• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I can confirm. Got Ghost before I even turned in my bounties. I was still Rank 1.

I got a Ghost in literally my first match on my first character. So reddit is definitely wrong on that one. (and then I got two more Ghosts before I'd turned Rank 5, too)

This shot though

jQeH94k.gif

Hit rank 5 on my hunter, was rewarded with my second, slightly better sniper rifle. MAkes my haul so far PR, 2x AR, 2x Sniper, and misn armor (chests, arms, boots, and several hunter items) and two artifacts.

All in all, sitting at 364. IF not for my heavy and ghost i'd be raid worthy.

LiK

IB keeps giving me Gauntlets amd Relics. Got a second Ghost. For some reason, Factions keep giving me legs. I really want a higher LL helm.

Ramirez

Man I'm surprised how much I'm disliking Floating Gardens as a Trials map. I think it's how strict the choke points and sight lines are as you converge to the middle?

Like I hate all the doors in Last Exit but that map still has a certain flow that sort of kind of worked for Trials?

It's a map that requires a lot of verticality in a game that punishes you for playing vertical unless you're shotgunning, which has never made sense to me from a design perspective. All guns are shit in the air except the one that can one shot you? Ok.

I still can't get over the knife and trip nerfs when skip grenade exists in its current form. The game is such a joke in so many aspects.

At this point I'd rather ToO just be rotating maps, because 90% of these maps are not strong enough to be the only one you play on.

It's a map that requires a lot of verticality in a game that punishes you for playing vertical unless you're shotgunning, which has never made sense to me from a design perspective. All guns are shit in the air except the one that can one shot you? Ok.

I still can't get over the knife and trip nerfs when skip grenade exists in its current form. The game is such a joke in so many aspects.

At this point I'd rather ToO just be rotating maps, because 90% of these maps are not strong enough to be the only one you play on.

Never mind the exotic that makes the best grenade in the game even better.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Every single thing I have is 672 or higher

my heavy is 668

Every faction weapon package gives me primary&secondary

arghhhh

Any first-timer, 364 light friendly WotM raids starting soon on PS4? I'd like to go for the monitors and all the extra bits and pieces if it's feasible.

Well, I think I'm done. Reached rank 5 with Iron Banana, got my three characters up to 365-ish, only thing I have left to do is the Raid but with work and other obligations I don't have the drive to get 5 more people together, especially on Xbone.

What's the most efficient way to farm for Glimmer in RoI? It used to be Exclusion Zone but looks like they patched out the yellow barred Cabal that jump off of the drop ship.

Dalek

"But Not Forgotten" with Perfect Balance/Hammer Forged, QuickDraw/Snapshot, Hidden Hand/Triple Tap

This is a good roll, right?

Nuszka

Braced Frame, High Caliber Rounds, and Counterbalance is the godroll everyone is praying to RNGesus for.

Think braced frame drops the mag size to much, HCR don't add enough flinch on the receiving end to be that meaningful (info from crucible playbook, tested and confirmed) counterbalance is not a necessity for that weapon as the spread of bullets is different to grasp a bit more vertical. Think more people need to get that weapon with different perks to see what works. I personally have one with perfect balance, quick scope and hidden hand and have to say the last perk creates an auto aim headshot magnet even on scout distance.
Still a god roll grasp is better then dragon.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What an exhausting night I had, finally woke up

Sorry about bailing but real life got too real!

"But Not Forgotten" with Perfect Balance/Hammer Forged, QuickDraw/Snapshot, Hidden Hand/Triple Tap

This is a good roll, right?

Yes. Pretty sure it can super-snipe too with the right barrel mods— I am a shitty sniper so haven't personally confirmed (going to take it into supremacy to try though).

Snapshot stacks with QuickDraw from blade dancer/Ophidian Aspects; otherwise QuickDraw is better.

HCR don't add enough flinch on the receiving end to be that meaningful (info from crucible playbook, tested and confirmed)

It is very effective in PvE in the absence of the berserk modifier; I think it would be worth retesting now that we have private mataches-- I certainly find the flinch I receive much greater from some guns than others, and I seem to stay alive more in 1v1s when I have HCR, but it could be all in my head.

Zakalwe

Banned
For anyone missing the Clever Dragon, the FWC Pulse has the exact same base stats and pretty decent perks.

This is probably common knowledge now, but for anyone who didn't know get it. It absolutely shreds in PvP.

For anyone missing the Clever Dragon, the FWC Pulse has the exact same base stats and pretty decent perks.

This is probably common knowledge now, but for anyone who didn't know get it. It absolutely shreds in PvP.

I dont play with pulse, got The Clever Drago to drop twice after each other, it was a sign that I should try it.

First one with decent perks
Perfect balance
High caliber rounds
glass half full

2nd one
a stability and range perk dont remember the name
High cal rounds
Counter balance.

went into a PVP match and fired it, wow its crazy good.

Zakalwe

Banned
I dont play with pulse, got The Clever Drago to drop twice after each other, it was a sign that I should try it.

First one with decent perks
Perfect balance
High caliber rounds
glass half full

2nd one
a stability and range perk dont remember the name
High cal rounds
Counter balance.

went into a PVP match and fired it, wow its crazy good.

I think there are slight differences between the two, but they're close enough.

The perks almost don't matter, the base stats and feel are just incredible.

The higher rate of fire is the key here. Other PRs have higher theoretical TTK /if/ you land the head shots. In actual encounters (compensating for movement, lag, flinch, etc...), you're going to be killing in 3+ rather than 2 much more often.

I was never a fan of PRs before. The Prime converted me as it's such a nice feeling/sounding gun to fire, but this archetype sold me for good. It's my go to now along with TLW.

Everyone needs to try this gun in PvP. I have a feeling it might get "balanced" in future.

I just hit 384 last night and have a 385 Ghost and Arrifact. So I'm glad those tough ones are at the "Max".

However I keep seeing people say to stay at 383 to keep LL high on drops. Is this true?

I was 384 when I opened my rank 5 IB package and got a 387 primary. So I'm not sure if that is exactly true? Help!

I just hit 384 last night and have a 385 Ghost and Arrifact. So I'm glad those tough ones are at the "Max".

However I keep seeing people say to stay at 383 to keep LL high on drops. Is this true?

I was 384 when I opened my rank 5 IB package and got a 387 primary. So I'm not sure if that is exactly true? Help!

384 is good, but 385 is where you start to get stuff down at 384 again.

demonkaze

Me, my brother and a friend are looking to do the raid for the first time today. We're a Warlock (374), Titan (374) and a Hunter (371), all with mics. We'd also be up for doing the monitors too if people are interested. We're GMT time, any time is good for us.

Top Bottom