• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Shito

My titan is not even rank 5 yet and I got the full Iron Saga armor set :p
Could only play up to rank 4, completing all the bounties, and I'm only missing the helmet for my hunter...
This is the proper way to implement IB loot! I can't push to rank 5 this week (leaving for a company trip tomorrow morning up until Tuesday), but I'm pretty excited for the next time IB shows up now!

GlamFM

Banned
Looking for a HUNTER for the OUTBREAK PRIME quest tonight, 8-ish Germany time.

Will post this a couple of times throughout the day.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So doing Archon's Forge, I just noticed the Tier of the offering helps finish your bounties faster

So a Fused gives you +1 to your bounty
Enhanced gives you +2
Perfected is +4

So if you have a Perfected saved of a certain type and its bounty, get the Win and finish the bounty in one go

Was awesome to get all 3 of my chars get done with All Shiro bounties from last and this week
His bounties have been giving me 385 Primary for the hell of it... I'll take it!, won't complain

All 3 of my characters are now 385, the push to 385+ begins
Getting 386-387 here and there
Hoping to see 388, 389 weapons/armor soon

390 is only looks like is the Raid Exotic, got all 3 quests going on my Guardians

I just got put into a match that ended 92-25. When the score was 90-25! Mercy was called as I was landed on the map. Why is this a thing!

Shito

I just got put into a match that ended 92-25. When the score was 90-25! Mercy was called as I was landed on the map. Why is this a thing!
Haha, got about the same thing yesterday, landed in a 80 to 20 something match.
Quickest IB match ever, but hey, gives a quick chance at great loot! :D

Ein Bear

Hi guys, I've not played since Vanilla, but just bought the complete collection and am diving back in with a fresh character.

Any tips for someone who's not played since a few months after launch? I'm guessing a lot has changed. I was a Hunter before, but thinking I might go with something different this time... unless the new Hunter subclass they added is fun?

Also, I've swapped over from PS4 to Xbox this time around. I know cross play and character transferring isn't supported, but is there anything at all that I can port across via bungie.net or something?

Thanks for the help!

Atkison04

In iron banner, is the scout rifle and hand cannon dropping in post game screen or only in packages? I haven't seen either drop and I already turned in all my bounties.

I got the side arm, fusion rifle and rocket launcher (with heavy payload and tracking, loving the design of it). What's suppose to be good?

GraveRobberX

Destiny 385!

Warlock:
qgqZdcA.jpg

Titan:
pbqi6FJ.jpg

Hunter:
DzTYHyf.jpg

Again Shiro bounties gave me 385 AR and Legendary Engram
ya56ewK.jpg

GlamFM

Banned
Hi guys, I've not played since Vanilla, but just bought the complete collection and am diving back in with a fresh character.

Any tips for someone who's not played since a few months after launch? I'm guessing a lot has changed. I was a Hunter before, but thinking I might go with something different this time... unless the new Hunter subclass they added is fun?

Also, I've swapped over from PS4 to Xbox this time around. I know cross play and character transferring isn't supported, but is there anything at all that I can port across via bungie.net or something?

Thanks for the help!

Nothing unfortunately, you´ll have to start from scratch.

The entire game has been "questified", just playing the quest and moving along will get you into "our" range pretty quickly.

GraveRobberX

In iron banner, is the scout rifle and hand cannon dropping in post game screen or only in packages? I haven't seen either drop and I already turned in all my bounties.

I got the side arm, fusion rifle and rocket launcher (with heavy payload and tracking, loving the design of it). What's suppose to be good?

Only through packages you can get the different weapons

The transition between Trials and Iron Bonanza is massive lol.

6fjcaUv.jpg

Bungie wants you to win 50% of the time.

axh2Inx.jpg

Even just playing with 1 or 2 people you know enables you to steamroll most teams. Most Guardians will just ignore crests or have no idea where they went. Easy to coordinate a mop up with people you are partying with.

GlamFM

Banned
The transition between Trials and Iron Bonanza is massive lol.

6fjcaUv.jpg

axh2Inx.jpg

Even just playing with 1 or 2 people you know enables you to steamroll most teams. Most Guardians will just ignore crests or have no idea where they went. Easy to coordinate a mop up with people you are partying with.

I think I´m kinda lucky so far:

3xyL8Bs.png

I never actually played enough Year 1 and 2 to have this problem:

What the hell do I spend my marks on now that I bought all the vendor weapons worth buying?

I have plenty of materials as well.

Goddamnit I am really getting tired of no matchmaking for the Raids...

Now I completely understand the reasoning, but it doesn't mean jack shit if you live in a time zone like me (JST) where absolutely nobody on any of the forums or sites you can access are going to be playing at the same time as you.

Drop extra loot for people willing to put up with the pubs and help out in the MM version. Or make it so that there is an automatic extra ToC chance on the bosses for helping out pubs. I don't care. Think of something to balance out the inevitable bad runs.

It's just so frustrating grinding to the right level and having absolutely no luck putting together a party of 6. I would rather take my chances on MMing.

Sorry for the rant, but I am about to just drop RoI at this point. At 366 light I am tired of running Heroic Strikes and just want to do the damn raid. It took me like 2 hours to get a group together yesterday and then half of them go afk after we fail twice on the first boss (we even got him to like 5%-10% health on the first try) and then the entire thing falls apart.

Now I completely understand the reasoning, but it doesn't mean jack shit if you live in a time zone like me (JST) where absolutely nobody on any of the forums or sites you can access are going to be playing at the same time as you.

Sorry for the rant, but I am about to just drop RoI at this point. At 366 light I am tired of running Heroic Strikes and just want to do the damn raid. It took me like 2 hours to get a group together yesterday and then half of them go afk after we fail twice on the first boss (we even got him to like 5%-10% health on the first try) and then the entire thing falls apart.
That's incredibly frustrating I'm sorry to hear that's been your experience so far. What time are you usually playing?

Fistwell

What the hell do I spend my marks on now that I bought all the vendor weapons worth buying?

Yah I got nothing. The only thing I do is splurge on mats when I reach 200. I don't think there's anything else. If there is, I'd like to know too.

Anyone up for OP quest? I have a hunter starting out and a titan 1/2 way through (up to second decode thing). PM here and/or friend me on PSN (ID: ZonySUX) if you need it or feel like giving a hand.

Drop extra loot for people willing to put up with the pubs and help out in the MM version. Or make it so that there is an automatic extra ToC chance on the bosses for helping out pubs. I don't care. Think of something to balance out the inevitable bad runs.

It's just so frustrating grinding to the right level and having absolutely no luck putting together a party of 6. I would rather take my chances on MMing.

I raided with wild_whiskey on Tuesday, he mentioned he was in Japan. Maybe hit him up for some tips or even to get on his next raid train? Btw, you can solo IB to raise that light level.

JST is +7hrs from western Europe, I think you could put together a group of willing euros playing in the early afternoon to join up with you playing in the evening. Either on the weekend or maybe on weekly reset day. Just coordinate a bit ahead of time, put out the message on this forum a few days early on post it a few times over the days leading up to it. I know wouldn't mind raiding with you this saturday at 1pm CET/ 8pm JST for example.

Sh0k

Same here, up to 200 marks again. Is there a list of the best weapons to expend marks from the vendors? I already have the Crucible vendor Hand Cannon (Palindrome) and the Sniper Rifle (Event Horizon).

Is there a decent Scout Rifle compared to the Hung Jury?

JJShadow

I'm sorry to hear that mate. What time do you usually play? I usually play Saturday and Sunday morning (UK time, afternoon for you in Japan if I'm not wrong), so if you wanna gather a raiding group for that time just let me know, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of Euro DGaffers who are willing to raid on mornings-early afternoons

In case you are unlucky trying to gather people her,e I strongly recommend you the100.io, a matchmaking website. There you can create a game session 2 or 3 days in advance, indicate what time do you want to play and I'm pretty sure you will find a group rather quick, there are games going on every single hour (and the community is quite nice and easy-going based on my experience)

Where are the steps broken down?

Wh picked up the quest and now have to do the first step I guess?

Nightfall and stuff.
1. Raid monitors/kill Aksis
2. Nightfall, 3 public events, 3 heroic strikes/crucible matches, get 50 kills with a pulse rifle, in a fire team of 3 (w, h, t)
3. Solve a siva engine puzzle in a fireteam of 3 (w, h, t)
4. 3 public events, Sepkis heroic strike, collect siva tech in a fire team of 3 (w, h, t)
4. Solve another siva engine puzzle in a fireteam of 3 (w, h, t)
5. Go back into the raid and kill 3 bosses (you can do the monitor room three times with checkpoint exchange)
6. Solve a final siva engine puzzle in a fireteam of 3 (w, h, t)
6. Turn into Shiro.

GlamFM

Banned
1. Raid monitors/kill Aksis
2. Nightfall, 3 public events, 3 heroic strikes/crucible matches, get 50 kills with a pulse rifle, in a fire team of 3 (w, h, t)
3. Solve a siva engine puzzle in a fireteam of 3 (w, h, t)
4. 3 public events, Sepkis heroic strike, collect siva tech in a fire team of 3 (w, h, t)
4. Solve another siva engine puzzle in a fireteam of 3 (w, h, t)
5. Go back into the raid and kill 3 bosses (you can do the monitor room three times with checkpoint exchange)
6. Solve a final siva engine puzzle in a fireteam of 3 (w, h, t)
6. Turn into Shiro.

Thanks!

GlamFM

Banned
Reposting for new page:

Looking for a HUNTER for the OUTBREAK PRIME quest tonight, 8-ish Germany time.

First step after picking up the quest.

Will post this a couple of times throughout the day.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand this at all. Not even 385, but 384. It's like bungie just wants to fuck with us. "Nice job getting to cap, now stop playing cause we're going to shit on your effort".

I wish they would at least be your actual light level, I don't care about going higher but stuff isn't even that useful for infusion if drops lower than what you already have.

noomi

Goodbye Grasp, Hello Dragon.

"But noomi why arent you using snapshot?"

Well I'll tell you....

Between braced frame and counter balance the recoil is so low that the negative effect of high caliber rounds is basically non existent, and you gain a slight boost to range with HCR.

GlamFM

Banned
I wish they would at least be your actual light level, I don't care about going higher but stuff isn't even that useful for infusion if drops lower than what you already have.

I would just stop caring TBH.

At 380+ you fairly over-leveled for everything the game has to offer right now.

HM will have 385+ drops, CM probably straight up 400 drops.

Guys, i want the Trespasser. Now. Anything i can do to actively hunt for it? Or shall i just pray to RNGsus?

RNG. Was my most desired exotic and was totally worth it! I got mine from a crucible exotic engram. A friend got his from the same. Maybe just keep popping 3oC during crucible matches and pray? lol

Top Bottom