• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Deku Tree

I've been finding it quite easy to get into good archons forge instances recently. I crouch walk starting from the entrance to the building. Before I get to the stairs I see blue name tags and then I am in the instance and I can run into the AF arena. Then I've had good luck being able to run AF over and over for at least an hour each time with lots of players sticking around.

Doing those Shiro AF bounties is pretty tedious though when it relies on RNG which AF type you get. They should just have a do 7 AF events bounty.

Are explosives rounds the pretty useless perk? I got it on my IB scout and it looks cool but is it actually doing anything other than that?

Edit: I mean for pvp. Like when I shoot someone with it are they seeing a small explosion on their screen or anything? If so I imagine it is pretty useful just for that.

Yes it fucks up their screen and flinches like a motherfucker.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody feel like running Trials with me a bit? Never done it before and I figure I should at least fill that in in my RoI Book. On PS4 ( PSN; TiemenMeijer ).

Clunker

Anyone on Xbox for nightfall or super casual trials for bounties and gear? I'm 367 and have an hour and a half to mess around. GT is Holden Cawffle.

Dave_6

Rank 5 on all three of my characters and not one pulse, scout or hand cannon. I'm so sick of my shitty RNG that I sometimes think I need to quit cold turkey. Every game I played I got killed my someone else with the pulse rifle.

SpecX

Rank 5 on all three of my characters and not one pulse, scout or hand cannon. I'm so sick of my shitty RNG that I sometimes think I need to quit cold turkey. Every game I played I got killed my someone else with the pulse rifle.
Is the pulse rifle good? Had one drop and never tried it.

Trakan

Yeah I've been using the Trials scout and it's good. It's nothing unique as I'm pretty sure all scouts can get that exact roll for the most part, but I've been hit by explosive rounds and they're nothing to fuck with.

Feorax

I'm really not good at PvP, and right now I'm on remote play.

It's madness that I keep being in the top two of the team I'm on. Either matchmaking is fucked or there's an awful lot of newbies jumping back in after picking up rise of iron.

Mercury hype!

CuWId5hVUAAwRVu.jpg

Awesome. I thought so since I suddenly did better 1 on 1 when I put on explosive rounds. Didn't know if it was just in my head or luck though. I also see it does some splash damage even if you just hit the ground next to your target. Good stuff.

I'm mad I didnt get the Pulse from IB but I did get the scout with braced frame + explosive rounds and an unbent tree with braced + counterbalance. In case anyone was trying for those perks on an unbent tree, it still is very unstable. The good thing is that it just shoots almost completely vertically so you can offset it by aiming lower and/or nudging down on the camera as you shoot. Makes it pretty decent imo. Same goes for pve....I dont really like it for that but it can mess some stuff up if you can get used to aiming it.

I finally got my year 3 Thorn, and fired it up in an Iron Banner match. It still seems pretty damn good in PvP, despite the range nerf it got (was it nerfed in other areas since year 1?)

stay gold

I finally got my year 3 Thorn, and fired it up in an Iron Banner match. It still seems pretty damn good in PvP, despite the range nerf it got (was it nerfed in other areas since year 1?)

Yeah the Dot got annihilated and barely does any damage anymore. Still a good gun but the range nerf was completely unnecessary.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Anyone wanna help me on the final math part for the OP quest? Need a Warlock and titan

PSN: ShadowKayos

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
So Trials is supposed to be this game's competitive PvP 'endgame'?

Because I don't get it.

Heavy ammo round is a near-guaranteed round win for the team that gets it.
The team that does best has their Supers first which makes them do better.
Spawns don't flip between rounds.

Perhaps it is this specific map ( I feel the spawns are too close to each-other and are placed so that maybe 20% of the map is actually used and the Heavy Ammo spawns right in between them ), but I really just don't get it.

Mindlog

Wonder if Chalenge of Elders would be fun this week.
Exposure and melee bonus. Nah, eff that.
Cool! Thanks. Any Warlocks down to helping for a quick min on this last quest?
I can help. PSN same as GAF.
Watching football, but will start dancing in the temple when I have my code in.

molnizzle

I'm not a great Trials player or anything but I think I can answer some of these.

That's why you want to prevent the other team from getting it. It's perfectly fair, everyone knows it's coming, everyone knows where it is. It's a competition, pure map control.

This is a change from previous years when there was 2 heavy spawns and round 3 was basically a rocket duel. I like it this way better.

This is true for most competitive games. Part of the strategy is to not "feed" the enemy team and charge their supers. Just like a MOBA.

This bugs me too.

Also this week's map is indeed bad.

Mindlog

Every time I look in my vault I find another solid hand cannon.
Found an Imago Loop that trades 1/2 of the Palindrome's stability for 'Luck in the Chamber.'
Found an Eyasluna 1/5th more stability than Palindrome and 'Hidden Hand.'

So Trials is supposed to be this game's competitive PvP 'endgame'?

Because I don't get it.

Perhaps it is this specific map ( I feel the spawns are too close to each-other and are placed so that maybe 20% of the map is actually used and the Heavy Ammo spawns right in between them ), but I really just don't get it.

Your gear and kills affect which teams get their supers first, and controlling the heavy spawn isn't "automatic", the better team will get and keep it. You have had two rounds to figure out the enemy teams comp and play style before the heavy round.

Now of course it doesn't handicap the winning team, like heavy always spawns next to the losing team in R3 or the losing team builds supers faster. But not having a handicap feature doesn't make something uncompetitive.

Granted, between lag issues, how important gear and light levels are, balance issues between weapons, etc I don't really think Destiny is a GOOD competitive game, but at equal skill levels of players generally the better players will win over time.

I do think Overwatch / CSGo / LOL is far superior competitive wise, and Black Ops 3 far better from a gunplay / mechanics point. But I like Destiny just for "the grind", in that there is always something to slightly improve. In the other games all I can grind for is skins basically, in Destiny I can actually get gear that will let me beat equally skilled players, which I would agree makes the game not a great competitive game but fun as hell if you have the best gear.

lt519

Anyone up for raid? We're short one and need to get going. Psn: rarbusto I think we're starting here shortly.

We'll probably activate monitors as we go along but might not have time to finish the raid.

Mindlog

Anyone up for raid? We're short one and need to get going. Psn: rarbusto I think we're starting here shortly.

We'll probably activate monitors as we go along but might not have time to finish the raid.
Perfect timing. I could go for a raid. Send invite PSN same as GAF.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Any Hunters or Warlocks wanna team up for Crucible and Forge for Raid OP exotic quest? Or any of you fine ladies and gentlemen just wanna jump in and help out. Should take around an hour, at most.

Insaniac

My group and I need a 6th for Aksis (Final form?) we are still running this raid blind, but we have figured out most of the mechanics for the final fight so far (we believe). PS4, msg TheLintendo

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
My group and I need a 6th for Aksis (Final form?) we are still running this raid blind, but we have figured out most of the mechanics for the final fight so far (we believe). PS4, msg TheLintendo

Hmm... How close are you guys coming to tanking him? I have beaten him, but I am not really the guy you want to lead the thing. (I do know the mechanics, though.)

Insaniac

Hmm... How close are you guys coming to tanking him? I have beaten him, but I am not really the guy you want to lead the thing. (I do know the mechanics, though.)
we got to the first damage phase, we have't goten past that, it doesn't matter if we beat him or not this is the only time we have to give it a try

Top Bottom