• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Raven117

Alright guardians, need some advice.

What are the thoughts on the following weapons for pve?

Hung Jury (vendor roll with firefly from year 2)
Keystone 01 (triple tap, extended mag, firefly)
Distant Star (firefly)
The Lingering Song (cant remember the perks)

Love both Scouts and Handcannons (but can play with anything)

Thoughts?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think Distant Star sounds so cool and looks so awesome that it's my new go-to gun, even with substandard perks.

LTWood12

Distant Star (firefly)

Thoughts?

Keystone is great for the raid while you're still leveling up. If you're 375+, just use whatever feels best and is the most fun to you.

I think Distant Star sounds so cool and looks so awesome that it's my new go-to gun, even with substandard perks.

I was gonna post a Duane! gif, but you haven't noticed the last couple times i've posted them. smh. I thought we had a bond man.

Raven117

Keystone is great for the raid while you're still leveling up. If you're 375+, just use whatever feels best and is the most fun to you.

I was gonna post a Duane! gif, but you haven't noticed the last couple times i've posted them. smh. I thought we had a bond man.

Thanks LT and Commish.

Im having a hard time deciding (ie, will probably keep all of them).

The Distant star is pretty freakin sweet, but my keystone hits like a truck (but feels slow).

Ah well.

BLCKATK

Anyone interested in doing Wrath of the Machine this evening? In 3 hours or so?

Looking for people that have done it before so we can get in and get out.

Distant Star (firefly)

Thoughts?

I've never played with keystone. But hung Jury was my go-to for an entire year.

It wasn't replaced till I got the raid auto rifle.

LTWood12

Thanks LT and Commish.

Im having a hard time deciding (ie, will probably keep all of them).

The Distant star is pretty freakin sweet, but my keystone hits like a truck (but feels slow).

Ah well.

yeah I've never been a big fan of the high impact scout rifles. But I got a full suto Keystone w/ good stability and it was a good weapon for being underleveled. Now it's back to whatever i'm enjoying in a given week.

commish

Anyone interested in doing Wrath of the Machine this evening? In 3 hours or so?

Looking for people that have done it before so we can get in and get out.

I'd be up for it. Unless I get unrelenting GF aggro.

Duane is always welcome.

gunawi

Keystone 01 high impact scout. If you are lucky and get it with explossive rounds, it will one shot shanks in the WoTM raid.

commish

Aw, thanks pal!

giphy.gif

Raven117

As was mine. Its hard to let it go. (or even if I should).

The Keystone is good, but due to the slow firing it feels heavy, and Im not sure it out DPSs the Distant Star/Mida archtype..where you can tap fast.

Anyone want to group to do Channeling the Corruption on PS4? I'm a Warlock, and haven't done any of it yet. Need to do:

Complete a Nightfall strike
Complete three public events (including Archon’s Forge) in the Plaguelands
Complete three Heroic strikes or Crucible matches
Get 50 kills with a pulse rifle

Arrrammis

Could one person help out with the final strike part of the dark drinker quest? Need to kill the void guy and the final boss within 30 seconds of each other, not hard if we're on comms.

BLCKATK

Looking for 2 more guardians to join me and some other gaffers for wrath of the machine run. Going to be starting in about 45 minutes.

1. Azys_
2. Luna_Wolfey
3. TigerHeli
4. Arrramis

hypernima

Banned
Looking for 2 more guardians to join me and some other gaffers for wrath of the machine run. Going to be starting in about 45 minutes.

1. Azys_
2. Luna_Wolfey
3. TigerHeli
4. Arrramis

I'll help, after all it's Help a Brotha Wednesdays.

Well, I guess shem was first. bummer.

Clunker

I had the most amazing experience with the Exotic sword quest this morning; I finally took the time to finish farming those goddamned Soliton Flares yesterday and got the final Alak-Hul quest, so I figured "what the hell" and loaded up the matchmaking strike on a whim. Spawned into a duo right at Alak-Hul who were waiting for a third for the Arc sword, but I needed the Solar sword warden. We messaged, I said "mind if we try for both" ... And then we just did it easy as pie on the first try. Both of us got the quest resolved and the whole experience took me 10 minutes, all with two randos - and they were super polite and awesome with messages of thanks afterward.

So bizarre.

I also ran my 2nd attempt at WotM and got to Aksis phase 1 again - thanks to RemyDeuxpe for jumping in with my Reddit Dads the100 group, and it took a while but I had a blast and learned how to run Monitors. Even if we didn't seal the deal I learned I still remembered how to read binary!

milkham

shotgun rolls question

party crasher +1
agg balls, rangefinder, reinforced barrel, final round

matador 64
field choke, cascade (melee kills reload portion of mag), reinforced barrel, rangefinder

last ditch
agg balls, hand loaded, hammer forged, rangefinder

i'm thinking the party crasher is still on top?

Mindlog

Is it worth it to try and get a group together to get the black spindle and no time to explain?
We can run Black Spindle right now if you'd like. Later sometime would be better. Just give a heads up of when is good for you. Most high light players can probably solo it now. Very useful.

NTTE has a small niche, but it's a bit trickier trying to get a group together for that.

Top Bottom