• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

phen0m24

E freaking gads I'm tired

We endured through the learn-y bits and got postcyber his first clear, and OP quest.

Feelsgoodman

Really miss Drizz. I don't explain things as well as he did and dang if he wasn't infinitely more patient.

Trying to rotate empowered people, remember the cannons, people running out of ammo... when it finally comes together and everyone can exhale. Whew

And I'd be ecstatic if they got rid of green engrams in raids altogether. Why are they a thing??

Deku Tree

Got my third character to IB rank 5 from rank zero playing in the SEXY train last night. Started with 5 medallions so the first win was worth 2k rep. Good games. Thanks for the train.

I got some good loot from this IB.

phen0m24

Got my third character to IB rank 5 from rank zero playing in the SEXY train last night. Started with 5 medallions so the first win was worth 2k rep. Good games. Thanks for the train.

I got some good loot from this IB.

But it wasn't as fun as our "jumping doubles" shenanigans, I bet.... ;)

It's a map that requires a lot of verticality in a game that punishes you for playing vertical unless you're shotgunning, which has never made sense to me from a design perspective. All guns are shit in the air except the one that can one shot you? Ok.

Not so. Plenty of hand cannons are great in the air too. And if you get creative with Empyrean Bellicose or Angel of Light you can do lots of fun stuff, especially with fusions.

And it's best not to approach verticality as a way to outright kill people, but a way to prime them out of their sightline; nobody's running around with their sights trained straight up. Round corners at the top of your jump, land a grenade or a couple of shots before landing and getting into the engagement. Or bait then use backwards or sideways jumps as a way to win engagements with shotgun rushers, especially their slides.

Particularly on that map, you can get a lot of people by jumping over those round walls and on top of them, since people tend to run around them and think you're in the centre based on their radar. And opponents on the bridge tend to be concentrating on the entrances on either side or the areas below them, rather than above.

Ambitious

People like the Silvered Dread, right? I just got ine, but I'm not sure whether I should replace my same-element Ruin Wake with it or not.

Silvered Dread: Perfect Balance vs Oiled Frame, Speed Reload vs Snapshot, Hidden Hand vs Persistence
Ruin Wake: Spray and Play, High Caliber Rounds vs Hand-Laid Stock vs Reinforced Barrel, Persistence

Agent

I picked up The Wormwood sidearm from Future War Cult as I needed to spend some Legendary Marks. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it does. I don't have a god-rolled shotgun so I will be using this. It's great when someone using a shotgun is charging and you just pull that thing out quick and wreck them.

Anyone on Xbone want to help me take on WOTM for the first time?

Happy to help! What time are you looking to start?

Edit: also looking for help with the second SIVA engine puzzle for OP quest. Hunter here, would need Titan and Warlock. I'm also available to help with earlier steps too.

Does anyone want to run a passage in Trials? I need one more for the quest.

Alternatively, is anyone running the raid? I've never done it, but have a titan, warlock, and hunter all 364-365 ready to go.

Kensuke

I'm looking to do a quick and easy WotM raid. I'm 380+ myself and I'm bringing a 370+ light buddy. Who's in? (PS4, want to start in about half an hour).

1. Wretched_Walrus
2. Buddy

JRod2100

Neo Member
Happy to help! What time are you looking to start?

Edit: also looking for help with the second SIVA engine puzzle for OP quest. Hunter here, would need Titan and Warlock. I'm also available to help with earlier steps too.

Anytime this morning, I've got two, just hanging in the forge right now. What's your GT?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm looking to do a quick and easy WotM raid. I'm 380+ myself and I'm bringing a 370+ light buddy. Who's in? (PS4, want to start in about half an hour).

1. Wretched_Walrus
2. Buddy

I'd be up for it.

X-Frame

What do you get if you dismantle a raid weapon/armor? Do you get SIVA Key Fragments back? Or the same stuff as regular Legendaries?

Sheppard

1. Wretched_Walrus
2. Buddy
Got a hunter at 372. I have done the raid before. Psn:Branaghs

When you're the last guardian alive in trials round.

tvCfGyT.gif

I'll put up a train in about an hour.

Lol pulling 1v3s is satisfying though, set up long sightlines if you know there are shotgun warriors on the other team, manage the revive snipes well and play off of their mistakes like pushing one at a time and voilla:

https://youtu.be/8MwX6KqyZEQ

From yesterday. Last word phantom bullets were close to fucking me over on the last kill.

Starting to get the hang of supremacy, love that people can't rely on sniping to win matches.

Also discovered that Shaxx can actually call a match early if one team is literally dominating the other. My team went 96 to 28 and Shaxx started to say something like:

"Okay that's it, I can't take it any more, I'M CALLING THE MATCH!"

a few seconds later

"I know domination when I see it!"

I'd imagine this is rare, but was hilarious nonetheless.

Also one more thing, does that IB scout rifle exist or is it something you actually get from doing the quest? Game gave me a sniper rifle and a pulse rifle but they were ick. Did see someone get the ship after like 60 matches (and go figure it went to the guy who did the absolute worst)

Jabronium

Also one more thing, does that IB scout rifle exist or is it something you actually get from doing the quest? Game gave me a sniper rifle and a pulse rifle but they were ick. Did see someone get the ship after like 60 matches (and go figure it went to the guy who did the absolute worst)

Since it's not available for purchase yet, the scout only drops from bounties and quests. Sad I didn't get one.

JJShadow

If anyone needs a (really bad) sherpa for the raid, or just need to fill a spot, count me in guys, I'll be able to give a hand to anyone who needs it this afternoon (around 18:30-19 BST)

Would you be willing to take 3 newcomers? Hunter, Warlock, Titan (374, 375, 371).

Are you guys going completely blind, or have you seen any videoguide about the mechanics? I'd be willing to give you a hand this afternoon. I don't know if I'll have enough time to guide you till the final boss (and my sherpa skills are not that good :p) but if you're okay with that, let me know

Top Bottom