• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Destiny PvP definitely does have a lot of problems. I've always enjoyed it for what it is, but I really hope Destiny 2 fixes/changes a lot of the complaints we see and hear so often.

Today I point-blank blasted somebody with a fusion rifle and they took no damage. Multiple times.

I hit a guardian point-blank with my Rifled-AggBalls PC+1 and don't even clear his shield.

My MIDA doesn't register headshots. The way it feels is there is no 'stickiness' when dragging the sights across the target.

Pulse rifles bursts register 2 out of 3 shots. Usually the first and the third. It looks that way anyway.

Is this lag?

I am going crazy. I was doing pretty good in the Crucible back in June and July. Brought my monthly k/d up to 1.1 and 1.2. Which is really good for me. Since August I have struggled to even go positive.

Nothing has changed in my Internet setup but the Crucible feels like molasses now.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of sudden change?

GunnerZ

This is some real kindergarten shit people salty over being removed from some dude friends list. Absolutely hilarious. 😂

Apparently managing friend's lists is no longer in fashion now that we can have over 100 people. It's embarrassing that I even have to explain why I would prefer to recognize the players I have added on PSN, let alone justify why I have not added certain people back already.

I guess I'm the guy in the elevator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN0B07bicq8

Today I point-blank blasted somebody with a fusion rifle and they took no damage. Multiple times.

I hit a guardian point-blank with my Rifled-AggBalls PC+1 and don't even clear his shield.

My MIDA doesn't register headshots. The way it feels is there is no 'stickiness' when dragging the sights across the target.

Pulse rifles bursts register 2 out of 3 shots. Usually the first and the third. It looks that way anyway.

Is this lag?

I am going crazy. I was doing pretty good in the Crucible back in June and July. Brought my monthly k/d up to 1.1 and 1.2. Which is really good for me. Since August I have struggled to even go positive.

Nothing has changed in my Internet setup but the Crucible feels like molasses now.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of sudden change?

That's been my experience some games as well when one team has a bunch of shit connections. I just try not to sweat it and run around with my trespasser and have fun lol. It sucks though!

WipedOut

Anyone wanna run some casual trials?

Oh shit, no one on my friends list, I've been purged...

The-Purge-ad.png

LiK

Enjoying it alot.

When you spent a large amount of time with certain people playing through tough raids, PVP and other activities and also had a lot of personal conversations, then yea, it means something. I'm sure if x_o decided to just delete you because of some purge, you'd be wondering why as well.

Also, it was always fun playing with you.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Are there a warlock&hunter on who can help me with the exotic pulse rifle quest? I just need to plug in some numbers that's all :) SmileyFM on PSN

Foxxsoxx

Anyone up for some more competitive trials? I'd prefer playing with people that are on the better end of the PVP meta without being too intense about it.

Just message Fakehound, please just don't be bad, last time I had some guys say they were 'good' PVP players and consistently went with a .4 KDR. I silently cried and had to make up an excuse to leave because they were pretty garbo lol.

Personally, with a friends list of 2000, I don't see the reason to not add everyone and keep them. I can't count the times I've posted on Discord or GAF looking to do an activity and I'm already friends with the person. It saves a lot of time having to go in and add people everytime you want to do something.

That being said, if you want to have a smaller friends list of people you play with often, that's your choice. Just my two cents.

I also don't add people on LFG. I just join their party and then join their game from there.

Personally, with a friends list of 2000, I don't see the reason to not add everyone and keep them. I can't count the times I've posted on Discord or GAF looking to do an activity and I'm already friends with the person. It saves a lot of time having to go in and add people everytime you want to do something.

That being said, if you want to have a smaller friends list of people you play with often, that's your choice. Just my two cents.

I also don't add people on LFG. I just join their party and then join their game from there.

This. No real point in deletion.

When you spent a large amount of time with certain people playing through tough raids, PVP and other activities and also had a lot of personal conversations, then yea, it means something. I'm sure if x_o decided to just delete you because of some purge, you'd be wondering why as well.

Also, it was always fun playing with you.

If you took it personally in that way, then a PM would have been fine. I am not some Destiny celebrity who holds an exclusive elite club for subscribers only. I just don't want to see fucking Raid streams on my dashboard or get spammed by invites from people I don't recognize, and that number was pretty high because I haven't played much since the last time I did this.

Looking to run raid on Titan or hunter. Both classes above 380.

Please message me on psn if you need me.

Preferably looking for an experienced group.

Gamer_at_Heart

Edit: after 9pm MST

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Are there a warlock&hunter on who can help me with the exotic pulse rifle quest? I just need to plug in some numbers that's all :) SmileyFM on PSN

Quoting myself for new page, literally just need the numbers part

Foxxsoxx

Sorry to ask again, but just checking. Post 365 light....heroic strikes to gain light now?

Exotics, crucible rewards, nightfalls, faction pakages, raid, etc.

////

On a different note, as I had one of the last posts...

Any Trials teams? Would prefer more experienced PVPers.

PSN is Fakehound

I would personally prefer to be familiar with everyone on my list beyond one or two games. I really didn't expect this to be a big deal, and it has never been a thing over on Xbox because they have a follower system tied to the friends. I have a very small friend's list there compared to followers and I've almost never been asked about it.

If I log into PS4 and see raid streams from people I don't recognize when I am trying not to look at Raid content, I'd like to believe that I can filter that content in any way I deem necessary. It's something so trivial and at this point part of any social networking experience.

I understand how it might appear out of context but I don't have any beef with anybody here. Anyone who actually knows me would be used to spring cleaning at this point.

NastyBook

If you took it personally in that way, then a PM would have been fine. I am not some Destiny celebrity who holds an exclusive elite club for subscribers only. I just don't want to see fucking Raid streams on my dashboard or get spammed by invites from people I don't recognize, and that number was pretty high because I haven't played much since the last time I did this.
Again, my apologies. I was just busting your balls on discord. I wasn't really upset. I thought it was a running gag or something since that was my second time. :D Do what you need to do for your peace of mind, fella.
Todd broke then murdered Archon Forge.

May it rest in peace.
Archon's Forge: The S in SIVA stands for Shenanigans.

EL CUCO

Ok, I was dissapointed about not getting the IB Pulse Rifle on any of my characters, but the Scout Rifle is amazing. Got one with High Caliber and it's hitting like OG MIDA.

I would personally prefer to be familiar with everyone on my list beyond one or two games. I really didn't expect this to be a big deal, and it has never been a thing over on Xbox because they have a follower system tied to the friends. I have a very small friend's list there compared to followers and I've almost never been asked about it.

Yeah I feel ya. But I look at my friends list, and I can honestly remember the first time we've played together or why we added each other. At the very least I can recognize their GAF name.

Top Bottom