• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I'm happy I kept all the old Raid gear now. That Atheon's Epilogue will come in handy. Got all doubles from the Raid funnily enough. Two Scout Rifles, two Rocket Launchers and two Fusion Rifles. Really happy with the Scout. ^w^

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Question:

Is there a level requirement to procure sublime engrams from public events?

Strider

The second column is not ideal but can anyone give impressions on this handcannon in general? Not even just the perks but the gun itself compared to other HCs.
VEMRMPh.png

Trakan

How are they "handing out"? All the quests are pretty lengthy and enjoyable. I prefer that than having to wait two months to get one gun.

Quests are given to everyone. It doesn't really have anything to do with how long they are or if they are enjoyable. The loot should be desirable. I enjoy the chase. It felt much better getting my Hawkmoon 10 months later than it ever did getting something from a quest.

Where do the Class Items drop during the raid as I've never gotten one after 7-8 completions?

I have a full raid armor set for my Hunter now, well, sans the class item, however, I still prefer Bones of Eao as it is very advantageous in the Aksis arena when it comes to mobility.

Edit: I see it's Aksis, I have plenty of helmets and Chaos Dogma's but no class item.

We've got 1 spot open for a fresh raid run. We aren't doing monitors. Would prefer someone who is 380+ as some of our group is on a time constraint haha.

gt wesley s shark

Quests are given to everyone. It doesn't really have anything to do with how long they are or if they are enjoyable. The loot should be desirable. I enjoy the chase. It felt much better getting my Hawkmoon 10 months later than it ever did getting something from a quest.

Lol, can't say anything other than i strongly disagree. I don't play Destiny for the eternal "loot chase", i play it to have fun with friends.

Zocano

I agree with you. People might call it "artificially inflating game length" but chasing loot is the entirety of loot games.

Trakan

Lol, can't say anything other than i strongly disagree. I don't play Destiny for the eternal "loot chase", i play it to have fun with friends.

Playing the game with friends, doing NFs, raids, trials, etc to chase said loot is my having fun with friends.

What's the fun of having every exotic through a quest/3oC on day one or week one?

Oh, are you on XBOX? Just saw you wrote "GT".

If so, sorry man.

No worries! Probably could have specified other than the GT. Some dude on Xbox just got a random invite, who has never played Destiny according to his profile LOL.

Reposting for new page:

1 spot open for fresh raid on xbox. We aren't doing monitors.

GT: Wesley S Shark

edit: filled.

The second column is not ideal but can anyone give impressions on this handcannon in general? Not even just the perks but the gun itself compared to other HCs.
Well, it's a Thorn-type Hand Cannon which is definitely not the best archetype for PvP without exotic perks to help out. For PvE I'm not actually sure if it can one-shot a bunch of enemies the Palindrome and Judith-D archetypes can, but it's worth a try. All that really matters for PvE HCs are Firefly, a high magazine, a fast reload, and if possible, range perks.

Truesight/ APR/ Triple Tap/ Firefly should be a good build for that weapon in PvE, don't bother in PvP.

Playing the game with friends, doing NFs, raids, trials, etc to chase said loot is my having fun with friends.

What's the fun of having every exotic through a quest/3oC on day one or week one?
I'll tell you the fun.

Playing with other people.

Seriously, I want to enjoy everything available. I could never use the glory that was Y1 Hawkmoon because I didn't get it until a week before TTK. How is that fun?

Well, it's a Thorn-type Hand Cannon which is definitely not the best archetype for PvP without exotic perks to help out. For PvE I'm not actually sure if it can one-shot a bunch of enemies the Palindrome and Judith-D archetypes can, but it's worth a try. All that really matters for PvE HCs is Firefly, a high magazine, a fast reload, and if possible, range perks.

Truesight/ APR/ Triple Tap/ Firefly should be a good build for that weapon in PvE, don't bother in PvP.

That's a god-tier roll with those perks/stats. Good luck with that.

Bungie, please give the Gunsmith something to do again...

Deku Tree

It's good that Bungie got rid of the long no loot section at the beginning of the raid like in VoG and KF. And they put an exotic chest right at the beginning. So nobody cares about CP anymore.

Trakan

I'll tell you the fun.

Playing with other people.

Seriously, I want to enjoy everything available. I could never use the glory that was Y1 Hawkmoon because I didn't get it until a week before TTK. How is that fun?

You're still playing the game with other people while chasing the loot. This is a loot game, (or at least, it was). Playing stuff like the raids and NFs is fun to a certain point, but if I have everything available to me, what's the point?

Why would I do the Undying Mind this week if I had all the loot in the game already?

Zocano

Why would I do the Undying Mind this week if I had all the loot in the game already?

And, unfortunately, unlike Halo, I don't find a lot of inherent joy of just running the strikes. I do to a very small extent, but the enemies and encounters are still not dynamic or varied enough for me to want to replay indefinitely unlike the Halo games.

You're still playing the game with other people while chasing the loot. This is a loot game, (or at least, it was). Playing stuff like the raids and NFs is fun to a certain point, but if I have everything available to me, what's the point?

I saw two 389 primaries and a 388 exotic drop in the three I ran today. That's a decent reason to run the Nightfall on a weekly basis.

I don't know, I don't find fun in having to wait months to get a gun i want. I just want to enjoy all the guns as soon as I can and play the game for what it's meant to be for, which is the people and the shooting.

There was nothing good about RNG exotics because you didn't actually have to work for them, you had to pray that you ever got what you wanted. Why do you think everyone freaked out when Xur sold Gally?

If you're not having fun because there's no loot to chase, then this game ain't for you because this game is about playing with friends, not playing for loot. Why do you think Jigga, Drizz, Unstable, etc. did 3 KF raids every week in TTK even though they were max light and already had all the loot? Why do think Igor, Ape, Biggy, X, etc do multiple Trials runs each week even after they already got all the loot? And those are just a few examples.

lt519

Anyone want to start the Outbreak Prime questline? I have a Hunter or a Warlock at the very first stage. Be looking to do the Nightfall, maybe 3x heroic strikes, 3 pubs.

Trakan

I saw two 389 primaries and a 388 exotic drop in the three I ran today. That's a decent reason to run the Nightfall on a weekly basis.

That's temporary though. Let's assume you're max LL and you have all the loot in the game. Then what?

I don't know, I don't find fun in having to wait months to get a gun a want. I just want to enjoy all the guns as soon as I can and play the game for what it's meant to be for, which is the people and the shooting.

There was nothing good about RNG exotics because you didn't actually have to work for them, you had to pray that you ever got what you wanted. Why do you think everyone freaked out when Xur sold Gally?

If you're not having fun because there's no loot to chase, then this game ain't for you because this game is about playing with friends, not playing for loot. Why do you think Jigga, Drizz, Unstable, etc. did 3 KF raids every week in TTK even though they were max light and already had all the loot? Why do think Igor, Ape, Biggy, X, etc do multiple Trials runs each week even after they already got all the loot? And those are just a few examples.

Well, if that's how you feel about RNG and loot games, then you're playing the wrong game. If the genre doesn't appeal to you, that's fine. It's the reason I originally got into Destiny in the first place. I do enjoy those types of games. I dislike the slow change it's made over time.

You're talking about players who are the 1% even on GAF. Like I said, I enjoy playing the raids and think they're the best content the game has to offer, but if I have literally everything available from them with the perks/rolls I want, I don't see the point in continuing to do them week in and week out.

As for Trials, I would assume they're going for gear playing that much. I could see playing it strictly for the enjoyment/competitiveness, but with connections the way they are I can't see myself personally enjoying that.

37 Shiro bounties done and no Thorn quest. Fuck this stupid RNG, so dumb.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I got one of my Thorn Quests after turning in a normal bounty. I have Thorn Quest on all 3 characters and got the final one at like 20 Shiro bounties. Got my first Thorn quest at 12th Shiro bounty. So basically, I think you should also do normal bounties too. Of course maybe it's just total luck on my part and none on yours.

Well, if that's how you feel about RNG and loot games, then you're playing the wrong game. If the genre doesn't appeal to you, that's fine. It's the reason I originally got into Destiny in the first place. I do enjoy those types of games. I dislike the slow change it's made over time.

You're talking about players who are the 1% even on GAF. Like I said, I enjoy playing the raids and think they're the best content the game has to offer, but if I have literally everything available from them with the perks/rolls I want, I don't see the point in continuing to do them week in and week out.

As for Trials, I would assume they're going for gear playing that much. I could see playing it strictly for the enjoyment/competitiveness, but with connections the way they are I can't see myself personally enjoying that.
Im pretty sure at this point, Bungie has made it clear that they want this to be a game about playing with friends. That's why they won't do raid MM. This game isn't about loot. I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone say they still wouldn't be playing this game if it wasn't for DGAF.

Just because they're the 1%, doesn't mean they aren't good examples. And why would they be going for gear in Trials if they do what seems like 10+ runs a week?

If you don't enjoy the raid because it has no available loot, then I don't know what to tell you, because everyone I've heard talk about this, they say they enjoy it for playing with their friends and that's what this game is about and really has always been about.

Also, about your comment about other RNG games, other RNG games I've played, like Diablo, don't make you wait months to get what you want. I could play for 2 hours in Diablo and get what I want and even more.

Top Bottom