• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Thanks for the train, guys! That was fun. My Hunter made it to Rank 5, so now I'm working on my Titan. I played on match with her just now, and it was actually pretty fun. It's much different than playing with a Warlock or Hunter.

Tomorrow night's train should expect a bubble bath!

That gun needs stability to be useful.

Not sure if it rolling counterbalance and braced frame is a possibility on it but that would give you optimal stability.

That's what mine has, but it's still pretty wild and the TTK is pretty long. If you're looking for a gun in that archetype, you'd be better off going with Doctrine or Soulstealer's Claw with those same perks.

Crosseyes

Banned
Ugh Iron Banner is just so awful. Impossible for me at 353 to do well and being killed by the exact same overleveled weapons that somehow everyone has.

Instakill midrange shotguns, lightning fast kill time pulse rifle...

Getting instagibbed from clipping a grenade from a presumably high light character and a sticky nade I tag someone with doesn't even one shot people.

Unbalanced garbage.

Hit rank 5 on all characters now. Last train was pretty damn good so it only took 7 or 8 games I think. My Titan is at 382 and I've got enough infusion fuel get my other two characters around there also. Gonna rekk the shit out of the raid now

BreakJohn

got the clever dragon today, a few friends of mine told me i got a "god tier" roll on it. i didnt play almost all of year 2 and recently got back on for year 3 so i have no clue whats good or not for pvp. anyways can you guys rank it for me? i'd just like to know if its as good as everyone keeps telling me.

sights: iron red dot, iron warrior sight, iron ranged scope
1st perk: hammer forged, braced frame
2nd perk: lightweight, high caliber rounds
3rd perk: counterbalance, feeding frenzy

got the clever dragon today, a few friends of mine told me i got a "god tier" roll on it. i didnt play almost all of year 2 and recently got back on for year 3 so i have no clue whats good or not for pvp. anyways can you guys rank it for me? i'd just like to know if its as good as everyone keeps telling me.

sights: iron red dot, iron warrior sight, iron ranged scope
1st perk: hammer forged, braced frame
2nd perk: lightweight, high caliber rounds
3rd perk: counterbalance, feeding frenzy

That's a pretty bonkers roll. Braced frame and counterbalance is good already bet then you have high caliber rounds and the option for feeding frenzy for pve. You lucked out pretty hard

BreakJohn

That's a pretty bonkers roll. Braced frame and counterbalance is good already bet then you have high caliber rounds and the option for feeding frenzy for pve. You lucked out pretty hard

nice, so for pvp i should be going braced frame(even if it lowers my mag?) counter balance and high caliber rounds?

I'm going to have to buy that palindrome I think. I love hand cannons but they just never seem to be the best choice anymore.

Finally got a Tresspasser and it seems like a good backup wep. Was tearing people down in IB with it.

Shito

Everyone is raging against shotguns in Supremacy, but can we talk about all the stormcaller's supers?
I swear that more than half of my deaths in IB came from this super... To the point where I feel refreshed and happy getting killed by a fist of panic or a hammer bro...

Jblanks

Everyone is raging against shotguns in Supremacy, but can we talk about all the stormcaller's supers?
I swear that more than half of my deaths in IB came from this super... To the point where I feel refreshed and happy getting killed by a fist of panic or a hammer bro...

Yes, they are extremely annoying also. I always have a lot of trouble killing them.

JaY P.

Ran IB today solo and completed all weekly bounties. Can anyone tell me how good these rolls are.

The Distant Star (scout) - Perfect Balance, extended mag, firefly (I'm thinking PvE roll)

Unbent Tree (auto rifle) -

1 with braced frame, appended magazine, counterbalance

Another with Braced Frame, snapshot, hidden hand

The Clever Dragon (pulse) - Braced Frame, Appended Mag, Hidden Hand.

I think they're pretty good rolls, but just want to know how they stack up to others.

Jblanks

Just won 5/6 to reach rank 5; and clutched a win out by 2 points.

Need to get a better artifact before I turn everything in though.

chur

Ran IB today solo and completed all weekly bounties. Can anyone tell me how good these rolls are.

The Distant Star (scout) - Perfect Balance, extended mag, firefly (I'm thinking PvE roll)

Unbent Tree (auto rifle) -

1 with braced frame, appended magazine, counterbalance

Another with Braced Frame, snapshot, hidden hand

The Clever Dragon (pulse) - Braced Frame, Appended Mag, Hidden Hand.

I think they're pretty good rolls, but just want to know how they stack up to others.
The scout and 1st Auto rifle roll are solid. Not quite sure about the pulse, but it looks good.

deadduck

CuChREpWIAAdkUF.jpg

Rifled, HCR and LiTC. Could be useful.

DjRalford

I've enjoyed iron banner this time round, got from 366 to 373 by the time I hit rank 5, think I only lost 8 or 9 times in total and never more than 2 or 3 in a row, still full of magic red bar shotgun scrubs but meh.

364 Artifact is really holding me back now, no matter who I level I just can't get one, not even from Eris.

jg4xchamp

Supremacy is so boring. Feels like matches take forever; doesn't help that I only really go through the PvP for the loot number and nothing more just so I can be fair ready.

stay gold

Well the problem with Stormtrance right now is that Skorri's artifact stacks with Electrostatic Mind and charges your super at a really stupid rate. With the artifact in effect and 2 allies nearby your full super will charge in 1 minute 30 seconds, and that's without killing anything.

Ugh Iron Banner is just so awful. Impossible for me at 353 to do well and being killed by the exact same overleveled weapons that somehow everyone has.

Instakill midrange shotguns, lightning fast kill time pulse rifle...

Getting instagibbed from clipping a grenade from a presumably high light character and a sticky nade I tag someone with doesn't even one shot people.

Unbalanced garbage.

But it's not supposed to be balanced. That's the whole point, it rewards people who have been levelling up and lets you take advantage of where your character's really at. You're just too low this go-round, you need to be at least 360. But even if you need to level up, Iron Banner's still a good way to do that between the easy bounties and the drops.

As someone who plays Stormcaller a lot, the grass isn't really that much greener on the other side. It's super easy to get team shot out of it, and there are so many counters to it...Fist of Havoc, Shadowshot, Golden Gun, Nova Bomb, suppression grenade, fusion grenade, shotgun...I get shut down more often than not. You really have to sweat with that blink to stay alive, and you need to reacquire the target every time.

I was saying on the last page, Nova Bomb is a much safer bet if you're at gold ELO, unless you're really skilled. I've gone through matches getting fisted out of Stormtrance 3 times in a row, and there's literally nothing you can do about it because they both have the same range.

Supremacy is so boring. Feels like matches take forever; doesn't help that I only really go through the PvP for the loot number and nothing more just so I can be fair ready.

Worst gamemode in the Crucible for sure, even Rift seems godlike now. Doesn't help that the new maps are all dogshit too, only Icarus is "ok-tier".

Combined with Classic Bungie™ netcode and this Iron Banner has been the most frustrating thing ever. Only positive thing is that the bounties are easy to do. Hitting lvl.5 with two characters and never playing Supremacy again, ever.

Score limit for supremacy should be 100. With mercy once 60 point lead. Something really needs to be done about red bars. It should be as simple as that when you red bar you do 0 damage. If you are yellow bar you do 1/2 damage. Fed up of invincible red and yellows topping scoreboards

Shito

Well the problem with Stormtrance right now is that Skorri's artifact stacks with Electrostatic Mind and charges your super at a really stupid rate. With the artifact in effect and 2 allies nearby your full super will charge in 1 minute 30 seconds, and that's without killing anything.
Iiiik, that better explains why in some games I was seeing the same two wizards always having their super!

As someone who plays Stormcaller a lot, the grass isn't really that much greener on the other side. It's super easy to get team shot out of it, and there are so many counters to it...Fist of Havoc, Shadowshot, Golden Gun, Nova Bomb, suppression grenade, fusion grenade, shotgun...I get shut down more often than not. You really have to sweat with that blink to stay alive, and you need to reacquire the target every time.

I was saying on the last page, Nova Bomb is a much safer bet if you're at gold ELO, unless you're really skilled. I've gone through matches getting fisted out of Stormtrance 3 times in a row, and there's literally nothing you can do about it because they both have the same range.
Yeah, not saying it's broken or anything, just that it's VERY MUCH present, and with that super charge rate explained it doesn't become too bad for them if the opposing team can sometimes counters with their own super. ^^
I always seem to get tagged by it when I'm away from my team, and I never managed to kill a full health stormcaller with my shotgun... Without at least one other teammate with me I can only try to put a dent into their health before I inevitably die, so that maybe it helps another guy to kill him.

Rank 5 on all 3 characters achieved. Definitely got good amounts of light gained on each. Happened to finish the TLW portion of the Chaperone quest on my Warlock without even thinking about it lol. Got a decent sniper roll: reinforced, Snapshot, hidden hand.

Three Rocket Launchers from Bounties. :/ I need that Pulse! I did get a pretty nice Distant Star though (Scout Rifle) PB/Full Auto/Triple Tap.

It's absolutely awful that you don't get any factions points when you lose Iron Banner Supremacy matches. All this does is leave you with one or two men down immediately if you are falling behind at the beginning. Also it's just frustrating if you're having a decent game but everyone around you sucked.

Top Bottom