• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Trakan

So after playing Trials this week, the postgame drops seem way less frequent. Someone was getting something after every game last week, and now we were lucky to get 1 item per card. I don't usually think Bungie nerfs things behind the scenes like that, but I feel like they definitely did there.

Why is the ghost a possible flawless armor reward? That is incredibly disappointing after going flawless. Give it out in addition to armor, but not in place of armor.

Also, Floating Gardens sucks as a Trials map.

Cruxist

So after playing Trials this week, the postgame drops seem way less frequent. Someone was getting something after every game last week, and now we were lucky to get 1 item per card. I don't usually think Bungie nerfs things behind the scenes like that, but I feel like they definitely did there.

Why is the ghost a possible flawless armor reward? That is incredibly disappointing after going flawless. Give it out in addition to armor, but not in place of armor.

Also, Floating Gardens sucks as a Trials map.

Agreed on all points. My regular trials team is struggling like crazy this week. I think I got one armor drop after the game this week, and last week I got a set of last year's titan gear. I do love the ghost, but yeah, that's not a flawless reward.

I love the Banner Unbroken shader from the Rise of Iron Record Book.

Concerning the Record Book, I need to do the Golden Ticket (Complete Trials Passage). Considering I only play Iron Banner and Crucible for quest stuff regarding the competitive multiplayer, I have never participated in Trials or had any interest in doing so. As I understand it, completing a Trials Passage means winning 9 or losing 3 matches, correct?

Arrrammis

Concerning the Record Book, I need to do the Golden Ticket (Complete Trials Passage). Considering I only play Iron Banner and Crucible for quest stuff regarding the competitive multiplayer, I have never participated in Trials or had any interest in doing so. As I understand it, completing a Trials Passage means winning 9 or losing 3 matches, correct?

Correct

pantsmith

And we're full.

Looking for edit: full more for Wrath of the Machine.

No worries if you haven't run it before, we're patient, but you should be 365+

Message me on PSN if interested (I'll try to keep checking here, but can't promise anything)

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Any Titans with outbreak prime want to buy a replica real quick and help a hunter and warlock out? Psn is same as here. 😀

Gragen

I really hope they don't nerf the IB pulse rifle, it's a great primary for crucible and counters rushers well which is a weapon type the crucible needs imo.

TsuWave

don't think i'll go 9-0 this week, skip nades are just obnoxious and xur selling shiinobu's vow this week just made things worse

Clunker

Yep - there are actually some great rewards for Trials bounties, given out by the dude in the corner at the Reef (legendary marks and gear drops up to 385, whether you win or lose). I've run a few super-casual bounty runs, and almost all of the bounties are very doable for even mediocre Crucible players such as myself.

The RoI book credit is for completing 5 tickets, I believe, so each ticket will complete when you lose 3 matches. There are boons you can buy with Trials coins (have to click Y/Triangle on the ticket in your inventory) to boost your chances and win rewards, but if you're just interested in spinning through the tickets as fast as possible don't buy them, since one gives you a pass on your first loss.

50+ IB matches and only seen 2 sparrows. Both given to clan mates who barely log in and might've done 3 or so games this IB. They need to really turn on smart loot for D2. And add some behind the scenes 'he's been in the playlist for X amount of games, let's give him something decent' shit.

XAL

Need a Warlock to do the first part of the outbreak prime quest, all categories.

PLS HELP

PS4: OHGODTHEBEES

nightfall then public events/heroics

Ramirez

don't think i'll go 9-0 this week, skip nades are just obnoxious and xur selling shiinobu's vow this week just made things worse

I've been 8-0 3-4 times and shit the bed every time. This would be the first week I've never made it when actively playing the game. I'm salty as fuck, but the map just doesn't fit my playstyle at all.

exYle

I got to rank 5 with all three characters.

I got three handcannons and three sidearms.

WHAT THE FUCK BUNGIE YOU STUPID FUCKS

XAL

Hello I need a warlock to do the 2nd part of the Outbreak Prime quest.

To do sepiks, 3 archons forge (we have 2 offerings), explore plaugelands

On PS4: PSN name: OHGODTHEBEES

I got to rank 5 with all three characters.

I got three handcannons and three sidearms.

WHAT THE FUCK BUNGIE YOU STUPID FUCKS

I got 5 shotguns, 3 rocket launchers, 2 scouts, 1 pulse, 1 sidearm, 4 auto rifles...

exYle

Hello I need a warlock to do the 2nd part of the Outbreak Prime quest.

To do sepiks, 3 archons forge (we have 2 offerings), explore plaugelands

On PS4: PSN name: OHGODTHEBEES

I got 5 shotguns, 3 rocket launchers, 2 scouts, 1 pulse, 1 sidearm, 4 auto rifles...

See I didn't bother counting the auto rifles or shotguns because those are post match drops, and I'm not upset by getting a lot of them. But the bounty rewards and rank 5 packages? Fuck, dude. You can get 9 total, and two thirds of mine were god damn fucking handguns

Stupid question:

I used the auto level 40 item to make a hunter, and I'm going back and doing missions to help level my subclasses; should I be doing them on hard? The normal mode has "XP bonus" next to it, so I'm confused.

Stupid question:

I used the auto level 40 item to make a hunter, and I'm going back and doing missions to help level my subclasses; should I be doing them on hard? The normal mode has "XP bonus" next to it, so I'm confused.

The gains on regular difficulty is miniscule. Do it on the hardest available. The XP bonus is available on any mission you run for the first time.

Flipside

I got a 'The Waltz' which rolled pretty nice I think.
(high caliber rounds/snapshot, perfect balance/secret round, counterbalance).

From IB I got a 'Clever Dragon':
(smallborne/braced frame - appended magazine/lightweight - headseeker/feeding frenzy).

Which one is the better pick? Or is it worth pursuing something different altogether?

LiK

50+ IB matches and only seen 2 sparrows. Both given to clan mates who barely log in and might've done 3 or so games this IB. They need to really turn on smart loot for D2. And add some behind the scenes 'he's been in the playlist for X amount of games, let's give him something decent' shit.

I got the Sparrow, I guess that's another rare drop.

XAL

Can anyone with a warlock who has outbreak prime help us do step 6, doing engine puzzle part 2.

Won't let us do it with someone who doesnt have an engine.

PS4: ohgodthebees

Can do a nightfall after

WeTeHa

Skip grenades need an adjustment. They're so damn stupid at this point especially with Shinobu's vow.

I always thought they are fine like they are now.

they're completely useless against nightstalkers, just hit O twice and grenade avoided.
you can easily outrun them (even with shinobus vow + enhanced tracking) using blink or titan skating. even other warlock and hunter classes can get away, although it's harder when you are wearing shinobus

Ramirez

I always thought they are fine like they are now.

they're completely useless against nightstalkers, just hit O twice and grenade avoided.
you can easily outrun them (even with shinobus vow + enhanced tracking) using blink or titan skating. even other warlock and hunter classes can get away, although it's harder when you are wearing shinobus

I play Gunslinger, and you absolutely cannot run away from them. Nothing should be that good at tracking and deal the damage they do.

Top Bottom