• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

The Undying Mind... both strikes suck unfortunately and take forever lol.

Hmm yeah, can't say that's one of my favourites. Guess I'll have to work it in.

Another quick question: as far as Skeleton Chests go, it doesn't matter whether I open them running a heroic strike or a normal one, right?

Deku Tree

Finding a new match 2x in a row. If you go down in the first minute then everybody on your team quits. Then you get mercied.

Any IB trains with a spot open? MM is killing me. Send invite.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Is there somewhere to learn about which perks make good weapons? I need to clear my vault. I think I've got 8 different Hacksaws sitting there because I don't really know what makes a good version of each weapon type.

LiK

Is there somewhere to learn about which perks make good weapons? I need to clear my vault. I think I've got 8 different Hacksaws sitting there because I don't really know what makes a good version of each weapon type.

i guess google weapon name and "god roll" in google and maybe you'll find a reddit thread about it.

Hmm yeah, can't say that's one of my favourites. Guess I'll have to work it in.

Another quick question: as far as Skeleton Chests go, it doesn't matter whether I open them running a heroic strike or a normal one, right?

Nope. Get your keys and then just pick from individual 320 level strikes for the specific loot you want. DO make sure you have your highest light stuff on when you open the chest.

JJShadow

Reposting for new page:

Looking for 3 guardians for a QUICK raid tonight, 8-ish Germany time.

We´re on the final exo quest step.

1. Glam 374 Titan
2. Glam Friend 374 Warlock
3. HidingMyThunder 378 Hunter

Unfortunately time is limited tonight, so we want to do it quick.

<3

I have already cleared the raid this week but I can give you guys a hand, would like to test my new OP in the raid :p

PSN is JJShadow77 (Titan 378)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So in my Vault I have

20 Legendary Weapon Engrams
70 fucking Legendary Armor Engrams

Total of 90 Engram's, do I go decrypt them or hold till Hard Raid and keep stockpiling)?

LiK

I have already cleared the raid this week but I can give you guys a hand, would like to test my new OP in the raid :p

PSN is JJShadow77 (Titan 378)

What time do you usually raid? i really need to join an experienced group and just finish it quick and get the Pulse quest. I'm a bit burned out with being forced to leave before completing it for the second time this week.

Lima

Xur's inventory is surprisingly not shit. I don't know how to feel how about that.

Finish of Gears of War 4 campaign and then some trials I guess.

GlamFM

Banned
What time do you usually raid? i really need to join an experienced group and just finish it quick and get the Pulse quest. I'm a bit burned out with being forced to leave before completing it for the second time this week.

8 germany time.. So roughly 4 hrs from now.

You in?

It's a very personal type of thing. Aside from range, stability and impact boosters it comes down to what you prefer and how you like to play.

For instance. I very much like weapons with Icarus (improved accuracy in air) for PvP as you'll have a distinct advantage in the Crucible if you can aim accurately while moving in the air and the other guy cant. I like outlaw for quick reloads but some might prefer a stability perk in place.... However i could mostly care less for stability on most weapons as i can effectively control most recoil with my thumb.

You'll have to play around experiment.

GlamFM

Banned
Reposting for new page:

Looking for 1 or 2 guardians for a QUICK raid tonight, 8-ish Germany time.

1. Glam 374 Titan

4. JJShadow77 (Thanks!)
5. GraveRobber (Maybe)

<3

I have not come across nor can I think of a single scenario where the Outbreak Prime is a better option as a primary/Exotic slot than a Hung Jury or my Keystone with Explosive Rounds, Outlaw, and Firefly combined with a heavy Exotic (Sword, Gally).

It's fun to play around with a bit but overall the gun has been incredibly underwhelming especially given the questline.

xuchu

Reposting for new page:

1. Glam 374 Titan

<3

Sure, I'll join you Glam. Think I have you on my friends list. Did the raid with you earlier this week too and it went well.

PSN: Talos_AI, 385 warlock

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
IB Rank 5 got me a Fusion which I never use. totally infused it into my Sniper.

I have been having shit luck in IB trying to get to Rank 5. I know you get something for the record book, but does Efrideet just give a random drop?

JJShadow

IT RUINS the super shanks in the beginning

Yeah, cannot wait to see those shanks melting just after they spawn

I'm based in UK so I'm usually online from 19:00 to 21:30 BST on weekdays and weekends. I'm also available most Saturday and Sunday mornings.

What time do you usually play? Add me to PSN > JJShadow77, maybe we can arrange something together for the weekend

If you just killed Aksis and skipped everything before him, can you start over and get all the previous drops and chests?

Yep, you can get loot from every single chest once per week per character, it doesn't matter in which order do you open them

LifEndz

I'm looking forward to playing some nice casual PvP this weekend. I'm so sick of this ShotgunBanner bullshit... but i'm forced to play for the loots :/

Same. A buddy and I were playing supremacy in the same fireteam last night and the losing started getting to us to the point that something that used to happen ALL the time in streets of rage and double dragon almost happened: it almost got to a "you wanna 1v1? Let's go! I'll 1v1 you right now!" Thankfully I quit and ran with randoms (which for some reason resulted in more wins) before it got there, but yeah, casual and normal pvp is a much needed break from the mayhem of Supremacy.

I have not come across nor can I think of a single scenario where the Outbreak Prime is a better option as a primary/Exotic slot than a Hung Jury or my Keystone with Explosive Rounds, Outlaw, and Firefly combined with a heavy Exotic (Sword, Gally).

It's fun to play around with a bit but overall the gun has been incredibly underwhelming especially given the questline.

The Siva Swarms are it's only saving grace however a properly rolled Hawksaw, Hopscotch or Grasp will do just as good if not better.

Lets not even mention the Clever Dragon and how it blows the OP out of the water.

LiK

I have been having shit luck in IB trying to get to Rank 5. I know you get something for the record book, but does Efrideet just give a random drop?

yea, just another random IB drop. i got nothing but ARs, Shotties, FRs and a Sidearm. I didn't get a single Scout or Pulse which were the only weapons I wanted. Sucks.

I'm based in UK so I'm usually online from 19:00 to 21:30 BST on weekdays and weekends. I'm also available most Saturday and Sunday mornings.

What time do you usually play? Add me to PSN > JJShadow77, maybe we can arrange something together for the weekend

Yup, added you since you're pretty active here.

I think I will be doing another purge of old Destiny guys I haven't played with in a year including some old friends who seem to no longer invite me to anything anymore. They seem to have their own groups now.

Shiv47

Supremacy matches need to be shorter, like 100-120 crests, and mercy needs to be kicked in if one team falls behind by 40 or more, at any time. We were in three matches last night where we ended up losing by 100, 80, and 70 or so crests, and playing out shit matches like that kills any interest in continuing to play. Just end it already.

Just a heads up, don't buy the exotic primary weapon engram from Xur this week. It gives out 160 level weapons that you can't upgrade.

I know it's legacy but still you'd think they would include ones that you can bump up.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Man, I had a blast playing Iron Banner last night on my alts. You get double XP on everything including bounties. Hit rank 5 with my Warlock in an hour and a half. At Rank 4 with my hunter. I cant buy a fucking kill with my bladedancer though.

The loot was dropping like crazy. Ghosts everywhere. Artifacts. I was getting 386-387 gear consistently. I went from 381 to 385 in a couple of hours of insanity. By comparison, took me two days to get my Titan from 379 to 381 mostly by upgrading factions. Love how you get gear from all four bounties, from hitting rank 3 and rank 5 and of course the better drop rates overall.

Reposting for new page:

1. Glam 374 Titan

<3

I'm in if you still have room. Need to kill the bosses for my second OP.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Poor deku. Do you wish for the power?

Blink is your friend with blade and invisible. Since it's a fast pace mode you can get the drop on enemies easily.

Atkison04

What's suppose to be so good about Clever Dragon? I had one drop after completing a bounty last night (with perfect balance, lightweight, and either rangefinder or feeding frenzy on last skill tree). I was doing much better with my hopscotch than I was with the dragon.

ch4fx_

<3

I'm sure you're aware, but since you're pressed for time I felt it's worth mentioning.

If you're trying to get 3x boss kills for the quest, you can run the TV guy 3 times & it will count.

3 different bosses are obviously ideal because everyone in the party will get multiple drops, but doing the same boss 3 times is definitely more time efficient if you're just looking for OBP. If you take this route, grab check points to even further maximize your time!

sorry I can't help, stuck at work!

Silvard

Poor deku. Do you wish for the power?

Blink is your friend with blade and invisible. Since it's a fast pace mode you can get the drop on enemies easily.

I need to learn to blade dance. Blink and close quarter combat (+ shotgun) still disorients the hell out of me. I don't know if it's lag or what but once I am (or someone gets in) close range I'm toast, I lose my target, I frantically look around meleeing, hoping that it sticks to them.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Looking for three guardians to join a Raid @ ~ 8:30 PM UK time tonight;

1. Me ( TiemenMeijer )
2. Seep
3. ZonySUX
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

GlamFM

Banned
Sure, I'll join you Glam. Think I have you on my friends list. Did the raid with you earlier this week too and it went well.

PSN: Talos_AI, 385 warlock

Thanks! And were full!

1. Glam 374 Titan
4. JJShadow77 (Thanks!)
5. GraveRobber (Maybe)
6. Thalos

I'm in if you still have room. Need to kill the bosses for my second OP.

Sorry, filled up :(

But since Grave is a maybe you might slip in if you hang around :)

Lima

Xur is here. Last week I made over 500 strange coins. This week I only made 379. I played a lot less Destiny this week. Thanks Gears.

Top Bottom