• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Hedgey

Cug-Y5zWAAQTFIC.jpg:large

Got both my pins today! Yay

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed :). I used it almost exclusively in Y2 on my main. Sadly, it was replaced in Y3 by OBP, but now resides on my Warlock.

Still love that gun though <3.

The Outbreak Prime is amazing, huh? I started the quest, but it just seems such a pain in the arse.

Trakan

CE did not have double HM drops.

This loot table

http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Wrath_of_the_Machine_Loot

indicates that the HM splicer armor will be re-rollable with Siva Key Fragments.

It is unclear if there will be a chest that will give you an extra HM drop if you use a SIVA Cache key. But people will be angry if they do HM and use a SIVA Cache key and only get a NM drop out of it lol...

But I doubt that you get a double HM drop and then get to use a SIVA Cache key to get another double HM drop.

I just remember Moldering Shards becoming useless so I'm wondering if they learned from it here. I'm sure people will be happy with either getting the 2nd drop from not doing NM or the chest itself. It keeps keys relevant and offers additional loot.

ch4fx_

The Outbreak Prime is amazing, huh? I started the quest, but it just seems such a pain in the arse.

It actually depends on who you ask around here, some like the gun while others don't. Personally I think it looks awesome, sounds cool & kills shit, so I'm all for it.

If you already have the quest line started (AKA, did a full monitor run), then the hardest part is already over. The rest of the quest just requires you to find two other classes willing to help.

Which class do you have the quest on?

Mrgamer

WOTM RAID.

Looking to start a raid in 15 minutes
Quick and chilled run
Need 5

Please post here and i'll add you to the party.

So you can still be the worst in your team in pvp and still end up with better rewards than the top guy. A bit irritating, but eh no point in getting upset at chance.

timnich

Anyone doing a raid that is willing to take a semi-noob on? I have done the raid up to the seige train. Light level 373, PSN ptr19.

I'm looking to run the NF once, maybe twice. PSN is greyblade if you want to join up.

Edit: Halfway through the NF if anyone wants to join.

robo

God damn it, faction upg got chest piece, vanguard package boots.

I need a God damn helmet bungo.

365, 5 levels lower than all my armour pieces, 10 packages and counting ffs.

Is it to much to ask really?? &#128545;

Still hit 370 now though.
Also picked up thorn quest &#128077;

Kalamari

I feel that RNG is really what I dislike most about this game, maybe more than the laggy crucible. But what sort of substitute is there for RNG in loot games? I can't think of any off hand, but I do not have a lot of experience when it comes to loot games. Are there other games that have a better system for loot distribution than RNG?

Hedgey

Okay, raid time. Stealing the two people that just posted.

1. Hedgeyy
2. commish
3. Strangelove77
4. ptr19
5. keakster
6. Larryd85 (outside friend)

FULL!Thanks for the quick replies guys, inviting to party now

Zocano

I feel that RNG is really what I dislike most about this game, maybe more than the laggy crucible. But what sort of substitute is there for RNG in loot games? I can't think of any off hand, but I do not have a lot of experience when it comes to loot games. Are there other games that have a better system for loot distribution than RNG?

It took a long looooooooong time for WoW to put in "credits" that always drop from raids so that you could just buy the gear you need. Think moldering shards but you just buy the raid gear from Eris. FF14 didn't have it at all when it launched (ARR), it had a system in place for its first expansion for that however.

But that's only for raids. And honestly, there is definitely a psychological aspect to getting your gun straight from a difficult encounter and not just buying it from a vendor after accruing so many tickets.

Fiddling the RNG so that it is fun for players and not just handing out rewards constantly has been a problem that most MMOs (re: WoW) have been dealing with for a long time. And MMOs are what Destiny is modelling itself after.

This isn't Diablo loot with 20+ different attributes that can roll different values and can all be modified even further with gems and artifacts and uniques etc. etc. etc. Diablo II loot feels so fucking good because you get shit *constantly* and because there are so many variables, it's hard *not* to find useful loot for *some* scenarios or builds.

The WoW/FF14/MMO loot model is not that. It's hunting after very very specific gear either for style, min-maxing, or simply gear progression so you can do tougher and tougher raids. It makes 98%+ of loot unenthusing and creates the irritation of "ugh, I didn't get what I want this week".

Born2Live

Wrath of the Machine speed clear. Preferably experienced and a suitably high light. Starting when full.

1.oSoLucky(KC_Darkness)
2.Born2Live(Ty_84)
3.thabiz
4.Talos_Al
5.Midshipman
6.lostsupper

Can also send a request to me on PSN.

Thanks for the two 45 minute clears guys. Really enjoyed it.

The amount of DPS being dished out was insane.

Ty

Top Bottom