• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Looking for two for an Xbone WotM fresh run. Not doing monitors this time, more about practicing for the encounters. Gt is HippoAvenger, either message me or reply on GAF if you'd like in. Newbies welcome!

Just do AF, and the heroic strike playlist. I don't understand the point of making yourself hate the game with one particular strike grind.

I'm not even past the 350 barrier. Typically Sepik grind is a lot easier to manage than AF which you are not guaranteed to have people around.

The Parthian Shot has the fastest ttk? Thoughts on the vendor one?
chzla9R.png

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Running Iron Banner solo vs. running with even just two others is a difference like night and day. Solo I'm consistently at the bottom of the scoreboard, but in a team I consistently hang out at the top even if we lose.

Or maybe it was just luck. >w>

Become a warlock. Get this tattooed on your chest:

Buy a bond on etsy and wear it everywhere:

You could probably get some deer antlers or an ancient egyptian anubis mask to complete the look.

In all seriousness, I would go toward some of the more geometric symbols, logos, vs. anything more recognizable. This concept artist has some neat stuff.

https://www.artstation.com/artist/josephacross

More ideas:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHC-NTIBrsd/

Final suggestion - Knuckle tattoos - IRON LORD

Thanks man some good ideas! I like the ghost plus I love the jade rabbit.

WTF happened to the IB post game loot drops!? I've played two games now and not a single legendary for anyone. Only shit blue drops. Every other game has been mostly purples for everyone.

Bungie's playtesters clearly don't have any idea what they're doing.

You don't put the capture point and the heavy ammo in the most powerful position of the map where there are virtually no sightlines into.

You just don't.

This is amateur stuff that shouldn't make it out the door.

Literally the entire reason why this map doesn't play well is because the objectives are poorly distributed on the map. There's no alternative strategies because of this and it makes the map play one dimensionally.

Heavy can probably stay but the cap point needs to relocate for certain. That will change the dynamic of the match and force people to change their setups.

I'm really tired of seeing Bungie make this same mistake on their Trials maps.

Anyone want to team up for 1 game of Iron Banner? Literally need 1 win. All I'm getting is team mates that don't have a clue how to pick up the crests. On like a 9 match losing streak.

CollateralCat- if you want to join up.

LiK

Bungie's playtesters clearly don't have any idea what they're doing.

You don't put the capture point and the heavy ammo in the most powerful position of the map where there are virtually no sightlines into.

You just don't.

This is amateur stuff that shouldn't make it out the door.

Literally the entire reason why this map doesn't play well is because the objectives are poorly distributed on the map. There's no alternative strategies because of this and it makes the map play one dimensionally.

Heavy can probably stay but the cap point needs to relocate for certain. That will change the dynamic of the match and force people to change their setups.

I'm really tired of seeing Bungie make this same mistake on their Trials maps.

Why did you delete me. Thought we were bros.

LiK

already explained in discord and i don't have time to explain again. i don't even have time to explain that i already explained it in discord and that i don't have time to explain it again.

I don't use discord so I don't care. See ya.

The Parthian Shot has the fastest ttk? Thoughts on the vendor one?
chzla9R.png

Here's the thing. On paper parthian and spare change are both technically good but in execution they are not. They are too slow and unforgiving imo. You have to land every shot in a burst to kill in two bursts. With flinch and the way people move around that's not super easy. The result is lots of instances where you take 3 bursts to kill someone, and when this is the case you are better off with something that fires faster if you're going to need 3 bursts anyways. Spreadsheets are okay at times but field testing is way more reliable imo. Looking at stuff in a vacuum doesn't work well.

LiK

I'm not going to add you back if you are going to be an 8th grader about it. I don't want 9 pages in my roster of people I don't play with anymore and it's faster to reset it from scratch.

i joined you when you asked for someone to join you in AF. I also joined a PVP train with you in it. But hey, if that doesn't count, then whatevs. I dunno your rules.

It feels like their map designers have only played Call of Duty and can only make Call of Duty maps.

This is ironically designed more akin to their Halo maps. And in Halo they wouldn't have made such a rookie mistake.

99% of the matches on Floating Gardens play the same. You spawn and then you either rush to control B or you rush to contest it from the Bridge. The only time anyone sets up anywhere else is when there are players down. There are no sightlines into B and therefore no way to contest it outside of shotgun ranges. On the flip side of that, B has incredible sightlines to defend from any position if you approach it from the outside.

The entire map revolves around sitting near the capture point. First of all, it should never have been tested and selected for Trials, but the least they could do is reposition the capture point somewhere else so that players are forced to contest different areas of the map. 60% of it goes completely unused in Trials and that's not a good sign.

The map itself isn't a very interesting Trials map to begin with. It's forcing the player into linear chokepoints where the only deciding factors are Shotgun kills and Grenades. I personally find it numbingly dull whereas other maps such as Timekeeper have allowed for flanking manuevers

The sandbox team needs to teach their "no dominant choice" philosophy to the map design team. This map is deceptively bad because it has everything a good map should have in all the wrong places.

Finally got a Ghost upgrade after a ton of attempts. I had been pretty much capped out and limited until this happened. Path to 380+ is clear.

Top Bottom