• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Jabronium

Cleaning up my inventory after IB and noticed an Unbent Tree with: Hammer Forged/Braced Frame, Lightweight, Persistence. Haven't gotten to use it yet, just wondering if it sounds usable on paper.

Born2Live

Cleaning up my inventory after IB and noticed an Unbent Tree with: Hammer Forged/Braced Frame, Lightweight, Persistence. Haven't gotten to use it yet, just wondering if it sounds usable on paper.

I have one the same except I have Focused Fire in the last column. It's one of my favourite drops from IB. Very useful.

It actually would be nice if they released it next Friday instead of Tuesday.

I agree. I'll have to wait till Friday to run as it as I won't have time in the week to try and complete it due to work.

Ty

Jabronium

I have one the same except I have Focused Fire in the last column. It's one of my favourite drops from IB. Very useful.

I agree. I'll have to wait till Friday to run as it as I won't have time in the week to try and complete it due to work.

Ty

Interesting on the auto. What do you run in the first column, hammer forged for range or braced frame for stability?

hoggert

I wonder if NM loot will drop at all in HM, like how you had to do NM to get a Black Spindle from Crota.

Probably not with the way the drops are set up per boss. Vosik part 2 in normal is shottie, fusion, legs. Hard mode for him dropping sniper, sidearm, spliced legs is my lazy guess.

vin-buc

Interesting on the auto. What do you run in the first column, hammer forged for range or braced frame for stability?

Braced frame w/out question. You won't be able to hit anything from range with all that recoil. It's a melt machine close-up (but it's still meh in my opinion).

Pejo

So I've been waiting for my RL friends to catch up and get geared for the raid, but I'm losing my resolve to wait for them. In the meantime, I got both of my alts to 366+. Is that a high enough LL to go through at least the first few fights of the raid? I really want to at least get the quest started for that exotic Pulse if I can.

Hey guys, new player here. I had a copy of the Legendary Edition which had all the DLC till the Taken King (don't have Rise of Iron yet) and I got to level 12 with a character then for some reason just gave up.

I decided to give this game a shot again and for whatever reason, I'm enjoying it a lot more now than I did then. I have a few questions about how I should be going about things for now.

I have the main story line and the DLC quests going on at the same time. I'm level 19 and on par for the story missions but the expansions quests are REALLY easy since I've become a bit too high level for them. Is it worth following up with all the quests or should I just do the main story and get to Light Level 240 or whatever the requirement is and then do the expansion quests with the higher difficulty?

Also is there some sort of guide that I can go through for this sort of stuff? Sorry if it's somewhere obvious and I didn't see it.

hey dude, welcome!
ppl are busy with LFG'ing, and so i wanted to make sure you didn't get left behind :)

here's an OT that will give you a great start for learning what do to, and how to progress.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202454809&postcount=1
the reason it's not in the OT, well, you can read about it. :/

PSN tag is rasengan1337 if you want to add.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So I've been waiting for my RL friends to catch up and get geared for the raid, but I'm losing my resolve to wait for them. In the meantime, I got both of my alts to 366+. Is that a high enough LL to go through at least the first few fights of the raid? I really want to at least get the quest started for that exotic Pulse if I can.

I've finished the raid with people lower than 366.

hey dude, welcome!
ppl are busy with LFG'ing, and so i wanted to make sure you didn't get left behind :)

here's an OT that will give you a great start for learning what do to, and how to progress.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202454809&postcount=1
the reason it's not in the OT, well, you can read about it. :/

PSN tag is rasengan1337 if you want to add.
Thanks for the link.

Yes, I'd read about DrDrizzay's passing on that thread in the gaming section. From all the comments I've read, he seemed like a damn fine person :(

Clunker

What's a good high-impact sniper for the raid? Not sure if I should infuse up my 1000-Yard Stare (the campaign one) or pick one up from a vendor.

Clunker

Absolutely. I did most of the raid at 361, up to the last encounter. At 366 you can finish it with the right group.

I'm still looking for 3 more for a Wed morning raid Eastern time if people are interested - GT is Holden Cawffle.

Absolutely. I did most of the raid at 361, up to the last encounter. At 366 you can finish it with the right group.

I'm still looking for 3 more for a Wed morning raid Eastern time if people are interested - GT is Holden Cawffle.

It really is a nice raid for getting lower LL people through without it being a "carry". You may not do a lot of killing or dps, but you still have to participate and throw charges/slam when empowered. I think there was a 357 on one run the other day.

Sh0k

Braced frame w/out question. You won't be able to hit anything from range with all that recoil. It's a melt machine close-up (but it's still meh in my opinion).

How about Unbent Tree with Perfect Balance, Ligthweight and Counterbalance ? Any good?

Hey! Are we raiding again next saturday? I'm 381 now so Aksis phase 2 will be a piece of cake and I won't be confused. Cause that's what happens at 380+ right?

Top of page edit phase 2 Aksis:

Well I could point you to Light_Night, but I don't want to crush your beliefs.

And yeah it should be Saturday, because Light_Night has classes.

vin-buc

How about Unbent Tree with Perfect Balance, Ligthweight and Counterbalance ? Any good?

From what I've read (or watched) the better of those 2 stability perks is CB but still - good stability perks you got there.

Level both guns up then go to a private match (or wherever) and shoot at a wall from a distance similar to a crucible gun fight (then test going back a few more feet). Analyze the recoil pattern from the bullet holes on the wall. Whatever gives you the tighter spread is what you want to stick with.

hitlerat

Hey guys,

Reading about the "Outbreak Prime quest", can I get a checkpoint from a friend with 4 monitors already and finish later with that CP?

Ty

ch4fx_

Hey guys,

Reading about the "Outbreak Prime quest", can I get a checkpoint from a friend with 4 monitors already and finish later with that CP?

Ty

No, once the host leaves the instance the monitors will be reset.

If 6 people get to Aksis phase 2 with all monitors active, someone (long as it isn't the host) can drop out, let you take their place & you can reap the rewards. However, grabbing the checkpoint one day & coming back to finish it another will not work since that involves leaving an instance.

EDIT - also, the area with the 4th monitor has a chest in it that contains a *guaranteed exotic engram, so it isn't a bad idea to do a full monitor run if at all possible.

*guaranteed once per character, per account.

Sh0k

From what I've read (or watched) the better of those 2 stability perks is CB but still - good stability perks you got there.

Level both guns up then go to a private match (or wherever) and shoot at a wall from a distance similar to a crucible gun fight (then test going back a few more feet). Analyze the recoil pattern from the bullet holes on the wall. Whatever gives you the tighter spread is what you want to stick with.

Thanks!

oSoLucky

Wrath of the Machine speed clear. Preferably experienced and a suitably high light. Starting when full.

1.oSoLucky(KC_Darkness)
2.Born2Live(Ty_84)
3.thabiz
4.Talos_Al
5.Midshipman

Can also send a request to me on PSN.

Trakan

I wonder if NM loot will drop at all in HM, like how you had to do NM to get a Black Spindle from Crota.

I'm wondering the same thing. Each raid has handled drops differently. VoG had double hard mode drops. CE had separate drops for normal/hard. Did CE have double hard mode drops? KF seems to have just dropped both NM/HM items.

I'm wondering if WotM will drop both again, if we'll get double HM drops, or if keys will still have a use in HM.

JJShadow

Thanks for the super quick run Glam, shame about the lag though. Would've been even quicker.

Yeah, thank you everyone for the run guys, that was super quick taking into account we were lagging hard the whole raid

Next goal: beat it in less than 1 hour :p

Wrath of the Machine speed clear. Preferably experienced and a suitably high light. Starting when full.

1.oSoLucky(KC_Darkness)
2.Born2Live(Ty_84)
3.thabiz
4.Talos_Al
5.Midshipman

Can also send a request to me on PSN.

In if you still have room. 385 hunter, PSN: lostsupper

I'm wondering the same thing. Each raid has handled drops differently. VoG had double hard mode drops. CE had separate drops for normal/hard. Did CE have double hard mode drops? KF seems to have just dropped both NM/HM items.

I'm wondering if WotM will drop both again, if we'll get double HM drops, or if keys will still have a use in HM.

Wondering the same for the cache chests. Will it be an extra roll on the hard mode stuff, or an extra roll on both modes' tables? I hope it's the former... Would kinda be a bummer to get more fusion rifles and shotguns from that first chest in hard mode lol

Ambitious

Uh.. is there any difference between the record book gear and the gear dropped in IB, apart from the fact the the latter has ornaments?

ethomaz

Banned
I was doing everything wrong lol

Best way to level up light is using multiple characters.

I was having a hard time trying to level up my Warlock but when I got started my Hunter it already matched and passed my Warlock and today with Nighfall my Warlock passed the Hunter again.

You just need to always use the best gears in light terms before finish the activities or decrypt engrams.

Warlock 369
Hunter 367

Let's work my unless Titan.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Uh.. is there any difference between the record book gear and the gear dropped in IB, apart from the fact the the latter has ornaments?

Some look different, some don't.

Now that IB is over, back to your regularly scheduled train. Mix it up as usual.

Top Bottom