• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Bradach

Some people buy from kiosk, level up exotic, dismantle, now you have 2 instead of 1.

yes, this works well. pop a telemetry, burn 5-6 motes and all bubbles are unlocked and dismantle for 2 shards. I did this recently, i'll do it everytime i notice i have 25k glimmer from now on.

I'm at 350 light. Last night my boy and a random tried to run SIVA crisis Bond Bros strike. The solar damage modifier was on.

We got rocked. The tank was tough, but the Bond Bros fight itself was just embarrassing. Couldn't get to the second phase when the missile launching brother comes out.

My question: is this a get good situation, or am I missing something gear/LL wise? I feel like I'm in a limbo between running patrols and hoping something good gets decrypted or bashing my head against strikes that feel like they are a hair's breadth away from disaster at every moment.
For the rocket bro there is a good cheese spot ,near the boss entrance in corner see an elevated rock platform .as long as you are there on that rock ,neither of the dude bros can touch you.

Nighte

Hmmm, where can you now buy planetary materials from?
I can`t seem to find a vendor to trade in my marks at...?

Rehsa

Not sure, always used the Grasp or TLW.
Super LTTP but I got that PDX as well and I now use it over my exact Hawksaw PDX roll from way back. The only thing I would have liked on it is the SPO 28 sight from the other PDX for improved target acquisition. It's pretty damn good though and I'm not great at PvP

LiK

great, Xur is selling two ornaments i got as drops recently. guess i'll know what he sells from the drops i get.

X-Frame

great, Xur is selling two ornaments i got as drops recently. guess i'll know what he sells from the drops i get.

Buying Ornaments from Xur is an absolute absurd ripoff.

I never ever will be buying one unless I find myself over many months with an excess of Silver Dust, but since you get 1 for every package (and you get 1 a week) that will take forever.

oSoLucky

most likely at night. after 6PM EST. i watched a video guide and none of it seems too bad. just hope i get better gear along the way so i can survive the hits. :p

Could I join please? What time are you guys thinking? Still haven't beaten the last phase of aksis. Got a 374 warlock.

My psn is Talos_AI

I'm down to join as well!

I'm down to help you with a clear if you need me I cleared it with you a couple of days ago with my Warlock. I could bring my Hunter at 373.

6pm EST works well for me if that's the time LiK is available.

Okay guys sounds like we'd have a squad then. Thanks Ty, that would be great to have another experienced one with me.

One thing to note, I don't want to set anything in stone just yet as I need to see what kind of mood my wife is in this evening when she gets home(at about our projected start time). There's a chance I'll be doing stuff with her if she wants.

If it doesn't happen tonight, I absolutely will be running at some point on Saturday, probably in the afternoon.

LiK

Buying Ornaments from Xur is an absolute absurd ripoff.

I never ever will be buying one unless I find myself over many months with an excess of Silver Dust, but since you get 1 for every package (and you get 1 a week) that will take forever.

i wish he sold Sterling Chests. i just want Desolate Legs to complete the set.

Okay guys sounds like we'd have a squad then. Thanks Ty, that would be great to have another experienced one with me.

One thing to note, I don't want to set anything in stone just yet as I need to see what kind of mood my wife is in this evening when she gets home(at about our projected start time). There's a chance I'll be doing stuff with her if she wants.

If it doesn't happen tonight, I absolutely will be running at some point on Saturday, probably in the afternoon.

yea, no pressure. i'm grateful anyone will take me at my current LL. i just wanna start and see how well i do. i'll just grind AF and try the NF if the raid is off. got plenty of time.

I dont know. Maybe i am super unlucky. Maybe my game is glitched and ghosts dont drop from packages anymore after 365. Or Maybe not since Bungie made conscious decisions to keep ghosts and artifacts locked at the end of the raid. Final straw with a legendary 371 boot drop from the crucible weekly bounty. 1 full LL above my overall LL.

Just wanna add my experience to this:

I dont know exactly how many rank ups i had but i know how many materials i had before RoI dropped and how many i have now so just to give you an idea:

15k weapon parts => now 2.2k
6k motes=> now 3.5k
6k armor mats=> now 2.1k
2.3k heavy ammo=>went to 0, bought 1800 more, now at 1.2k
1.6k strange coins=>that heavy ammo brought it down to 800

All of this used solely to level up faction and get rank up packages. You know how many ghosts have dropped for me so far from that? 3. Three. One at 341, one at 362 and one at 367. Now i dont care about this now that the raid is easily doable and i got a 383 ghost from there yesterday but the drop rate is ridiculous, have no doubt about that. I mean, that was probably over 60 rank ups for 3 ghosts? I have no idea.

I dont know exactly how many rank ups i had but i know how many materials i had before RoI dropped and how many i have now so just to give you an idea:

6k motes=> now 3.5k
6k armor mats=> now 2.1k

All of this used solely to level up faction and get rank up packages. You know how many ghosts have dropped for me so far from that? 3. Three. One at 341, one at 362 and one at 367. Now i dont care about this now that the raid is easily doable and i got a 383 ghost from there yesterday but the drop rate is ridiculous, have no doubt about that. I mean, that was probably over 60 rank ups for 3 ghosts? I have no idea.

Holy fuck balls... exactly how many hours do you play a day? lol

Kyne

6k motes=> now 3.5k
6k armor mats=> now 2.1k

RNG at its best.

Ranked up 3 times yesterday w/ Dead Orbit. Got x2 ghosts.

Not that much at all compared to some folks around here. Im at i think 1700 hours? Some people here have 3-4k+. I only had that much resources because i exclusively only played trials for the majority of year 2 with only one character, meaning i got tons of motes, mats, glimmer to splurge on weapon parts, rank ups (crucible rank is 278, each rank gives 4 motes etc), meaning i got a lot of shit withot trying and didnt spend anything because only one char and only worried about pvp gear really.

oSoLucky

Well, if you've never taken months/year long breaks like most players have then it's quite easy to build up that many mats. About a month or two into a new patch, there's little to spend on besides trying for perfect rolls/Tier 12, etc.

Dez_

I think I am done with Destiny. Last night, after ranking up Crucible, Vanguard, Faction and finishing the weekly Crucible quest for 'nightfall tier' awards my overall light level did not increase at all. And I dont mean increase in light level, I mean the bar b/w 370-371 did not move an inch.

How is that possible? Well, since i turned 365 I havent had any artifacts or ghosts drop. I even leveled up Eris Morn last week and she gave me a class item instead. Crucible has yet to drop any weapons or armor pieces for me in two weeks and around 30 games. It has dropped 5 titans marks which are always below or the same as what i already have since everything drops class items in this expansion. Oh and last night it dropped a ship for me! Bungie you know exactly what i want!!

We stopped at the Raid's final boss the other day which screwed me because apparently the boss drops a guaranteed ghost or artifact. Quiet a weird decision considering its pretty much the last encounter in a 370 raid.

I cant help but feel that this is all a very conscious decision on their part. First they turned down the smart loot system of 1-6 light levels higher than your overall LL to 1-3. Then they removed a guaranteed way of getting artifacts. Now you can only get it by ranking up Eris Morn which means running 20 Antiquated runes and her weekly bounties. Even then she gave me a class item so its not guaranteed. Ghost dropped from the first or second chest in Kings Fall, now it drops in the second to last chest.

Legendaries cap at 365, CoE caps at 365, even though the minimum LL for the Raid is 370. Though its very doable at 365. They basically dont want to see you level up too fast. They dont want to reward you for playing the game. I get it. I should play the game if I'm having fun and forget about leveling up, but this is a game about leveling up. That's a huge part of its appeal. It's frustrating just sitting there opening packages and seeing shit drop every single day.

Raid is fucking amazing and the loot drops are much better so I will be sticking with just the raid every week. If Bungie wants to keep me playing by going back to its year 1 roots and wasting my fucking time then I wont give them the satisfaction. The funny thing is that I was addicted to the game when I was leveling up to 335 after the April update, and kept playing the game despite hitting 335 for over a month until ROI came out. So their fear that people will leave the game after hitting max level is completely unfounded.

I dont know. Maybe i am super unlucky. Maybe my game is glitched and ghosts dont drop from packages anymore after 365. Or Maybe not since Bungie made conscious decisions to keep ghosts and artifacts locked at the end of the raid. Final straw with a legendary 371 boot drop from the crucible weekly bounty. 1 full LL above my overall LL.

I get the frustration. The progress is bottlenecked at this point, especially with ghosts and artifacts pretty much never dropping. The thing is, like you, I didn't stop playing during the April update when I achieved max light level. I kept playing and focused on different loadouts, gear and classes to experiment. It kept the replay value high for me. Right now, I've been so focused on getting that one extra LL point to feel like I am not a liability at end game activities that it feels... hell, I know that I am sucking the fun out of why I play this game in the first place. This kind of came to a head last night when I was so focused on finishing the weekly crucible bounty for control. I needed two more advantage kills, and I kept getting placed in these incredibly lopsided matches and put in with unhelpful teammates, that it made getting those last kills impossible. This is from someone who likes playing crucible on a regular basis.

There's nothing wrong with a break. I think I might do the same, or not play as much. I realize that I spent so many hours last week playing this game, that I have come close to hitting burnout. I took time off from work to play this game and raid, which I couldn't even do because of the LL progression kept me from reaching the optimal level in time. That bottlenecking process really annoyed me, even though I am glad to have found a group to raid with blind. It's been quite an amazing experience so far. I just wanted to get to a point where I can particpate in the raid activities here and not feel like I am deadweight.

Although, there is one thing I can say: you really are unlucky when it comes to drops :p

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

6k motes=> now 3.5k
6k armor mats=> now 2.1k

They dropped somewhat regularly for me from 335 to 365. Though i did farm Omnigul to go from 362-365 and she dropped my last ghost at 364. I guess I didnt realize everyone was seeing the same drop rate.

I still dont like how the ghost drops only on the second to last chest. it should be the first or second chest in the raid like it was in King's Fall.

I was going to buy 600 Heavy Ammo synths today to rank up five times but i think i will go and waste an hour in Court of Oryx to rank up Eris morn and come back after i have gotten the ghost from the raid. Hopefully Eris doesnt give me a class item again.

I have no fucking clue why the Archon Forge doesnt drop artifacts. That should be its only purpose just like how CoO was there to get the 310, 320 and 335 artifacts in year 2.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I'm ShadowKayos on PSN. I may or may not be a joy to play with. Not sure what DestinyGAF thought of me when I was playing last year... lol...

Not that much at all compared to some folks around here. Im at i think 1700 hours? Some people here have 3-4k+. I only had that much resources because i exclusively only played trials for the majority of year 2 with only one character, meaning i got tons of motes, mats, glimmer to splurge on weapon parts, rank ups (crucible rank is 278, each rank gives 4 motes etc), meaning i got a lot of shit withot trying and didnt spend anything because only one char and only worried about pvp gear really.

Ah ok yeah that makes sense. And i assume you were a constant player since day one.

Well, if you've never taken months/year long breaks like most players have then it's quite easy to build up that many mats. About a month or two into a new patch, there's little to spend on besides trying for perfect rolls/Tier 12, etc.

Yup i didnt even think of this. I just equate my experience with Destiny to everyone elses and figure nobody sticks with it consistently in between expansions. You're right that if i stuck with it id probably have fun out of shit to buy and would have a LOT of coins and mats etc.

oSoLucky

Are there any around now that want to do a quick raid run? I'd prefer someone at least experienced with the last fight and able to be vocal for this particular one. I'm looking to get done as quick and painless as possible right now. Probably looking for one or two. I have a friend who's kept track and spent over 9 hours staring at the final boss room that I want to get the kill for.

If I can get this done, then we'll make the other first time a pure GAF run and hopefully down it all.

All right peeps, who wants to do the raid, and get the exotic pulse quest started?

My man! Want to run?

I'm at 350 light. Last night my boy and a random tried to run SIVA crisis Bond Bros strike. The solar damage modifier was on.

We got rocked. The tank was tough, but the Bond Bros fight itself was just embarrassing. Couldn't get to the second phase when the missile launching brother comes out.

My question: is this a get good situation, or am I missing something gear/LL wise? I feel like I'm in a limbo between running patrols and hoping something good gets decrypted or bashing my head against strikes that feel like they are a hair's breadth away from disaster at every moment.

That is a particularly tough strike, imo. You need to have rockets and supers ready to take out adds ASAP when they appear. Invisibility is also good for getting out of trouble and getting revives.

They dropped somewhat regularly for me from 335 to 365. Though i did farm Omnigul to go from 362-365 and she dropped my last ghost at 364. I guess I didnt realize everyone was seeing the same drop rate.

I still dont like how the ghost drops only on the second to last chest. it should be the first or second chest in the raid like it was in King's Fall.

I was going to buy 600 Heavy Ammo synths today to rank up five times but i think i will go and waste an hour in Court of Oryx to rank up Eris morn and come back after i have gotten the ghost from the raid. Hopefully Eris doesnt give me a class item again.

I have no fucking clue why the Archon Forge doesnt drop artifacts. That should be its only purpose just like how CoO was there to get the 310, 320 and 335 artifacts in year 2.

Also, my experience with Eris:

3 rank ups

3 class items

So yeah. Only finally got an artifact from the raid this week.

Ah ok yeah that makes sense. And i assume you were a constant player since day one.

I bought it day one but stopped playing soon after for various reasons, only really got involved into it halfway through HoW because of the awesome community here. Played a lot in year 2 because of trials of osiris like i said.

I have 3 others I think, at least 2. So we need 1 or 2 more depending.

Okay. I might not be able to do the entire quest, but I at least want to finish the raid and get it started. All of my classes are raid ready, so just let me know which class you prefer me using.

EL CUCO

OP is definitely not OP.

Fun weapon to use if you want to add some variety into your Destiny, but I think it'll mostly be in my vault tho.

OP is definitely not OP.

Fun weapon to use if you want to add some variety into your Destiny, but I think it'll mostly be in my vault tho.

I keep hearing this. Sorta bummed about it. Destiny needs another pre-nerf Mythoclast.

God, i had that day 2 or 3 and i remember just melting everything and everyone i came across and it was GLORIOUS! lol

ROI Raid - Saturday 10 AM EST
We will be doing the monitors in this run for the exotic

Pandora012
Weteha
Light Night
kadab
Tex117
TheCanisDirus

Edit: Full

As a precaution, since I'm not sure what causes the monitors to reset, we won't be going to orbit. That means you Light Night, make sure you can hold items.

kadab

ROI Raid - Saturday 12pm EST

Pandora012
Weteha
Light Night

As a precaution, since I'm not sure what causes the monitors to reset, we won't be going to orbit. That means you Light Night, make sure you can hold items.
I can join. Psn kadab

Lima

I'm so fucking pumped for Trials you have no idea. Shit is going to be lit. We are going to hit it hard. If you need flawless on Xbox One reserve your ticket today cause we gonna be booked fam.

Raven117

ROI Raid - Saturday 10 AM EST

Pandora012
Weteha
Light Night

Would you mind taking a 364 guardian with you? PSN - Tex117 (It will be my first run though....can I still get the exotic?)

X-Frame

OP is definitely not OP.

OP is apparently a Fallen boss melter with its perks.

Raid boss spoilers:

Great for Vosik but apparently Aksis is not considered Fallen so it doesn't do as much damage to him.

Axoman

I'm so fucking pumped for Trials you have no idea. Shit is going to be lit. We are going to hit it hard. If you need flawless on Xbox One reserve your ticket today cause we gonna be booked fam.

I'd like a ticket on that train Ned :)

Top Bottom