• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

LiK

Sigh, almost killed Aksis last night and then one of our guys missed the dunk for the final DPS that would've ended him. Pretty frustrating because everyone kept dying early in the encounter afterwards. I had to bail cuz I have work today. We blew by the entire rest of the raid in an hour so people messing up at the end was a real bummer. I just wanna beat this guy. It's hard grouping up with these guys cuz of their schedules too.

If anyone needs someone for Aksis final phase tonight, please let me know. I know the fight inside and out.

GunnerZ

Xur would sell both new hunter and titan exotic gauntlets and not sell the Ophidian Aspect :mad:. I guess he knows not to sell the best Exotic piece of armor in the game to early.

If anyone on Xbone wants to introduce me to the raid this weekend, that'd be great. I'd like to see and finish it before I move on to Gears 4 for a while.

Sigh, almost killed Aksis last night and then one of our guys missed the dunk for the final DPS that would've ended him. Pretty frustrating because everyone kept dying early in the encounter afterwards. I had to bail cuz I have work today. We blew by the entire rest of the raid in an hour so people messing up at the end was a real bummer. I just wanna beat this guy. It's hard grouping up with these guys cuz of their schedules too.

If anyone needs someone for Aksis final phase tonight, please let me know. I know the fight inside and out.

Dont need it but I can help. We did the whole thing last night with no team wipes at all.

I think this has been the least enjoyable Iron Banner that I have participated it. I don't know if it's because there's a wide gap in light levels right now so teams aren't matched as evenly as I'm accustomed to or what but most games I'm just getting steam rolled. In the old IB's I did fairly well solo queueing but this time, not so much.

EL CUCO

Well, thanks to IB it seems that I've hit the soft cap. Have all 3 characters at 385+ and getting mostly the same LL loot or lower now.

LiK

Dont need it but I can help. We did the whole thing last night with no team wipes at all.

Yea, we didn't die at all until final boss. It was a good run considering it was only my second time playing with them. But man, really thought we wouldn't have any issues at the end.

Thanks for the offer. I would really love to just join a group of experienced Gaffers and finish it for the end loot.

Ophidian Aspect gives:

Quick Draw
Increased grenade throwing distance
Increase Melee speed
Faster reloads for all weapons
Improved Energy drain

Once I get those exotic gauntlets they will never come off my warlock.
I switched from Ophidian to the Vestments for trials last week and the reload slowdown was utterly painful.

The only exotic I use on my Warlock. So good.

To each his/her own... but I would totally run Transversive Steps or even Sun Breakers on my Warlock. But that's just me.

Overall I'd rate Dunemarchers, Heat of Praxic, Sealed Ahamkaras, Shinobu's Vow or Crest of Alpha Lupi over the snake gloves.

Ophidian Aspect gives:

Quick Draw
Increased grenade throwing distance
Increase Melee speed
Faster reloads for all weapons
Improved Energy drain

Once I get those exotic gauntlets they will never come off my warlock.

What is reloading? Transversive Steps lol...

http://imgur.com/bMSpTcx

GunnerZ

I switched from Ophidian to the Vestments for trials last week and the reload slowdown was utterly painful.
I would take all the benifits of the Aspects over spawning with an impoved grenade any day. Voidfang was the real MVP for 3 years it's time to hang it up in the closet.

MaKTaiL

Anyone else disappointed that ROI didn't feature any substantial side quests? I mean actual story side quests. The best thing about TTK for me was the side quests you got after beating the campaign.

• The aftermath of Skolas' capture and what happened to the House of Wolves after that.
  • What might have happened to the Queen after Oryx arrival.
  • The awesome Praedyth storyline and the secret ending that showed what that portal on Vault of Glass was all about (with a bonus exotic weapon quest along with it)
  • The quests about what the shade of Oryx was trying to do after Oryx was killed which led to one of the hardest missions in the game back on Phobos.
  • The quest about Cayde-6 secret stash.
  • The awesome mission back on Crota's Throne World.
  • The Sleeper Simulant side quest.
  • The secret ending that led to Black Spindle.
In my opinion TTK was a bigger love letter to Destiny Year 1 than ROI will ever be. When I finished the main ROI quest I was expecting these awesome side quests along with it but all we got was a Gjhallahorn and Khvostov quest, and the container quest to open up the new strikes. That's it. All the other quests are just additional missions with no substance to them, no voice overs. You would figure that the ROI being a fallen based expansion the House of Wolves would be somewhat interested on using SIVA, for example. Don't get me wrong, ROI is great and I know it's smaller than Year 2. I just wanted a little bit more care from Bungie like we got on TTK. Hopefully Destiny 2 will improve on that.

Anyone else disappointed that ROI didn't feature any substantial side quests? I mean actual story side quests. The best thing about TTK for me was the side quests you got after beating the campaign.

• The aftermath of Skolas' capture and what happened to the House of Wolves after that.
  • The awesome Praedyth storyline and the secret ending that showed what that portal on Vault of Glass was all about (with a bonus exotic weapon quest along with it)
  • The quests about what the shade of Oryx was trying to do after Oryx was killed which led to one of the hardest missions in the game back on Phobos.
In my opinion TTK was a bigger love letter to Destiny Year 1 than ROI will ever be. When I finished the main ROI quest I was expecting these awesome side quests along with it but all we got was a Gjhallahorn and Khvostov quest, and the container quest to open up the new strikes. That's it. All the other quests are just additional missions with no substance to them, no voice overs. You would figure that the ROI being a fallen based expansion the House of Wolves would be somewhat interested on using SIVA, for example. Don't get me wrong, ROI is great and I know it's smaller than Year 2. I just wanted a little bit more care from Bungie like we got on TTK. Hopefully Destiny 2 will improve on that.

It honestly feels like something quickly tacked together so that the brunt of focus would remain on Destiny 2. A little DLC to give us some more to do and keep us thinking about Destiny. I'm enjoying it.

To each his/her own... but I would totally run Transversive Steps or even Sun Breakers on my Warlock. But that's just me.

Overall I'd rate Dunemarchers, Heat of Praxic, Sealed Ahamkaras, Shinobu's Vow or Crest of Alpha Lupi over the snake gloves.

What is reloading? Transversive Steps lol...

http://imgur.com/bMSpTcx
Sunbreakers are great if you're rolling a Sunsinger. For pvp I'm usually a voidwalker. And the Steps are cool looking and can be useful, but only situationally. Their signature ammo perk isn't something that you'll get a ton of use out of in pvp haha.

LiK

RoI was made in 9 months and people think it's nothing more than some additonal content to extend the game's life before Destiny 2 comes out. While it does lack a lot of substantial quests, it certainly makes it up with one of the best raids in the game.

xuchu

I can help out too whenever you're free. If you need it just send a friend request.

Psn: Talos_AI

hank_tree

RoI was made in 9 months and people think it's nothing more than some additonal content to extend the game's life before Destiny 2 comes out. While it does lack a lot of substantial quests, it certainly makes it up with one of the best raids in the game.

How long did they spend on The Taken King?

theWB27

Yo gaf...how can I get practice on raids? Im on Xbox and would love to do one. I do well with following instructions on the fly.

eggydoo

Also, the Supremacy match rules need serious revision. 150 crests is stupid, it should be 100 crests and less time to get them. 120 at best. I've seen crews getting exhausted right before the end, super spamming destroying valid leads and so on.

I feel I'm one of the few that disagrees. 150 is fine. Most games for me last about 8-9minutes. That's in line with most modes. What they need to do is address the mercy rule. I've had games where we were up 50+ points, one by 70+ and mercy didn't kick in cause I guess earlier in the match it was "close". Does bungie really expect them to come back and win down so many points?

I feel I'm one of the few that disagrees. 150 is fine. Most games for me last about 8-9minutes. That's in line with most modes. What they need to do is address the mercy rule. I've had games where we were up 50+ points, one by 70+ and mercy didn't kick in cause I guess earlier in the match it was "close". Does bungie really expect them to come back and win down so many points?
Mercy only kicks in if one team hits 90 before the other hits 30

But yeah, I agree that 150 is fine. Most of the games I've been in have hit 150 with plenty of time to spare.

GlamFM

Banned
Reposting for new page:

Looking for 3 guardians for a QUICK raid tonight, 8-ish Germany time.

We´re on the final exo quest step.

1. Glam 374 Titan
2. Glam Friend 374 Warlock
3. HidingMyThunder 378 Hunter

Unfortunately time is limited tonight, so we want to do it quick.

<3

LiK

i think 150 is fine as well. I guess if they decide to lessen the amount, 130 would be a good compromise. I love the game mode. Pretty fun.

Tjamato88

Yeah I agree. It feels like if one team takes a double digit lead it becomes nearly impossible for a team to come back.

I only had one match where it got close last night and even then the team that was leading still won.

What's with the invisible wall at the Echo Chamber strike? Second time I wanted to open the chest but couldn't because I keep running into an invisible wall after killing the boss.

Tjamato88

Yea, i really like that it makes people move around and not camp much because they need the crests to win. It totally fits my playstyle.

Striker Titan too. <3

I think Nightstalker is great in Supremacy. I was shredding two nights ago with it.

Sunbreakers are great if you're rolling a Sunsinger. For pvp I'm usually a voidwalker. And the Steps are cool looking and can be useful, but only situationally. Their signature ammo perk isn't something that you'll get a ton of use out of in pvp haha.

I love me some Sunbreakers in PvP... The Steps are more PvE focused... but that fast crouch/walk is nice for sneaking up on fools with a shotgun too lol.

What's with the invisible wall at the Echo Chamber strike? Second time I wanted to open the chest but couldn't because I keep running into an invisible wall after killing the boss.

I gave up running that strike after that happened a 3rd time. HAS to be some sort of glitch. It's impossible to get the chest... which is a bummer because it's one of two that contains the God Loop.

I gave up running that strike after that happened a 3rd time. HAS to be some sort of glitch. It's impossible to get the chest... which is a bummer because it's one of two that contains the God Loop.

Okay, so it's not just me. It's doubly annoying because another time when I wanted to open the chest I died just as we killed the boss, and my ghost was right next to the chest. My teammates didn't feel like reviving me however, even though they were standing right by. Maddening.

What is the other of the two that contains it?

Okay, so it's not just me. It's doubly annoying because another time when I wanted to open the chest I died just as we killed the boss, and my ghost was right next to the chest. My teammates didn't feel like reviving me however, even though they were standing right by. Maddening.

What is the other of the two that contains it?

The Undying Mind... both strikes suck unfortunately and take forever lol.

lt519

Going to be out of town for Heroic Raid, boooo.

I've still only done the raid in its entirety once. Iron Banner fully distracted me. Just did it with my Warlock last night, holy shit what a train wreck I am with that character. I was trying to play with a half leveled Stormcaller and couldn't effectively use supers. But on that note due to Iron Banners generous drops on my other toons I didn't even have to do any leveling for my Warlock, insta 385.

Top Bottom