• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Does the monitor quest have a time limit to complete it? or in other words, does the quest reset on Tuesday like raid progress?

demonkaze

I'm fine with that ^w^
I'll ask the others first just to be sure though >w>
EDIT; they cool, we got a team ~ See you at 7PM UK time

( my PSN: TiemenMeijer )

Ok, cool, thanks for that :) We'll all watch a video guide before hand to get a rough idea. Do we need to know about monitors as well if you're going for that, we can watch a video of that too if need be. I'll get the other guys to add you to PSN too.

FINALLY.

screen-shot-2016-10-08-at-10.png

Level 5 IB on all 3. Very last drop from the quest. Overall, despite hating this gametype, I think this was the most positive IB I've had since this games inception.

I've gotten every weapon except the RL.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, cool, thanks for that :) We'll all watch a video guide before hand to get a rough idea. Do we need to know about monitors as well if you're going for that, we can watch a video of that too if need be. I'll get the other guys to add you to PSN too.
We already got the monitors so it's up to you if you want to do that or not. We'll be able to guide you through it. ~

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
FINALLY.

Level 5 IB on all 3. Very last drop from the quest. Overall, despite hating this gametype, I think this was the most positive IB I've had since this games inception.

I've gotten every weapon except the RL.

Beautiful, mine rolled perfect balance/oiled frame, lightweight/feather mag, rangefinder/feeding frenzy. Still seems to be solid with useless perks though

Any xbox crucible gods looking to do some Trials? Can't seem to get past 5 wins on this dang map

Some dude offered to help for $35 loll. People charge for Sherpa status, apparently? Guess I shouldn't be surprised

Silvard

Starting to get the hang of supremacy, love that people can't rely on sniping to win matches.

Also discovered that Shaxx can actually call a match early if one team is literally dominating the other. My team went 96 to 28 and Shaxx started to say something like:

"Okay that's it, I can't take it any more, I'M CALLING THE MATCH!"

a few seconds later

"I know domination when I see it!"

I'd imagine this is rare, but was hilarious nonetheless.

Also one more thing, does that IB scout rifle exist or is it something you actually get from doing the quest? Game gave me a sniper rifle and a pulse rifle but they were ick. Did see someone get the ship after like 60 matches (and go figure it went to the guy who did the absolute worst)

You can only get the IB scout (or any weapon other than the auto and shotgun) from IB bounties or the rank 5 quest reward.

Ramirez

Not so. Plenty of hand cannons are great in the air too. And if you get creative with Empyrean Bellicose or Angel of Light you can do lots of fun stuff, especially with fusions.

And it's best not to approach verticality as a way to outright kill people, but a way to prime them out of their sightline; nobody's running around with their sights trained straight up. Round corners at the top of your jump, land a grenade or a couple of shots before landing and getting into the engagement. Or bait then use backwards or sideways jumps as a way to win engagements with shotgun rushers, especially their slides.

Particularly on that map, you can get a lot of people by jumping over those round walls and on top of them, since people tend to run around them and think you're in the centre based on their radar. And opponents on the bridge tend to be concentrating on the entrances on either side or the areas below them, rather than above.

Bro, AoL and Empyrean? I'd be dead before I got one shot off, cmon, lol.

Deku Tree

I still don't understand why people get excited about a medium impact scout rifle with a 13-15 round mag (the size usually reserved for a high impact scout).

What's the most efficient way to farm for Glimmer in RoI? I used to hop into Exclusion Zone and grind some Cabal majors but looks like they patched them out of the mission. :/

Deku Tree

What's the most efficient way to farm for Glimmer in RoI? I used to hop into Exclusion Zone and grind some Cabal majors but looks like they patched them out of the mission. :/

Play the game and equip the approprate glimmer ghost or glimmer consumable for what enemy types you are fighting.

X-Frame

So is anyone else starting to save Legendary and Exotic engrams again for when HM launches? Being able to instantly decrypt up to 400 (or maybe 385 for Legendaries now) would be worth it to hoard for 2 weeks.

eggydoo

Beautiful, mine rolled perfect balance/oiled frame, lightweight/feather mag, rangefinder/feeding frenzy. Still seems to be solid with useless perks though

Yeah I noticed this gun seems easier to use than grasp. I could never get the hang of that gun but I am having good luck with the Dragon.

So is anyone else starting to save Legendary and Exotic engrams again for when HM launches? Being able to instantly decrypt up to 400 (or maybe 385 for Legendaries now) would be worth it to hoard for 2 weeks.

Yeah I haven't decoded a single exotic engram since RoI launched, have amassed around 20 so far. Been hoarding sublime's as well as I can, probably not gonna play much the next week anyways so it works out. Still made it to 384 on all 3 chars thanks to IB and faction packages from IB leveling.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I noticed this gun seems easier to use than grasp. I could never get the hang of that gun but I am having good luck with the Dragon.

Never had a grasp actually, I had been using Nirwins from the first Iron Banner still which apparently went out of fusion ages ago. Just got a really lucky drop with my very last IB bounty 387 with hand laid stock, lightweight and headseeker. Probably hang onto this for awhile now.

Anyone want to do some casual trials by the way?

Deku Tree

So I'm basically locked out of ever getting the Khvostov Field Manual, pg. 90 grimoire since it didn't drop for me, and the Khovosov quest is one time account based it's not character based.

To get this grimoire you have to keep killing fallen even after that step of the quest is completed and wait until the final piece drops.

GG Bungie

molnizzle

So I'm basically locked out of ever getting the Khvostov Field Manual, pg. 90 grimoire since it didn't drop for me, and the Khovosov quest is one time account based it's not character based.

To get this grimoire you have to keep killing fallen even after that step of the quest is completed and wait until the final piece drops.

GG Bungie

A6w7IZB.png

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
What do I do next after reaching 365 light? Do I just keep running strikes till I reach 370, or am I good to go for the raid?

You're good-ish. 365 is fine for the start but tricky at the end. Strikes won't level you up now unfortunately but grinding Iron Banner should help out a lot while it's on

GG Bungie

Who came up with that stupid idea. .

Mindlog

I started saving, but I ran out of space. The only way to make more was to dismantle my SRL racing uniforms. Not gonna happen.

Then I realized it's unlikely legendary engrams go higher than 385. I'm betting 380.

Reddit is on the case with our current caps. Should be useful.
Spreadsheet inspecting the soft 387 cap. Post your LL when getting the rewards, the source and LL of the reward so we can understand if it is better to be 383 or higher (despite hard mode coming really soon).

1. You want to be your highest LL for Nightfall rewards because it can drop all the way to 389 (right now the maximum as seen from the 388 guys inventory and some comments). Possibly there is no cap at all for NF.
2. Exotic (as any other activity reward cap) engrams are 387 max so save them (and materials for factions).
3. It's too early to speak about tendencies for drops but confirmation bias 383 feels really good.

Needs investigation
1. What was the possible maximum reward (by LL) to get before RoI? Was it possible to get +7 LL from any activity with a smart loot enabled?
2. What is the lighthouse cap?
I don't like changing ghosts so for this expansion a Fallen/Spinmetal is my go-to for PvE. Doing the raid and plagueland quests will consistently max your glimmer and spinmetal. I have something near 3200 spinmetal right now. If you have the Dread Explorer Dead Orbit ghost from the campaign it's perfect for this expansion.

Top Bottom