• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

I'm so fucking pumped for Trials you have no idea. Shit is going to be lit. We are going to hit it hard. If you need flawless on Xbox One reserve your ticket today cause we gonna be booked fam.
What's your schedule looking like? I might want to jump on this train!

ROI Raid - Saturday 10 AM EST
We will be doing the monitors in this run for the exotic

Pandora012
Weteha
Light Night

As a precaution, since I'm not sure what causes the monitors to reset, we won't be going to orbit. That means you Light Night, make sure you can hold items.

Count me in. Can be a 365-370 of any class (well or abouts... one more night of grinding alts lol)

PSN: TheCanisDirus

Ran it wed. did all the monitors/code/fragments and stuck on the final phase of the final boss for 3hrs and we all gave up.

What's the groups experience like?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I want to try out trials for awhile this time but I know I'll stress out about letting everyone down the whole time. Anyone got any advice for joining in?

EL CUCO

I keep hearing this. Sorta bummed about it. Destiny needs another pre-nerf Mythoclast.

God, i had that day 2 or 3 and i remember just melting everything and everyone i came across and it was GLORIOUS! lol
Atheon fell off many ledges for us to experience this power.
OP is apparently a Fallen boss melter with its perks.

Raid boss spoilers:

Great for Vosik but apparently Aksis is not considered Fallen so it doesn't do as much damage to him.
I heard someone say this, but I cant see how it would output more dps than if you had SS or Ghorn.

I'd love to see it get tested. Big shocker if true.

Kyne

I want to try out trials for awhile this time but I know I'll stress out about letting everyone down the whole time. Anyone got any advice for joining in?

get with 2 other people who also feel like they'll let everyone down. This way no one will be pressured and you can just have fun/get a handle on it.

I'm so fucking pumped for Trials you have no idea. Shit is going to be lit. We are going to hit it hard. If you need flawless on Xbox One reserve your ticket today cause we gonna be booked fam.

Never been Flawless. 7 wins max so far. Depending on your timezone I would love to reserve a spot.

JayHayabusa

Pandora012
Weteha
Light Night

As a precaution, since I'm not sure what causes the monitors to reset, we won't be going to orbit. That means you Light Night, make sure you can hold items.

Count me in. jayforone

366 of any class. Did the raid with monitors but didn't clear final boss.

E92 M3

That will be absurdly stable

Inspired by the PS4 ;)

Super LTTP but I got that PDX as well and I now use it over my exact Hawksaw PDX roll from way back. The only thing I would have liked on it is the SPO 28 sight from the other PDX for improved target acquisition. It's pretty damn good though and I'm not great at PvP

Encouraging. I'll give it a whirl in supremacy today. Love my Malok a lot, so the standard is high.

Deku Tree

Bungie doesn't make OP weapons anymore. They want you to have a lot of viable options in the sandbox. Anyone who was expecting OP to be OP is not paying attention to Bungies stated design goals.
And they never experienced the horror that was the Nechrochasm.

I'm going to throw out my perspective from someone who couldn't beat it.

Three things that I constantly screwed up, especially toward the end when I was getting burned out:

I was the assigned captain killer on the right using a sword...

1. If I was empowered and going to kill the captain I would have an unjust sense of being shielded due to the empowerment haze and rush in and get killed. I knew that I wasn't buffed by the empowerment, but it got hard to not FEEL like I was stronger.

2. Going from the right to kill a servitor on the left I would fall in the hole by the stairs in the lower area. I would panic to make it over fast enough and either try to one jump the whole lower section or just not boost enough to get up when I reached the left.

3. We were advised to try and drop off the cannons to the middle for the DPS phase, and if I was empowered I would forget to prioritize getting into position for the slam and instead try to drop off my cannon. Once again, I knew this was the wrong priority, but damned if I didn't keep doing it.

Obviously there were other things that went wrong, but those were my contributions to not completing the encounter.

1. The captains are rotten bastards. Grenades can stagger them so usually will chuck some at him before I rush in. As a Warlock I Stormcall his ass. As a Titan I sunbreak his bones. The key is to keep a bit of distance so you dodge the delay of his detonations. If you're not running one of those classes use a gally shot and then finish him off with a shotgun or fusion rifle- don't waste a tether if you can manage not to. I haven't used a sword because I save that slot for gally or SS, so sword users would be better to offer their technique.

2. Either jump straight across from one side to the other, or just take the stairs around the outside. You have time. The extra few seconds to take the stairs won't cause any issues.

3. You can still slam with the cannon in hand. The main problem is when cannons aren't used at all, so just hold onto it if need be, and use it before/after slamming. Obviously, it would be best to use the cannon when Aksis is tethered or after running through a Titan bubble, but better to use it when you got it than spend time running to mid and back and missing a slam.

X-Frame

Just curious but are people sleeping on the Raid Rocket Launcher?

Bonus damage to Fallen, bonus Agility, 4 in the mag, Spray and Play, can hold 6 rockets with no ammo boosting perks. Seems like it can do work to a stationary boss and not use an exotic slot.

Got an Imago Loop with outlaw and luck in the chamber. Neat.

I don't know anything about handcannon sights though. I got fastdraw, steadyhand and QuickDraw.

AEREC

So what's so great about the MIDA? For an exotic it doesn't have much flash and it's kind of a boring design. Radar while aiming isn't that big of a deal since legendariea have that.

I haven't used it in PvP yet but what am I missing?

Phear

So what's so great about the MIDA? For an exotic it doesn't have much flash and it's kind of a boring design. Radar while aiming isn't that big of a deal since legendariea have that.

Idk, for PvE it just feels right :)

Anyone up for NF?

Bonus damage to Fallen, bonus Agility, 4 in the mag, Spray and Play, can hold 6 rockets with no ammo boosting perks. Seems like it can do work to a stationary boss and not use an exotic slot.
It's definitely a decent launcher, especially for someone who wants to use Spindle or an exotic primary. Taking the clan through the pulse rifle quest on Saturday and I'm going to use OP so I'll probably have the raid launcher as my heavy.

metalgera

Neo Member

Pandora012
Weteha
Light Night

Im in!

r1024x768

372 hunter

Already got to aksis on this character, but my fireteam was low on light level, so this is just a monitor run/finish the raid for me.

Headshot. Headshot. Headshot.

Raven117

Was switched to 10 is that okay?

I don't mind, just as long as you are able to get mechanics down. And Weteha is pretty good at explaining.

This isn't my first rodeo! I take instruction.

Can I still get the exotic if I haven't run the raid even once yet?

LiK

guess i'll give some of the gear i found for other classes to see how much LL gets raised for them. i really hate playing alts now.

E92 M3

Bungie doesn't make OP weapons anymore. They want you to have a lot of viable options in the sandbox. Anyone who was expecting OP to be OP is not paying attention to Bungies stated design goals.
And they never experienced the horror that was the Nechrochasm.

The OP is actually very good - been having a blast with it.

I havnt given it the time of day yet to be honest. But it does sound good.

LiK

MIDA was always a great PVP weapon. but people started to play PRs more after they were buffed during Y2.

Count me in. Can be a 365-370 of any class (well or abouts... one more night of grinding alts lol)

PSN: TheCanisDirus

Ran it wed. did all the monitors/code/fragments and stuck on the final phase of the final boss for 3hrs and we all gave up.

What's the groups experience like?

Weteha and I have completed it. Light hasn't beat the boss, but knows the process, Kadab, I'm not sure. And Tex is a noob (not his first rodeo lol). Basically, there is no reason why we can't beat it.

Count me in. jayforone

366 of any class. Did the raid with monitors but didn't clear final boss.

We're full, do you want to be an alt, if someone doesn't show?

Im in!

r1024x768

372 hunter

Already got to aksis on this character, but my fireteam was low on light level, so this is just a monitor run/finish the raid for me.

Pandora012
Weteha
Light Night
kadab
Tex117
TheCanisDirus

Edit: Full

Alt: r1024x768
Alt: jayforone

Is the new exotic pulse rifle good for PVP? I tried it out in one match and I went positive while only trying to proc the perk. .

The perk never got me a kill or even damaged anyone lol

Dez_

High aim assist, faster player movement, faster rate of fire, which can lead to very quick kills in pvp. It's still a good weapon in pve, but I really liked it when it had the intrinsic high calibur rounds before those got taken out. Would stagger enemies for days.

Raven117

Weteha and I have completed it. Light hasn't beat the boss, but knows the process, Kadab, I'm not sure, but I think he beat it. And Tex is a noob (not his first rodeo lol). Basically, there is no reason why we can't beat it.

Im pumped!

Kalamari

Reposting for a new page:

How's this Event Horizon? Worth using over TTK 1000 Yard Stare?

Hawkeye SLR15 / Shortgaze SLH10 / Ambush SLH265
Army of One / Spray and Play
Quickdraw / Smallbore
Take a Knee

I'm guessing that if Take a Knee were something better, that it would be worth using, but I'm not sure.

Event Horizon, if I remember correctly, is of higher impact than the 1K so they will be totally different in terms of aim assist. Generally speaking, the higher the impact the lower the aim assist. Quickdraw and Shortgaze will make a good combo for quickly zooming in, but I still think Event horizon will be tough to use in pvp given the lower aim assist unless you're a robot. For pve, you woould probably be fine with either.

I think I am done with Destiny. Last night, after ranking up Crucible, Vanguard, Faction and finishing the weekly Crucible quest for 'nightfall tier' awards my overall light level did not increase at all. And I dont mean increase in light level, I mean the bar b/w 370-371 did not move an inch.

How is that possible? Well, since i turned 365 I havent had any artifacts or ghosts drop. I even leveled up Eris Morn last week and she gave me a class item instead. Crucible has yet to drop any weapons or armor pieces for me in two weeks and around 30 games. It has dropped 5 titans marks which are always below or the same as what i already have since everything drops class items in this expansion. Oh and last night it dropped a ship for me! Bungie you know exactly what i want!!

We stopped at the Raid's final boss the other day which screwed me because apparently the boss drops a guaranteed ghost or artifact. Quiet a weird decision considering its pretty much the last encounter in a 370 raid.

I cant help but feel that this is all a very conscious decision on their part. First they turned down the smart loot system of 1-6 light levels higher than your overall LL to 1-3. Then they removed a guaranteed way of getting artifacts. Now you can only get it by ranking up Eris Morn which means running 20 Antiquated runes and her weekly bounties. Even then she gave me a class item so its not guaranteed. Ghost dropped from the first or second chest in Kings Fall, now it drops in the second to last chest.

Legendaries cap at 365, CoE caps at 365, even though the minimum LL for the Raid is 370. Though its very doable at 365. They basically dont want to see you level up too fast. They dont want to reward you for playing the game. I get it. I should play the game if I'm having fun and forget about leveling up, but this is a game about leveling up. That's a huge part of its appeal. It's frustrating just sitting there opening packages and seeing shit drop every single day.

Raid is fucking amazing and the loot drops are much better so I will be sticking with just the raid every week. If Bungie wants to keep me playing by going back to its year 1 roots and wasting my fucking time then I wont give them the satisfaction. The funny thing is that I was addicted to the game when I was leveling up to 335 after the April update, and kept playing the game despite hitting 335 for over a month until ROI came out. So their fear that people will leave the game after hitting max level is completely unfounded.

I dont know. Maybe i am super unlucky. Maybe my game is glitched and ghosts dont drop from packages anymore after 365. Or Maybe not since Bungie made conscious decisions to keep ghosts and artifacts locked at the end of the raid. Final straw with a legendary 371 boot drop from the crucible weekly bounty. 1 full LL above my overall LL.

I think Bungie made a huge mistake when they added artifacts and added light level to ghosts but didn't allow either of them to drop like regular weapons and armor. When they did that they artificially created a bottleneck in their loot pool. Given that there are few sources of ghosts and artifacts past 365, Bungie's loot guy had to have known this would be a problem, it's pretty easy to see.

SpecX

Hit 360 last night. Turned in some legendary engrams and did not progress higher. Planning on playing late tpnoght to try amd reach 365. Had a guy in the Sepiks strike do nothing tp support the team.

EL CUCO

Is the new exotic pulse rifle good for PVP? I tried it out in one match and I went positive while only trying to proc the perk. .

The perk never got me a kill or even damaged anyone lol
It's essentially a poorly rolled Hawksaw. The Nanites do like 4 damage. I'd take a laser beam PDX-45 or Hawksaw over it any day in PvP.

I did beat Soss in our OP only rumble match last night tho :p

X-Frame

It's definitely a decent launcher, especially for someone who wants to use Spindle or an exotic primary. Taking the clan through the pulse rifle quest on Saturday and I'm going to use OP so I'll probably have the raid launcher as my heavy.

I havnt given it the time of day yet to be honest. But it does sound good.

Cool. Yeah I'll try it more this weekend.

SGA to make the most out of the raid perk
Wait For It, you are supposed to empty the mag, but do NOT reload. Keep the mag empty, and then go find more heavy. If there are then 4+ in the reserves, when you do reload it you'll get 4 in the mag. Hence, "Wait For It" as the perk name.

It is not slowing you down because of Spray and Play which reloads super fast anyway.

Still somewhat an underwhelming perk though. It isn't Clown Cartridge which generates a free rocket, that would be an awesome addition to the perk.

metalgera

Neo Member
Weteha and I have completed it. Light hasn't beat the boss, but knows the process, Kadab, I'm not sure. And Tex is a noob (not his first rodeo lol). Basically, there is no reason why we can't beat it.

Sure!

Sounds good! I'll be on later today if you want to shoot me a FR and i'll accept and be ready for tomorrow. PSN: TheCanisDirus

MechDX

Ornaments from Xur are 75 silver dust? I struggled to get 5 for two weapons....

Also asked in the last thread but didn't see an answer: can you really only use the Gallowing Sparrow on the first character you got it with? Went to the kiosk to get one form warlock after the Titan got it first and says I have to buy it from Lavante kiosk when I go there.

Thought maybe you hit buy and it was zero cost but nope.

Deku Tree

Also asked in the last thread but didn't see an answer: can you really only use the Gallowing Sparrow on the first character you got it with? Went to the kiosk to get one form warlock after the Titan got it first and says I have to buy it from Lavante kiosk when I go there.

I have three of them in my inventory, one on each character, and they are in my kiosk. I don't understand what problems you are having. Anyway I'd rather use the DO and NM sparrows.

MrDaravon

If anyone has room in a PS4 raid(s) today hit me up. I'm 367/368 on all 3 characters, got to the first phase of the last boss last week and that's as far as I've gotten, so would just need a breakdown of the last part (we figured out the first phase but people had to go before we could do it). Down for multiple runs, the exotic PR quest, whatever. PSN: MrDaravon

I thought it was 25?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Hit 360 last night. Turned in some legendary engrams and did not progress higher. Planning on playing late tpnoght to try amd reach 365. Had a guy in the Sepiks strike do nothing tp support the team.

360 is fine. You are ready for the raid. Dez and I are planning a run to get the exotic on our alts. If you dont mind running with guys who have already done most of the raid, join us. Probably around 9:30PM EST.

You might go down in 3-4 hits in the final encounter but its not that hard to stay alive in that fight.

Top Bottom