• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

hoggert

Bungie is deathly afraid of letting players have a PDX with Perfect Balance, CounterBalance, and Rifled Barrel. More afraid than talking to girls that aren't their anime pillows.

I got one once from a rep package. Then I accidentally dismantled it since I had around a dozen 45s in my vault and I mistook Smallbore for Rifled . I found my PB CB Smallbore a short time later and was like ehhhhhhh and dismantled it too out of frustration. Now I have no more 45s left. Sad.

Lnkn52

Ahk4rQJ.png

Giving away an extra code for this emblem to one of you lovely people.

TY kindly

Hung Wei Lo

Aksis has no aoe you can castrate him and he can't do anything about it.

He doesn't even have an attack of any kind during dps

I wonder if this will be one of the changes for HM...

Anyhow, all this Dark Drinker talk reminded me that I still have to get it. Is any free later tonight to help me get it?

kidko

Been sitting in Archon's Forge for about 40 minutes, did two offerings by myself (just fused) and DAAAMN is it hard by yourself. I was constantly getting denied axes and the waves took quite a bit longer than usual.

You know you need to destroy the siva offering revealed in the dome to get the axes in the other dome, right?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Happy Yom Kippur or something!
Anyone looking to raid this afternoon?

Mejilan (PSN and GAF) and Bloodwall (PSN, Ryu on GAF) and maybe one more are looking to raid it up. Us two / three know what we're doing, though newcomers are welcome to join us. Probably. :)

Hit us up on PSN if interested. We'd like to start sooner rather than later, but will be Nightfalling or something in the mean time.

Dez_

Bungie is deathly afraid of letting players have a PDX with Perfect Balance, CounterBalance, and Rifled Barrel. More afraid than talking to girls that aren't their anime pillows.
Been holding onto this pdx package forever! I even skipped out on one some weeks back that had PB, CB and Smallbore, because I wanted that rifled barrel and spo-28. Maybe I should have just gone with it.

Ruze789

Most year 1 raid gear is useless due to light level cap. As for Year 2 exotics:

- Raze Lighter for captains
- Dark Drinker for Aksis
- Gjallahorn for all bosses
- Black Spindle for all bosses
- Sleeper Cell for all bosses
- Tlaloc if you like playing as a Sunsinger warlock
- No Time To Explain is great as well

All these weapons can be gotten doing their specific quests. Sword quests will take you like 4-6 hours though. Black Spindle is probably the easiest to get.

There are others great weapons like Zhalo, Mida and Hawkmoon that will drop from exotic engrams.

Thanks a bunch for this! I've been reading up on a lot of the Exotic quests but wasn't sure which ones were worth doing for the current game.

I'm not too interested in getting every exotic so I'd hate to spend all the time to do a lengthy quest and then never ever use it.

And so far I've just got the Mida from Xur, that was one of my favorites in Year 1.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thanks a bunch for this! I've been reading up on a lot of the Exotic quests but wasn't sure which ones were worth doing for the current game.

I'm not too interested in getting every exotic so I'd hate to spend all the time to do a lengthy quest and then never ever use it.

And so far I've just got the Mida from Xur, that was one of my favorites in Year 1.

They are all worth getting imo.

FinKL

Entered for the emblem, doesn't hurt to try right?

So how do you get Black Spindle now? Do you still have to wait for Lost in Light? I never got it for my friends.

JJShadow

We have one free spot.

VoG + CE + KF - starting as soon as we're full
1. Ambitious
2. Zakalwe
3. Silvard
4. xuchu
5. Mrgamer

I don't know if I'll have plenty of time to do all of them (got 2.5 hours or so to play) but I can join you if you still need one

nowai

This Bungie bounty is a joke.

You have to be selected from twitch chat and then face a fireteam of three with two randoms. Bungie pls lol

To be fair, these guys from Bungie are terrible. Poor gun skill aside, they are making a lot of rookie mistakes. Challenging shotguns with a primary while weak, double peaking with snipes, trying to use a hand cannon faaaar outside optimal range.

It really puts it into perspective that these are some of the people responsible for pvp balance and design.

Xeroblade

To be fair, these guys from Bungie are terrible. Poor gun skill aside, they are making a lot of rookie mistakes. Challenging shotguns with a primary while weak, double peaking with snipes, trying to use a hand cannon faaaar outside optimal range.

It really puts it into perspective that these are some of the people responsible for pvp balance and design.

One of those guys from bungie is part of the pvp team too.....

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah I think you are right, it just sucks knowing these are the guys handling pvp.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the PvP team is probably a lot of folks, and that any change is tested and vetted.

Hmmm

Now that I look back at the last IB, maybe I'm mistaken.

SonComet

I have been running Raze Lighter, but after watching Datto's video on the swords against Aksis, I might finally finish the dark drinker quest (just need the final strike, maybe do that this evening). Does more damage than sleeper simulant and ~100k more than Raze Lighter, definitely worth a shot.

I know Gaf kinda hates Datto for his attitude, but I still really appreciate how technical and in-depth he goes into testing for this kind of video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btBa5XNliXE
I just need the strike for dark drinker as well. But I won't be free till after 8PM PST.

oSoLucky

If you wanna spam Fusion Grenades, Starfire Protocol is better than Praxic Fire btw. You'll be able to chuck 2-3 more grenades assuming Tier 5 Discipline if I recall correctly, and you get proper Special/Heavy ammo perks.

It's been a while since I really used any of the double grenade exotics. Do they recharge faster with 2 charges or something? Of so I'll never wear Praxic again lol.

Edit: Just read up on it. I've been running T4 Disc so it's probably close enough that I should go Starfire.

Top Bottom