• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

shotgun rolls question

party crasher +1
agg balls, rangefinder, reinforced barrel, final round

matador 64
field choke, cascade (melee kills reload portion of mag), reinforced barrel, rangefinder

last ditch
agg balls, hand loaded, hammer forged, rangefinder

i'm thinking the party crasher is still on top?
Definitely the Party Crasher. That's basically a god roll. Rifled barrel and agg balls are all you need and the perks are added bonuses,

Clunker

Is it worth it to try and get a group together to get the black spindle and no time to explain?
If I'm online tonight (depends on how much work I get done) and you haven't done Black Spindle, I'm down to try with you - I may not be able to mic but I still need this!

EDIT: Would any Xboners be available tomorrow (10/13) from 4 to 6 pm Eastern to help me out with Aksis phase 1 and 2? I'd like to finish the raid in full, but stalled out at Aksis Phase 1 today.

I know the mechanics for Phase 1 and have studied Phase 2, just haven't gotten to try it on my own, but I can throw softballs with the best of them and I'd like to think I understand the basic approach to the cannon->servitor cycle. I only really have that 2-hour window to jam, so I'm looking for a quick clear. I'm 387 LL, running Sunsinger w/ Viking Funeral and Touch of Light to help out with DPS.

Eilt

Neo Member
Any raids going? 378 warlock looking for a spot - normal Wednesday group fell through tonight :(

PSN Eilt85

Edit - in one

Arrrammis

Man, the Dark Drinker strat for Aksis is no joke! Two WoL bubbles (one for cannons, one for swords)+melting point+Tether... using 3 cannons and 3 swords, we took out ~60% of his health in a single round. Probably could have done even better if we were all prepared and had the timing down :p

wbarreda

If I'm online tonight (depends on how much work I get done) and you haven't done Black Spindle, I'm down to try with you - I may not be able to mic but I still need this!

EDIT: Would any Xboners be available tomorrow (10/13) from 4 to 6 pm Eastern to help me out with Aksis phase 1 and 2? I'd like to finish the raid in full, but stalled out at Aksis Phase 1 today.

I know the mechanics for Phase 1 and have studied Phase 2, just haven't gotten to try it on my own, but I can throw softballs with the best of them and I'd like to think I understand the basic approach to the cannon->servitor cycle. I only really have that 2-hour window to jam, so I'm looking for a quick clear. I'm 387 LL, running Sunsinger w/ Viking Funeral and Touch of Light to help out with DPS.
I will be on for the next couple of hours if you or anyone else wants to run it. GT is wbarreda

Seeing a lot more thorns than usual today.

I got a second thorn bounty today, if that counts for anything.

LL 380 on all of my characters and the loot drop has significantly staggered ever since IB ended so I think I'm done. Hope to raid sometime this year.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So. After some usage, the dragon hits a little harder than the grasp but at the same time isn't as stable. In a pressure situation the grasp is probably better with every precision needing to count.

Sorry Kadey my brother just got on and wants to run stuff. That guy destroying the entire team with that rocket was hilarious by the way.

Also did you guys have a chat up? I didn't see a party.

rezn0r

alright, i'm glad i saved a ton of exotic engrams until near the end. i used them all at 383 and suddenly more than half my stuff is 386. ghosts are once again my lowest item. maybe i'll try the raid tomorrow!

Sky Walker

I picked this week omolon sniper with StL+FireFly+CasketMag. Shoot to Loot is pretty darn useful "and underrated" during raid encounters.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Always run into something.
rfgfgfgf.gif

Nothus

So. After some usage, the dragon hits a little harder than the grasp but at the same time isn't as stable. In a pressure situation the grasp is probably better with every precision needing to count.

How are your stability stats on both?
I'm torn because I actually got a good roll on my dragon, with decent stability and hidden hand, but it's reduced the mag size to 24.
But then I also have a decent roll on my grasp, giving me very high stability but the final perk is shit and doesn't really add anything to the gun (army of one).

Decisions, decisions...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Tips for Aksis? We can't seem to reach him fast enough when he teleports. The third one is the most problematic.

Communication is key

Empowered people should be

Right
Left
Back Mid

Front Mid gets covered by Left or Right

If he teleports to right, the other 3 positions can be covered
You have to communicate

Communication is key

Empowered people should be

Right
Left
Back Mid

Front Mid gets covered by Left or Right

If he teleports to right, the other 3 positions can be covered
You have to communicate
Yep we do the same. Back mid is back mid only. Left and right cover front mid as they have the shorter distance between their respective side and the lower platform. Was in a couple groups that demanded the back mid guy also cover front mid. Nah, son. That's crazy talk haha.

Nicodemic

It's a cool exotic but not a very effective one :(

It's perk is pretty ridiculous to try and activate in any serious situation and the payoff only looks cool 95% of the time and is effective 5% of the time.

For fun, what if Zen Meteor procced according to your intel level like your super? Would it be too effective?

Top Bottom