• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

X-Frame

Just realized that Bungie reduced the costs of the IB gear by like 50% this time, just adding to how much better this IB is in Year 3 compared to previous years.

I'm thinking of getting the Vendor Shotgun as a PvE shotgun, but not sure it would be something I'd use over the raid Shotgun.

LiK

Are there any titans and hunters who want to do 3 archon forge fights with me?
I need it for the Outbreak Prime quest. You don't need to be on mic or anything, just in the same fire team.

if i can get the Pulse quest this weekend, i'll happily join you for that. I'm a Titan.

spyder_ur

Tuesday, October 18th at 10 a.m. Bungie time.

Honestly I'm not excited about HM coming for two reasons:

1) HM of every raid sucks compared to NM. No revives is terrible and limits any attempt to save runs. The encounters are only made harder by more spongy enemies or a gimmicky addition that people master in a half a day. Simply put it's less fun.

2) So far, when HM releases during the life cycle of vanilla or an expansion, that basically indicates that's all we have to play for the foreseeable future. Kinda a bummer to me. I know challenges and festival stuff/SRL is coming, but I can't help associating the HM release with tedium and inertia.

Personally, I wish they had let this raid breathe another week or two before HM, and I wish they had done challenge mode before HM.

I'm probably just in it to get the weapons - which are what? Pulse, HC, Sniper, HMG?

So until then what can we do to level up beyond 385? Are factions and vanguard/crucible upgrade dropping gear over 385 or should we just hold off on leveling those up before tuesday?

I've been between 384-386 for the last week or so. Honestly, I don't think it makes any difference, and is probably not worth the effort trying to brute force your way past 385. I've got a few drops here and there. Opening at 386, I got faction gear from 384-386, same with exotics though I got one 387 exotic. Got a few 387 drops playing IB at 385-6.

But honestly, I probably wouldn't spend any resources trying to force your way by at this point.

Number45

Do you have to go through the whole roi story before you get the quest? Because I can do that.
Yeah, do that and the strike - you get the key after the strike (think it's Sepiks that gives you it, rather than The Wretched Eye).

As has been said though, I got more in my normal strikes than in heroic. Probably at least partially due to the fact that you clear that much quicker on normal.

vin-buc

That feeling when you finally get a Ghost in IB, but you're wearing -10 your highest LL.

;_;

As much as it pains me to lose some of my new stuff - i've been diligent in infusing everything that is my go-to weapons/armor just so i don't forget to do that. If it's something that is new/looks ok but is lower light - i'll put it in the vault through the app and get back to it after i'm done with PVP or whatever.

LiK

WTF, Xur is selling Shock Hazard ornament for Zhalo. That's what I wanted! Might buy Silver just for it. UGH

I dunno, I heard that you don't get the blueprints from this. I got a hawkmoon and I cannot increase the level of it.

To be fair, I've been out for a few months and came back for the expansion.

Right, you can't infuse the gear that comes from legacy engrams at all. They are stuck at Year 1 cap of 160. But dismantling the fear is supposed to unlock the Year 2 blueprint at the exotic kiosk so that you can purchase the Year 2 version and then infuse that. Have you dismantled the weapon already and checked your exotic kiosk?

Edit: shouldn't need to actually dismantle the Year 1 item. So long as there's a corresponding Year 2 blueprint, discovery of the Year 1 item should be enough to buy the new item from the kiosk.

spyder_ur

God PVP in this game is so bad. It's rough going from overwatch to this.

You're playing IB, I assume? The first several games of Supremacy I played when RoI launches really enjoyed. However, after playing it through IB I've come to the decision that IMO it really is the worst of Destiny PvP. It shares all the bad things that I don't like about the game's PvP (there is a ton I do like). These include:

-Over-reliance on secondaries
-God-rolled shotguns being a near-necessity
-Super generation being way too high between kills, crests, orbs (I had a match yesterday where near the halfway point I died to supers 11 times in a row)
-Disastrous, inconsistent spawns
-Uncompetitive matches
-And of course lag

Hung Wei Lo

NM..I'm still asleep at work and am an idiot.

Anyone still need to do any PVE stuff still (NF, raid, etc) tonight? I didn't think I'd venture into IB but decided to get my feet wet

God PVP in this game is so bad. It's rough going from overwatch to this.

Completely agree. Overwatch is so tight, focused, refined and perfectly smooth... while Destiny Crucible is nothing of the sort.

That said PvP is fun in Destiny but nowhere even remotely as tuned and competitive as Overwatch. Not even close.

Lately i do prefer Destiny.

Right, you can't infuse the gear that comes from legacy engrams at all. They are stuck at Year 1 cap of 160. But dismantling the fear is supposed to unlock the Year 2 blueprint at the exotic kiosk so that you can purchase the Year 2 version and then infuse that. Have you dismantled the weapon already and checked your exotic kiosk?

Just being slightly pedantic :) - you don't need to dismantle the old gear, if you get an old hawkmoon as a drop then you should be able to get a "new" hawkmoon from the exotic printing machine straight away.

Dismantling the old one would of course give you a shard, which you could use to help get the new one...but it's not necessary. I *think* if you get an old one you DO have to use legendary marks to unlock the new one.

Bungie designed it that way at the start of TTK, as legendary marks were a new currency and people didn't have very many. They locked a lot of gear at "new" light levels behind that currency to stop people progressing too quickly.

Top Bottom