• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is this Thorn quest worth doing? I read that Thorn was nerfed into oblivion, or something to that effect.

Zakalwe

Banned
My connection is terrible, it keeps shitting the bed. Apologies the three of you who were watching.

Will try this again when my new internet is here!

WeTeHa

So.. I activated all 8 artifacts and got the book prompt, but I didn't get the trophy. Am I missing something, or did that stuff just bug out on me?

ocean

Banned
Is this Thorn quest worth doing? I read that Thorn was nerfed into oblivion, or something to that effect.

Not quite into oblivion. It's not the objective best primary in the game like it was for a long time. But it's still got way higher impact than Hand Cannons in its rate of fire class do. It's still got DoT (now it's reasonable though), still has good range and Final Round and good sights.

If you PvP a lot, Palindrome is arguably a more reliable choice but Thorn is definitely still viable.

So.. I activated all 8 artifacts and got the book prompt, but I didn't get the trophy. Am I missing something, or did that stuff just bug out on me?
It's a known issue. There's tons of them. Grimoire bugging out per character, cards not popping at all (Khovostov Pg. 90, Lady Efrideet, Abomination Heist), emblems not showing up (like the 8 artifact one), emblems being delivered but not showing in the kiosk (IB/Trials). That, coupled with the garbage Fromsoft-tier framerate in the Raid is perhaps the biggest disappointment I've got with this expansion.

There's always been design issues with the game but, slowly or quickly, Bungie has been responsive in addressing them. The game has come super far since launch. But one thing that always stood out was that in a AAA environment chock full of garbage performance, Destiny has always been rock solid 30 fps. All of Y1 game crashing bugs/performance were really not a thing. Y2 brought us Firefly crashing the game. Now Y3 has shit framerate and tons of bugged Grimoire/emblems/trophies.

Feelsbad.png

Known bug. Didn't get the achievement on Xbox either, but got the emblem.

Some people got both, some unlocked the trophy/achievement but didn't get the emblem, and some got nothing at all lol

GhaleonEB

I solo'd this for the first time yesterday - with a bit of jumping finesse you can make it to the top left ledge above where the portal is. From there you can safely pick the boss off (though beware of splash damage).

I couldn't successfully do the jumping properly on a Warlock but was able to do it on my Hunter. Will try with my Titan today.

Thanks for this, I'll check it out.

Can buying engrams from Rahool progress your light level? So far I've bought six legendary engrams and all were at or below my light level for their respective slots. I'm not sure what else to do with my marks.

WeTeHa

It's a known issue. There's tons of them.

Known bug. Didn't get the achievement on Xbox either, but got the emblem.

Some people got both, some unlocked the trophy/achievement but didn't get the emblem, and some got nothing at all lol

Its a known bug, not sure what Bungie is gonna do to fix it.

Thanks. Ugh. I got the emblem but no trophy. Hope bungie fix that stuff soon.

Edit: Ghaleon: I just play the 135-for-3 marks lottery. I already have 2 amazing rolls on my 1kys, but there's nothing else to buy.

Can buying engrams from Rahool progress your light level? So far I've bought six legendary engrams and all were at or below my light level for their respective slots. I'm not sure what else to do with my marks.

Legendary engrams tap out at 365, so that might be your problem.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not quite into oblivion. It's not the objective best primary in the game like it was for a long time. But it's still got way higher impact than Hand Cannons in its rate of fire class do. It's still got DoT (now it's reasonable though), still has good range and Final Round and good sights.

If you PvP a lot, Palindrome is arguably a more reliable choice but Thorn is definitely still viable.

Thanks. Seems the death of the thorn was a bit premature.

How does one even activate the Thorn quest?

Do the weekly archon's forge quests. Eventually you'll get the thorn quest.

Apparently there's a new classic Bungie ARG mystery thing being worked out, just within the past hour, over on Reddit. One of the devs mentioned on stream earlier that there's a code hidden in Last Exit that nobody has found yet. Immediately, people went looking and discovered two things:

1. The subway marquee has a repeating series of characters on it. (as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0lbfozW5YU) There are spaces in the sequence. Using each of the spaces as a new line, it reads:

,33szl'!(

+9-7!!/@

2enr?hqj+r,r+c?)j?96exd.\?i

7kj\psq3euj\@x.yt5

,33szl'!(

...early speculation is that it's a simple character swap code, like if you spelled the word "banana" by adding a letter alphabetically, thus "cbobob", to use a simple example, or "nsmsms"... one key to the right on a standard keyboard, to use another.

The fact that there are non-letter characters is fueling speculation that it's of the keyboard position variety.

Edit: There's another one in Asylum, not the same code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0P-xuM6aMU

2. The other thing people found is that in the subway cars, there are panels where advertisements normally are, and they flash different colors when you jump nearby.

So what does it mean? Do the two things work together somehow? We'll see!

darthbob

Apparently there's a new classic Bungie ARG mystery thing being worked out, just within the past hour, over on Reddit. One of the devs mentioned on stream earlier that there's a code hidden in Last Exit that nobody has found yet. Immediately, people went looking and discovered two things:

1. The subway marquee has a repeating series of characters on it. (as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0lbfozW5YU) There are spaces in the sequence. Using each of the spaces as a new line, it reads:

,33szl'!(

+9-7!!/@

2enr?hqj+r,r+c?)j?96exd.\?i

7kj\psq3euj\@x.yt5

,33szl'!(

...early speculation is that it's a simple character swap code, like if you spelled the word "banana" by adding a letter alphabetically, thus "cbobob", to use a simple example, or "nsmsms"... one key to the right on a standard keyboard, to use another.

The fact that there are non-letter characters is fueling speculation that it's of the keyboard position variety.

2. The other thing people found is that in the subway cars, there are panels where advertisements normally are, and they flash different colors when you jump nearby.

So what does it mean? Do the two things work together somehow? We'll see!

In Vanilla, on Mars, in the Tharsis Junction area there are scrolling marquees that have a simple rotational cipher that displays names of Bungie devs.

It'd be nice if this code was something more, and it certainly doesn't appear to be a ROT encryption, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything cool.

How do I deal with being overwhelmed in PvP? I mean the flashy screens, the blinks, the grenades, the one-shot kill, the loud sounds... It's all just too overwhelming. I play Overwatch all the time and I don't experience any of that, it's only a Destiny thing for me and I've been playing this game since TDB came out. Anyone experience the same thing?

TrueVanguard put out a video earlier today about this type of experience. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnXbvmaavG8

For me, I need lots of water to drink during a PvP session in order to remain focused and alert.

HMD

How do I deal with being overwhelmed in PvP? I mean the flashy screens, the blinks, the grenades, the one-shot kill, the loud sounds... It's all just too overwhelming. I play Overwatch all the time and I don't experience any of that, it's only a Destiny thing for me and I've been playing this game since TDB came out. Anyone experience the same thing?

Hmm. The text on the subway signs say Alpha Regio, Beta Regio, and Ovda Regio. The blue ones say Alpha, the red ones say Beta, the green ones say Ovda, and the yellow ones don't say anything.

Here's a real life map of Venus:

topol.gif

...the three terms are real locations. So is Ishtar, the part where we play in Destiny. The four areas kind of make a ring around "Eistla Regio", which should be south of Ishtar. Maybe there's a new area or something? Down there where that blue/purple lightning is, south of the academy?

ocean

Banned

Some playlists are more chaotic than others. I mean Mayhem is obviously top of the list, but Supremacy Clash and Control are also fairly hectic.

Try 3v3. Elimination, Skirmish and Salvage are, generally speaking, slower paced compared to 6s. You make calculated pushes with your team and try to hold favorable map positions.

Top Bottom