• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

For those who run duplicate classes, how's that working for you? I'm thinking of deleting my Titan in favour for another Warlock.

There hasn't been a legitimate reason to do this since trying to get the Vault of Glass boots to run Hard Mode. If you want to restart a character it's one thing, but there's literally no reason to have duplicates.

I had three classes and I deleted the Titan and Warlock because I didn't enjoy feeling like I had to play them when I got online. Between inventory management and redoing all the same quests and content (especially The Taken King ones), it just felt like chore work, so I said nope.

Zakalwe

Banned
That was awesome everyone who just ran that last boss! Forgive me for pulling an Air Jordan and jumping over Aksis. That's a great final boss encounter, requires everyone to talk and participate.

Best way it seems it to climb a box and shallow jump directly onto the exposed red back, if you double jump there's a very high chance you'll miss the window.

I seriously love that fight, especially now people are getting the tactics down. It's incredibly satisfying when your team is coordinated.

The entire raid is great. Can't wait for HM and CM!

jacobs34

On most maps, shotguns are better. In close quarters, by the time your fusion charges, you'll be dead.

Yeah. The Fusion Rifles require that the person using it has really good map awareness and does things like precharge when going around tight corners. I love them personally, they really change the way I play, but if I'm playing a mode like trials I usually stick to shotguns.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So what's the ideal roll on The Unbent Tree?

I have one with Send It/ QuickDraw/ Rangefinder that looks good.

Is it possible to get a stability perk in the middle slot?

Zakalwe

Banned
For you :p

Warlocks is the best class all around.

It's objective fact, but I do understand your concern. :3

So what's the ideal roll on The Unbent Tree?

I have one with Send It/ QuickDraw/ Rangefinder that looks good.

Is it possible to get a stability perk in the middle slot?

Range is pretty pointless imo, it's more of a run and gun weapon. Best to get Braced Frame and HH or persistence, imo. CB will work too.

I dont know how more of you dont have one of each class. Hell, i rock one of each faction too! lol

It's so nice not ever worrying about what shit will decrypt into... regardless you've got a character for it.

I dont know how more of you dont have one of each class. Hell, i rock one of each faction too! lol

It's so nice not ever worrying about what shit will decrypt into... regardless you've got a character for it.

It's even nicer knowing it'll either be marks or shards for my starved Hunter.

For those who run duplicate classes, how's that working for you? I'm thinking of deleting my Titan in favour for another Warlock.

Don't do it, class balance constantly changes and we have seen now a quest where you need 1 of each class (not yourself, but in a fireteam) to complete the quest.

At destiny launch I ran 3x titans for a long time for raid drops, but that gets boring fast. Slowly deleted two and leveled up alts over months before I quit, when I came back I have been playing my hunter more but in Iron banner my warlock reigns supreme with stormcaller + shotgun. I fucking hate warlock jumps though so I rarely do anything in the raid with him, plus the class is second tier for the aksis boss, so since I only raid maybe once a week I usually take my hunter.

Its not a big deal not doing anything on a character for weeks at a time, but its nice having the option to jump on and go crazy if some balance patch makes one super OP for a while. I don't like playing much IB on my hunter, but on my stormcaller I feel like Thor, god of lightning and I have gotten a few solo team wipes.

ethomaz

Banned

I play all classes due Grimories points but Warlock is the best and most fun to play.... Hunter next and Titan is weird.

I die a lot with Hunter due jump lol

wesleyshark said:
I don't think so, no. Invisible boundaries everywhere

Search reddit, there was a post from awhile ago (week 1) where someone got significantly higher. BUT it looks crazy hard and isn't an "obvious" route like the climb to the nodule.

Apologies, I don't have the link handy.

Ah, thanks! I won't bother then.

It's kind of a weird decision to make you climb to 3/4 of the mountain and then stop :/

it's too late for me now. I know what I am missing and I really dgaf

#SpaceMagicFTW

It's even nicer knowing it'll either be marks or shards for my starved Hunter.

With how infusion works now you main one of your 3 and the other two are basically guaranteed to level up along side... i just cant see any reason nowadays to run multiple of the same class unless you just really must have as many shots as possible per week to get specific armor.

JJShadow

Me and a friend need a warlock for the final step of the Outbreak Prime, we just need to introduce the final random code. Could any warlock who already have it join us for 3 minutes and help us get it done? PSN is JJShadow77. Thanks!

That was awesome everyone who just ran that last boss! Forgive me for pulling an Air Jordan and jumping over Aksis. That's a great final boss encounter, requires everyone to talk and participate.

Haha thank you for coming mate, glad you got it done. Really nice team we had there, good job everyone!

Zakalwe

Banned
I prefer Titan's aesthetic and skill set, but the thing that clinches it for me is that it's also the fastest class in the game. With Lift spec'd to control (skating), Dunemarchers, and infinite sprint artefact, you're a blur in PvP. It's ridiculous.

With how infusion works now you main one of your 3 and the other two are basically guaranteed to level up along side... i just cant see any reason nowadays to run multiple of the same class unless you just really must have as many shots as possible per week to get specific armor.

Yea definitely no reason to run duplicate alts. I'm just at the point though where I only want to focus on one character. If it ever gets boring in PvP, I have two different subclasses to switch to for a while. But Nightstalker will never get boring in PvE. Drizz would have me think otherwise but I still say it's the best PvE class for its individual utility.

it's too late for me now. I know what I am missing and I really dgaf

#SpaceMagicFTW

Nonsense. If you have one of those straight to 40s from RoI left you can take a character to just about your mains light level in an hour or so. Really quick just pushing high level gear around. But i totally get ya. I was a Warlock x3 main for year 1 and 2.

Yea definitely no reason to run duplicate alts. I'm just at the point though where I only want to focus on one character. If it ever gets boring in PvP, I have two different subclasses to switch to for a while. But Nightstalker will never get boring in PvE. Drizz would have me think otherwise but I still say it's the best PvE class for its individual utility.

True. I just made a hunter with RoI and i've been maining that now. The jump plus the roll and the bow... shiiiiiiiiit it's straight Ninja in PvP lol.

DNAbro

Just powering through the Iron Banner. One more rank till 5. Trying to get this done in case power goes out due to hurricane and I can't finish it later.

Having one of your abilities being a "fairy float" isn't what I'd consider best, at all.

Man the float is incredibly useful. Allows for so many sneak attack and people often don't expect it.

Zakalwe

Banned
Thanks for the pounding Gaf train, you know who you are. <3

Man the float is incredibly useful. Allows for so many sneak attack and people often don't expect it.

I love my Warlock, but the floating jumps are terrible especially when compared to Titan.

Stormcaller is stupidly good for pvp though, my god...

ethomaz

Banned
Having one of your abilities being a "fairy float" isn't what I'd consider best, at all.
You mean the jump? I can see why people like the others jump but I'm the best with Warlock jump because you can control the way you want... I guess most guys will say Hunters for best jump because it is just a simple jump without any control over it... and the float jump gets better with the stop in the air skill... the jump is just so useful and you can turn it on/off any time in the air.

Best melee? Warlock.
Best grenades? Warlock.

What else diferenciasse classes???

Zakalwe

Banned
I guess most guys will say Hunters for best jump because it is just a simple jump without any control over it.
?

This isn't fanboi posturing, but I honestly consider Titan jump (control) to be by far the best jump in the game.

Not only can you become the fastest class via skating (this also effectively enables reloading while sprinting), but it offers the most control for jump puzzles etc...

I just can't see a contest here.

DNAbro

Thanks for the pounding Gaf train, you know who you are. <3

I love my Warlock, but the floating jumps are terrible especially when compared to Titan.

Stormcaller is stupidly good for pvp though, my god...

I was assuming they were talking about the Sunsinger Angel of Light ability. I'm so used to it, I play worse without it.

ethomaz

Banned
This isn't fanboi posturing, but I honestly consider Titan jump (control) to be by far the best jump in the game.

Not only can you become the fastest class via skating (this also effectively enables reloading while sprinting), but it offers the most control for jump puzzles etc...

I just can't see a contest here.
I don't see how Titan's jump has more control over it than Warlock's jump... with Warlock you can change the flow to any direction... change from "float" to fast fall a lot of time during the jump.

The only think better on Titans is the speed running in Strikes... that is really cool.

BTW best jump for PVP is the Blink jump for Warlocks/Hunters.

Zakalwe

Banned
I don't see how Titan's jump has more control over it than Warlock's jump... with Warlock you can change the flow to any direction... change from "float" to fast fall a lot of time during the jump.

Because of the momentum boost.

It's far easier to place where you're landing. It simply offers more control.

ethomaz

Banned
Because of the momentum boost.

It's far easier to place where you're landing. It simply offers more control.
I don't get that to be fair.

There is no way to miss a place with Warlock jump... it was the easiest jump for jumping platforms in raids to be fair. I needed to use Warlock for flawless VoG because it was the only char I could do the jumping platform without die.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've ordered new internet. Currently using a phone line (not even cable) connection with 3mb down, 500k/bs up. Also 1/5 wireless strength despite being about 20 feet from the shitty router.

The new connection will be 200mb down, 20 up. Has anyone else made a similar jump and seen noticeable gains in pvp? I'm assuming I will, 9/10 I have red bar and 50% hit reg.

I don't get that to be fair.

There is no way to miss a place with Warlock jump... it was the easiest jump for jumping platforms in raids to be fair. I needed to use Warlock for flawless VGC because it was the only char I could do the jumping platform without die.

Perhaps you're just used to it, but after extensive use of both I can't see how anyone could say Warlock offered more control.

I agree blink is ridiculously good for pvp, and is probably the best there, but for precision/speed in pve Titan is king.

Perhaps you're just used to it, but after extensive use of both I can't see how anyone could say Warlock offered more control.

I agree blink is ridiculously good for pvp, and is probably the best there, but for precision/speed in pve Titan is king.
Nah, blink got butchered like a lot of Hunter stuff. That -2 recovery thing is a bigger deal than expected. I even saw Krafty not using it. That's when you know it's shit.

Iron Banner + Supremacy is amazing. I have not been a big pvp player in Destiny at all, but supremacy is such a fun mode and with the loot drops of IB, it has been a joy to play this week....and I have only played with randos. Hand cannons are fun again, Suros Regime is still solid in pvp, and I have gone up a few LL since Tuesday. The LL grind is slow as balls, but at least I make progress every time I have fired up Destiny this week.

Out of sight, out of mind? ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

VmjDVciG3ZJbq.gif

Zakalwe

Banned
Iron Banner + Supremacy is amazing. I have not been a big pvp player in Destiny at all, but supremacy is such a fun mode and with the loot drops of IB, it has been a joy to play this week....and I have only played with randos. Hand cannons are fun again, Suros Regime is still solid in pvp, and I have gone up a few LL since Tuesday. The LL grind is slow as balls, but at least I make progress every time I have fired up Destiny this week.

Ha, it's probably the most divisive thing in Destiny for a while.

For me it's an awful, awful mode. The small maps, the poor matchmaking (premades), the nature of the mode (everyone rushes in for kills/tokens regardless of strategy), the constant grenade/super/shotgun spam, the random spawn points....

It's a clusterfuck of opportunist spamming.

I love the loot, and it's very fun to steam roll with a pre-made, and if you get a decent balance of teams in a solo queue it can be quite a fun way to blow off steam, but overall it's an incredibly poorly designed PvP mode.

Put me in the camp that is having a tremendous amount of fun with Iron Banner this week. Then again I converted to Shotgun instead of whining about it on here like I normally would.

Video incoming

TheFlow

Banned
Ha, it's probably the most divisive thing in Destiny for a while.

For me it's an awful, awful mode. The small maps, the poor matchmaking (premades), the nature of the mode (everyone rushes in for kills/tokens regardless of strategy), the constant grenade/super/shotgun spam, the random spawn points....

It's a clusterfuck of opportunist spamming.

I love the loot, and it's very fun to steam roll with a pre-made, and if you get a decent balance of teams in a solo queue it can be quite a fun way to blow off steam, but overall it's an incredibly poorly designed PvP mode.
For once the crucible stuff like Osiris and IB is more fun than the singleplayer stuff.

Playing Ib with my friends is so fun win or lose.

I use shotguns when they get super up close, and for bounties.

But it is literally more logical to use a shotgun over a sniper rifle in this game mode.

Zakalwe

Banned
Put me in the camp that is having a tremendous amount of fun with Iron Banner this week. Then again I converted to Shotgun instead of whining about it on here like I normally would.

Video incoming

How do you feel about FRs? The raid one absolutely decimates SG users, the charge rate/spread is ridiculously good for pvp.

And don't get me wrong, this IB can definitely be fun. It's just a shitshow kind of fun, like Overwatch (the game) brawl or the Gally quest.

Top Bottom