• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Lighting all of the Iron Lord fires does nothing, huh? Seems like a missed opportunity.

I was thinking that too.

Wouldnt it have been cool if it opened up the central portion of the room and it lead to some crypt underneath that was the beginning for some new exotic artifact quest?! An artifact that took the power of all 8 and put them into 1 and allowed you to level it up as a single piece and simply turn whichever on you wanted at any given time.

Strider

So can anyone give impressions on the vendor IB auto rifle? Should I just power through to rank 5 to get it?

I like the design of the IB weapons actually n the perks seem good.

Ramirez

So can anyone give impressions on the vendor IB auto rifle? Should I just power through to rank 5 to get it?

I got over 10 ARs along the way to rank 5 on my characters, lol.

I don't know if you do ToO, but it's nothing I'd use in there, ok for regular Crucible I guess, but I don't play that unless I'm forced to. :p

Reven

After complaining last night about needing a ghost and not getting one while on the IB train Destiny decided to hear my pleas and gave me a ghost and an exotic engram for my last match of the night. :) The engram decrypted into a nice Patience & Time sniper.

Whats the best way to get exotic shards, I have a few things I need to infuse.

GlamFM

Banned
I'm sure you're aware, but since you're pressed for time I felt it's worth mentioning.

If you're trying to get 3x boss kills for the quest, you can run the TV guy 3 times & it will count.

3 different bosses are obviously ideal because everyone in the party will get multiple drops, but doing the same boss 3 times is definitely more time efficient if you're just looking for OBP. If you take this route, grab check points to even further maximize your time!

sorry I can't help, stuck at work!

Thanks, we might do that!

After complaining last night about needing a ghost and not getting one while on the IB train Destiny decided to hear my pleas and gave me a ghost and an exotic engram for my last match of the night. :) The engram decrypted into a nice Patience & Time sniper.

Dismantle useless Y1 exotics ;)

LiK

Not that good and you're better off just getting them to drop from playing. I got rid of so many ARs.

is the IB shotgun (and its archetype) worth using in the current meta of crucible?
perqs are:
Linear Compensator/Accurized Ballistics/Field choke
Hammer Forged/Oiled Frame
Single Point Sling/Casket Mag
Performance Bonus/Army of One

What's suppose to be so good about Clever Dragon? [...] I was doing much better with my hopscotch than I was with the dragon.

It kills people in PvP in as many bursts as your Pilgrim but shoots faster?

If your Pilgrim has a more reliable roll than you may not find it as easy to hit the optimal TTK on the Dragon, but the potential is there.

Deku Tree

Poor deku. Do you wish for the power?

Blink is your friend with blade and invisible. Since it's a fast pace mode you can get the drop on enemies easily.

Sounds like y1 all over again.

I got to 3x 386 playing IB so I got no complaints. I'm not a sweaty PvP try hard or anything. :)

But yeah I wish for the power Kadey. Show me the way.

Zakalwe

Banned

But from kiosk for 1 shard. Level till all green circles are full. Dismantle for 2 shards.

Just a heads up, don't buy the exotic primary weapon engram from Xur this week. It gives out 160 level weapons that you can't upgrade.

I know it's legacy but still you'd think they would include ones that you can bump up.

Isn't this how it's always been? My understanding was that you could buy the legacy exotic for Year 1,then use that to be able to get the Year 2 version that can be infused. Assuming a Year 2 version exists of course.

ch4fx_

- Apply heavy telemetry.
- Burn 5-7 motes of light.
- Dismantle when all nodes are unlocked, for 2 exotic shards, weapon parts and some motes.
- Profit.

molnizzle

- Apply heavy telemetry.
- Dismantle when all nodes are unlocked, for 2 exotic shards, weapon parts and some motes.
- Profit.

Don't you have to actually upgrade the exotic to get the 2 shards? I thought I tried this earlier and only got one shard.

Ambitious

What's the consensus on the Devil's Dawn? I just got one with Life Support and Firefly. RoF, stability and magazine are lower/smaller than my 1000YS, which has Triple Tap. I'm mainly interested in PvE.

Lima

What's the consensus on the Devil's Dawn? I just got one with Life Support and Firefly. RoF, stability and magazine are lower/smaller than my 1000YS, which has Triple Tap. I'm mainly interested in PvE.

The perks on it are set, only the element changes. I ave one with void and arc that I use during strikes. For everything else in PvE either keep using your 1k stare or get the Event Horizon from the crucible vendor.

LiK

is the IB shotgun (and its archetype) worth using in the current meta of crucible?
perqs are:
Linear Compensator/Accurized Ballistics/Field choke
Hammer Forged/Oiled Frame
Single Point Sling/Casket Mag
Performance Bonus/Army of One

No, the range and impact sucks for PVP. Better off using Matador, Party Crasher or Last Ditch.

Isn't it a chance at two shards, rather than a guarantee?

No it's 100% at least how most do it with the heavy weapon method.

Buy Thunderlord off heavy exotic kiosk for 1 shard and 2500 glimmer (i believe)...
pop heavy telemetry...
spend 6 motes...
shard fully unlocked Thunderloard...
Get 2 or 3 motes...
Get 2 shards.

Keep going until your heavy telemetry runs out or you run out of glimmer.

No it's 100% at least how most do it with the heavy weapon method.

Buy Thunderlord off heavy exotic kiosk for 1 shard and 2500 glimmer (i believe)...
pop heavy telemetry...
spend 6 motes...
shard fully unlocked Thunderloard...
Get 2 or 3 motes...
Get 2 shards.

Keep going until your heavy telemetry runs out or you run out of glimmer.

So you don't need to upgrade it, just unlock the upgrades for it to produce two shards?

So you don't need to upgrade it, just unlock the upgrades for it to produce two shards?

Nope. Simply unlock the ability to upgrade those perks/nodes. You do NOT have to spend the glimmer and resources to actually purchase them to get 2 shards upon dismantle... just have them all unlocked.

LiK

Read about the Bungie bounty. This is great for anyone who's not at work watching their Twitch stream. I'll never get that ugly emblem.

Ambitious

The perks on it are set, only the element changes. I ave one with void and arc that I use during strikes. For everything else in PvE either keep using your 1k stare or get the Event Horizon from the crucible vendor.

Mine's Arc, just like my 1000YS. I guess I'll infuse it, then. Triple Tap is much more useful for bosses.

LiK

Hit rank 2 in Iron Banner, I here the progression is much quicker this time around, but it doesn't seem like it.

Each win gives you 250 rep. I completed all the Bounties in an evening and it shot me up to Rank 4 instantly. Reached Rank 5 the next evening from just wins. Pretty easy, tbh.

Airan

Are there any more expansions coming for Destiny 1? Interested in the Collection pack but seeing as Rise of Iron standalone costs 70% of the Collection I'm feeling it might be better to wait it out if another exp pack is in the works.

LiK

Are there any more expansions coming for Destiny 1? Interested in the Collection pack but seeing as Rise of Iron standalone costs 70% of the Collection I'm feeling it might be better to wait it out if another exp pack is in the works.

Nope, we're done. Destiny 2 is next.

- Apply heavy telemetry.
- Profit.

Don't you have to actually upgrade the exotic to get the 2 shards? I thought I tried this earlier and only got one shard.
You don't need a heavy telemetry, you only need a class item with that heavy XP. Also this does not work with the new RoI exotics.

EL CUCO

So until then what can we do to level up beyond 385? Are factions and vanguard/crucible upgrade dropping gear over 385 or should we just hold off on leveling those up before tuesday?
Beyond 385 is basically the same as getting to 385, only without the guaranteed progression system. Since hitting 385-387 everything has dropped at or below my LL. I dont even think its worth the grind for an extra 3 LL (I think the highest LL'd Guardian is 388, atm)

Nope. There'll be free content updates between now and Destiny 2 but RoI is the last paid expansion.

Isn't this how it's always been? My understanding was that you could buy the legacy exotic for Year 1,then use that to be able to get the Year 2 version that can be infused. Assuming a Year 2 version exists of course.

I dunno, I heard that you don't get the blueprints from this. I got a hawkmoon and I cannot increase the level of it.

To be fair, I've been out for a few months and came back for the expansion.

Are there any titans and hunters who want to do 3 archon forge fights with me?
I need it for the Outbreak Prime quest. You don't need to be on mic or anything, just in the same fire team.

Zakalwe

Banned
Are there any titans and hunters who want to do 3 archon forge fights with me?
I need it for the Outbreak Prime quest. You don't need to be on mic or anything, just in the same fire team.

Titan here. Throw me an invite. I can help with the code input stage after too.

PSN: astropoff

Top Bottom