• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

GlamFM

Banned
I got to rank 5 with all three characters.

I got three handcannons and three sidearms.

WHAT THE FUCK BUNGIE YOU STUPID FUCKS

Honeymoon with ROI is over and we´re back to ranting and insulting Bungie it seems.

That´s what drove me away from this community for a good while before ROI came out.

Let´s not become so toxic again - please.

ll_J0N_ll

I got 5 laughing hearts, 2 Branded Lords, a Silvered Dread and a Cleaver Dragon. That's the way it goes I s'pose. Was wanting a hand cannon and scout...

I got to rank 5 with all three characters.

I got three handcannons and three sidearms.

WHAT THE FUCK BUNGIE YOU STUPID FUCKS

I think its good that not everyone have the same weapons in PVP. I know you want it, but keep playing it and in the end you will get it to drop.

Foxxsoxx

Honeymoon with ROI is over and we´re back to ranting and insulting Bungie it seems.

That´s what drove me away from this community for a good while before ROI came out.

Let´s not become so toxic again - please.

It's bound to happen sooner or later honestly. I just wish I had enough self control to stop playing once the honeymoon phase is over.

I'm about at that point where it's time to walk away, about 380 light and it's only a grind to get better rolls. I might dip before I become a salt mine lol.

Wish the raid gear was a bit more special. 380 is 380, doesn't really matter what you're using. Hoping the hard mode adds some extra mechanics to WotM to really push the gearing requirements to the limit.

I might hard on iron banana tonight and just take a break until next week

GlamFM

Banned
Wish the raid gear was a bit more special. 380 is 380, doesn't really matter what you're using. Hoping the hard mode adds some extra mechanics to WotM to really push the gearing requirements to the limit.

i think the gauntlets being the better ruin wings is pretty awesome.

Lima

Do a 2 man run then. Pretty challenging.

i think the gauntlets being the better ruin wings is pretty awesome.

Yeah the gauntlets are great I'll admit but then the other slots have perks that are all but useless. Do I really need extra agility with a cannon? The reason I brought it up is because I did my last raid in pvp gear (with a sword) and I didn't notice a difference. Kinda want the pve to require certain load outs or specific builds with proper synergies. It's year 3 of Destiny so it's a bit too late for that but with the sequel at least I hope the pve is totally it's own thing when it comes to gearing and the pvp is something else more typical of a console fps (with supers of course)

adin75

I got 5 laughing hearts, 2 Branded Lords, a Silvered Dread and a Cleaver Dragon. That's the way it goes I s'pose. Was wanting a hand cannon and scout...

I jumped over to my Warlock after you left and ran through to level 5, scored 2 Hand Cannons.
1x Hammer Forged/Hand Laid, Snapshot/High Caliber, Third Eye/Triple Tap
1x Smallbore/Braced Frame, Lightweight/Extended Mag, Luck in the Chamber/Rescue Mag.

Not perfect, but not terrible either.

noomi

So.. is there something bugged with the wait for it perk on the sound and fury raid rocket launcher..

Never seems to actually do anything, maybe I dont understand the perk itself...

Says reloading an empty mag has a chance to grant a larger magazine... but it never goes above 3... which isbthe default.

Jinjo

Skip grenades need an adjustment. They're so damn stupid at this point especially with Shinobu's vow.

Yes, let's nerf the only useful grenade Hunters have left.

The added 6th skip bolt with Shinobu's might be a bit much, but other than that Skip's are completely fine when you compare them to Axion Bolt. Which does similar damage, but in a single bolt instead of 5/6 smaller bolts and that also has insane tracking. In addition, Voidwalkers have a good super in their kit, unlike Bladedancers. Combine that with the quickdraw exotic gloves for Warlocks and Voidlocks got Bladedancers beat at every aspect of their kit.

So.. is there something bugged with the wait for it perk on the sound and fury raid rocket launcher..

Never seems to actually do anything, maybe I dont understand the perk itself...

Says reloading an empty mag has a chance to grant a larger magazine... but it never goes above 3... which isbthe default.

You need to have 4 rockets in your reserve, it's not a Clown Cartridge perk. You need the physical ammo in your inventory. So the perk is pretty much useless if you don't carry double heavy/RL ammo increase perks, since the base ammo inventory for the RL is 6 total. The RL should have had a field scout perk or surplus perk.

Matt Frost

Skip grenades need an adjustment. They're so damn stupid at this point especially with Shinobu's vow.

I agree. I will make a post on Bungie forums and complain hard about this. They listened with the warlock nerf I expect them to do so again. Also going to ask to nerf the warlock void grenade Axiom Bolt

Silk04

Well im going to try to get the black emblems from IB after work. No dragons from none of my r5 packages. Got the sparrow tho.

noomi

You need to have 4 rockets in your reserve, it's not a Clown Cartridge perk. You need the physical ammo in your inventory. So the perk is pretty much useless if you don't carry double heavy/RL ammo increase perks, since the base ammo inventory for the RL is 6 total. The RL should have had a field scout perk or surplus perk.

Wow... gotcha... seems like quite the oversight on Bungies part...

stay gold

I agree. I will make a post on Bungie forums and complain hard about this. They listened with the warlock nerf I expect them to do so again. Also going to ask to nerf the warlock void grenade Axiom Bolt

You know Axion Bolts can be both shot and slid under? They require no nerf.

Trakan

You know Axion Bolts can be both shot and slid under? They require no nerf.

They're not exactly easy to shoot though. It kind of amazes me that Axion Bolts and Lightning Grenades have survived untouched for this long. They've always been two of the best grenades in the game, and Bungie loves to nerf everything.

I still think the Skip Grenade is lackluster even with Shinobu's Vow. I guess I expected more out of them. I guess I was expecting something like the tracking on the Axion Bolt or the tracking on Scatter grenades with the Nothing Manacles. The Skip Grenades still seem to do literally nothing even when thrown right next to an enemy sometimes.

Shiv47

While I'm not a Supremacy player style-wise, the loot wasn't too bad in the end. The revisions to getting loot and bounties worked pretty well, and I ended up getting everything except the sniper and machine gun. Had almost no armor drop, though. For my final packages, got a handcannon with rifled barrel, QuickDraw/extended mag, and triple tap/third eye and a Scout rifle with reinforced barrel, explosive rounds, and zen moment/triple tap, which seems okay. Looking forward to trying them out.

I find it funny that some of you guys complain haha.
Grow your skills instead and adapt than ask for nerfs.

I have never asked for a nerf, not even when I was killed by thorn, last words, hopscotch, snipers etc etc. for me all those guns could have been left untouched. I still killed them back and adapted my playstyle

The only thing I maybe had some issues with was the mythoclast in PVP. I had it for a week before they nerfed it and my god it was crazy good.

stay gold

They're not exactly easy to shoot though. It kind of amazes me that Axion Bolts and Lightning Grenades have survived untouched for this long. They've always been two of the best grenades in the game, and Bungie loves to nerf everything.

If you find them hard to shoot then slide under. I don't see how they can nerf something that can already be rendered null with a button press.

And half the time you throw a skip grenade they just fly into the heavens because you threw them at the tiniest bump in the ground or you decided to throw them at stairs for some dumb reason....

Like I do sometimes XD

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Grenades are fine. Like Robert said, adapt. There are other issues more concerning. Like lag and match making.

any IB trains? haven't played since Friday, and i'm trying to get to rank 5. tough to do with randoms. :/
and when you stink in crucible like i do

any IB trains? haven't played since Friday, and i'm trying to get to rank 5. tough to do with randoms. :/
and when you stink in crucible like i do

I'm not super awesome, but I've gotten both my alts to rank 5 this morning, so if you need some help I wouldn't mind teaming up.

PSN is greyblade.

deadduck

Grenades are fine. Like Robert said, adapt. There are other issues more concerning. Like lag and match making.

The biggest issue. The first is so fundamental to the way Destiny is built I'd be concerned it will be improved for D2 but red bars will still be the most OP loadout for the Crucible. That makes me sad, it could be soooo good.

The latter is easy to address, but I they are too stubborn to address (and it's cheaper to rely on scrubby wireless client hosts). They say they keep opening up the matchmaking, but I keep playing the same sweaty players.

noomi

Was bored in IB and decided to try the Choas Dogma Scout (Raid one)....

Its actually not terrible in pvp.... on bigger maps the impact from that thing is pretty awesome.

Going to miss the iron banner shenanigans when it's gone lol

26uf2cU1gekDUGWnS.gif

Dave_6

IB left me so salty yesterday that I said I wasn't going to play anymore, especially after getting team killed and teabagged in the one and only game I played last night. Now that I've slept and back at work this morning, I want to play some more :/ Damnit Destiny...

Doesn't help that my Hunter desperately needs some boots but my IB RNG is so bad they probably won't drop anyways.

void666

Banned
Last day of iron banner. I was hating IB in the beginning. But as i kept playing i think i improved a lot and had so much fun. I'm much better at dealing with shotgun warriors now.
I still think this high impact long range shotguns are broken and wouldn't shed a tear if bungie nerfed them though.

Thanks to iron banner (plus exotic engrams and faction packages) i got all my characters to 385 (from 371).
Lingering song and unbent tree are fun weapons i'll be using in regular crucible for sure. Too bad no pulse or scout dropped for me. Maybe next time.

Tried trials and got destroyed. Like first match and we lost in seconds. Nice SBMM you got there bungie.
It's depressing. You believe you're average but these guys show you are thrash.

IB left me so salty yesterday that I said I wasn't going to play anymore, especially after getting team killed and teabagged in the one and only game I played last night. Now that I've slept and back at work this morning, I want to play some more :/ Damnit Destiny...

Doesn't help that my Hunter desperately needs some boots but my IB RNG is so bad they probably won't drop anyways.

Wanna join up with Rasengan1337 and me?

willow ve

I still have no idea how to level up to get ready for the raid. This past week my main was light level 348. I realize that light level matters in Iron Banner, but that's not going to stop me. I play on and off all week, complete all the bounties, get to rank 5 in Iron Banner (that's 25-40 games?), and I'm now glorious level 150. A full week of grinding Iron Banner for 2 light levels?

Ok, so I jump into the 350 level strike playlist. Run 10-15 strikes. Whoopee, I'm now level 351 after 3 hours of continual strikes.

Maybe Archon's Forge is the way to go? Ok, run that for around 2 hours. I have now successfully power leveled all the way to 353. Let's go!

How the fuck are you supposed to level up to get raid ready? I've been hovering close to 350 now for almost two full weeks.

I've decrypted countless legendary and exotic engrams (I'm not a hoarder) and at MOST they come out 1 light level above what I currently am (or at the same light level - which = no gains).

Chitown B

I still have no idea how to level up to get ready for the raid. This past week my main was light level 348. I realize that light level matters in Iron Banner, but that's not going to stop me. I play on and off all week, complete all the bounties, get to rank 5 in Iron Banner (that's 25-40 games?), and I'm now glorious level 150. A full week of grinding Iron Banner for 2 light levels?

Ok, so I jump into the 350 level strike playlist. Run 10-15 strikes. Whoopee, I'm now level 351 after 3 hours of continual strikes.

Maybe Archon's Forge is the way to go? Ok, run that for around 2 hours. I have now successfully power leveled all the way to 353. Let's go!

How the fuck are you supposed to level up to get raid ready? I've been hovering close to 350 now for almost two full weeks.

I've decrypted countless legendary and exotic engrams (I'm not a hoarder) and at MOST they come out 1 light level above what I currently am (or at the same light level - which = no gains).

people here who are 385 do nothing other than play Destiny.

Top Bottom