• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Deku Tree

I'm wondering the same thing. Each raid has handled drops differently. VoG had double hard mode drops. CE had separate drops for normal/hard. Did CE have double hard mode drops? KF seems to have just dropped both NM/HM items.

I'm wondering if WotM will drop both again, if we'll get double HM drops, or if keys will still have a use in HM.

CE did not have double HM drops.

This loot table

http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Wrath_of_the_Machine_Loot

indicates that the HM splicer armor will be re-rollable with Siva Key Fragments.

It is unclear if there will be a chest that will give you an extra HM drop if you use a SIVA Cache key. But people will be angry if they do HM and use a SIVA Cache key and only get a NM drop out of it lol...

But I doubt that you get a double HM drop and then get to use a SIVA Cache key to get another double HM drop.

Mrgamer

Guys if anyone up for raiding tonight at around 11:15 pm gmt?We will start as soon we have 6.
Up for various runs.

Psn v1br4t1ons.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Guys, any chance this game gets a PS4Pro patch?

I'm praying for 60fps for Crucible, goddamn.

Sony made it clear that games played online won't be allowed to have a performance advantage to keep things fair.

60fps players versus 30fps players in Crucible is exactly the issue they are trying to avoid.

Dez_

Bungie and 60 fps don't seem to go hand in hand. Would love to see that for Destiny 2 multiplayer though, but I don't think that's likely.

Ambitious

According to the Shader kiosk, the Bone Marrow shader is unlocked by obtaining all normal mode armor pieces from KF. Surely this can't be right? Surely, the gear from HM KF would also unlock it?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Sony made it clear that games played online won't be allowed to have a performance advantage to keep things fair.

60fps players versus 30fps players in Crucible is exactly the issue they are trying to avoid.

But that's a non issue on PC... They've created a console landscape without precedent, they may as well go full hog.

Besides, that's more incentive to upgrade for competitive players, who would be upgrading for said benefits, to make a safe assumption.

Destiny feels kind of dead all of the sudden, now that the freshly-exquisite Iron Banner is gone :(

Really looking forward to the next events...

What's a good high-impact sniper for the raid? Not sure if I should infuse up my 1000-Yard Stare (the campaign one) or pick one up from a vendor.

1YKS is great, especially with the right perks. The Final Horizon sniper from the Crucible quartermaster is also a good choice, if you have the marks for it.

When did Festival of the Lost begin last year?

Just trying to think of when the Halloween event might start this year. I thought it would have begun by now.

BiGBoSSMk23

Also, I know it's mostly RNG but are there any guides to get sublime engrams quicker?

I'm trying to get Hesperos set for my Titan.

According to the Shader kiosk, the Bone Marrow shader is unlocked by obtaining all normal mode armor pieces from KF. Surely this can't be right? Surely, the gear from HM KF would also unlock it?

Nope, gotta have that sweet normal mode loot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Although it doesn't need to be a class set, you can have pieces from your alts and it'll count.

Also, I know it's mostly RNG but are there any guides to get sublime engrams quicker?

I'm trying to get Hesperos set for my Titan.

The best source for sublime engrams right now are the regular WotM raid chests. You also have a chance on getting a sublime engram from the daily public event rewards on each character, which you can do once per character every day.

Ambitious

Nope, gotta have that sweet normal mode loot ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Although it doesn't need to be a class set, you can have pieces from your alts and it'll count.

Yeah, I just learned that there's a second shader called Ascendant Plane which is unlocked by acquiring a complete set of HM armor. Someone remind me please: Does HM KF only drop HM loot or both NM and HM loot?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I talked to my uncle who works at Bungie and he confirmed there will be a 4k 60 fps port for the PS4 pro. Exclusive for 1 year like the Jade Rabbit. The PS4 Pro will automatically detect that you are playing on a premium console and will unlock all exotics in the game for free.

But i think he made up the last part because I still dont have a Jade Rabbit after 700 hours of playtime.

Destiny feels kind of dead all of the sudden, now that the freshly-exquisite Iron Banner is gone :(

Really looking forward to the next events...

Maybe to you, but I'm still chasing perfect rolls on my PvE and PvP load outs.

I think everyone should lower their expectations for Festival of the Cost. Its not going to be as epic as IB was this past weekend. Last year it was all cosmetic junk.

Iron Banner is also a monthly event, so that will be back before you know it.

Mindlog

Went into the Nightfall with a dopey weapon setup because I didn't feel like opening up the third party app to transfer my stuff over and I wanted loot at the highest light level.

389 Ghost

Nice. However, using my Saint 14 Helm and not my Immolation Fists because of the loot drop ruleset is stupid. Light Level is stupid.

all 4, every week, on all characters. got warlock last week and hunter just now. no titan bounty yet.

Edit: Oooops double post.

cool, i'm still waiting, but i don't think i've been quite so rigorous about completing every bounty, weekly.

on another note, with HM dropping, would it be worth hoarding some engrams?
edit: i'm only LL 353

WeTeHa

Hmm, you there Friday? I don't mind waiting. I wonder if the others will mind.

Just to be clear, we're talking about this weekend, right? so a normal mode raid?
Friday afternoon EST could maybe work for me (like running between 2 and 6 pm est), maybe sunday afternoon after as well.

But it doesn't matter to me, i'm 386 with all 3 characters, so I'm ready for hard mode.

I'll be available the entire weekend after hard mode launch.

BiGBoSSMk23

The best source for sublime engrams right now are the regular WotM raid chests. You also have a chance on getting a sublime engram from the daily public event rewards on each character, which you can do once per character every day.

Yup. Just got one from a public event.

Thanks guys.

Just to be clear, we're talking about this weekend, right? so a normal mode raid?
Friday afternoon EST could maybe work for me (like running between 2 and 6 pm est), maybe sunday afternoon after as well.

But it doesn't matter to me, i'm 386 with all 3 characters, so I'm ready for hard mode.

I'll be available the entire weekend after hard mode launch.

Nope talking about hard mode. I just thought you were working this week since you said you could do HM on the 21st.

I'm confused

Top Bottom