• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's a cool exotic but not a very effective one :(

It's perk is pretty ridiculous to try and activate in any serious situation and the payoff only looks cool 95% of the time and is effective 5% of the time.

Yeah. It's definitely in the 'when i want to feel pretty' weapon category.

It's a cool exotic but not a very effective one :(

It's perk is pretty ridiculous to try and activate in any serious situation and the payoff only looks cool 95% of the time and is effective 5% of the time.

I wouldn't say that. It can't quick-scope, and the exotic perk is not something you'll pull off often. But it still has the built-in explosive rounds, and has the highest range, aim assist and base damage of any sniper in the game. It looks cool as hell too.

Jabronium

How's the Keystone 01 from Dead Orbit? I got one at the end of my session last night with High Cal/Outlaw/Firefly, but I'm not sure how it's going to play with no stability perks.

noomi

So I have the full raid armor sets for my hunter & warlock now and I've noticed something a bit odd....

Anyone notice that the WoTM raid shader applied to the hunter raid armor is exactly the same as having no shader applied? However, with the warlock the shader applied to the raid armor looks completely different... more white than red. Wish I remembered to take screenshots.

So I have the full raid armor sets for my hunter & warlock now and I've noticed something a bit odd....

Anyone notice that the WoTM raid shader applied to the hunter raid armor is exactly the same as having no shader applied? However, with the warlock the shader applied to the raid armor looks completely different... more white than red. Wish I remembered to take screenshots.

Yeah, Titan is also almost completely red with that shader. The odd one out is the warlock, though I don't mind because I like the way it looks.

What the fuck is up with the unholy number of people that go AFK in weekly heroic strikes? Why aren't they being kicked? Why are human beings such garbage?!

ocean

Banned

Yeah when I got the last piece of WotM armor on my Hunter I went rushing to the shader kiosk to pick mine up. Put it on..... hold on its not working. In/out of menu. Same thing. The fuck?

I was so confused because it stays literally identical.

Yeah when I got the last piece of WotM armor on my Hunter I went rushing to the shader kiosk to pick mine up. Put it on..... hold on its not working. In/out of menu. Same thing. The fuck?

Wasn't the KF shader the same? I seem to remember putting that on all my raid gear and nothing changed.

I think those shaders were meant to put the raid colors on other armor, which is kinda lame :/

noomi

Yeah, Titan is also almost completely red with that shader. The odd one out is the warlock, though I don't mind because I like the way it looks.

Thanks for the confirmation, wasn't sure if it was maybe some sort of bug.

Ketchup shader!

I think I might be switching back to voidwalker full time in crucible. Just fed up of the endless parade of titan smashes whenever I stormtrance. It's so hard not to get team shot out of it these days, and I could swear they nerfed the time it lasts too. Even when it goes well, it's rare that I'm alive at the end. Nova bomb, on the other hand, means I get to stand my ground when that hammer clang sounds and have them tearing their hair out.

anyone on the news about the code in the last exit? i bet you need a full pvp team on a private match to stand above the signs that say "bravo/alpha" matching the team members

spyder_ur

We need Mayhem Supremacy IB.

We basically just had that, for all intents and purposes. Once you got past the first quarter of an IB supremacy game between the orb boosts, crest boosts, and stat rolls you're almost never going to get killed by anything other than a shotgun or super.

hoggert

Mayhem Supremacy with the current crest physics would be not fun. Nova bombing or slamming or grenades anywhere near crests sends them flying. So by "not fun," I mean absolutely hilarious.

Nobody needs that

Randomly ran by you on Patrol yesterday. Small world.

To me running around and shot gunning people in the face is not what I would call Fun.

You don't need to be doing that though. Scouts are actually super effective in supremacy because everyone's being baited by crests and thinking close quarters. That said, I've developed pull-out-the-shotgun muscle memory when picking up a crest. Even if there's nobody on your radar when you start for it, it seems like 50% of the time somebody swoops in from nowhere and jumps on you.

hoggert

What, no wave?? ;-)

I'm sure you were like, "Whoa, look at that badass looking Titan"!

It was one of those "wait, I recognize that name from GAF but these relic crystals aren't going to collect themselves" moments. I think? Or maybe it was on Earth patrol when I was farming spinmetal for the cores. Never do more than three exotic quests in a day. Second time I've randomly run into an acquaintance in Destiny actually , first time was in Y1 with a coworker's brother's neighbor. We did Skolas once, never talked again, then ran into each other around TTK launch picking up the weekly package from Variks in the Reef.

Clunker

Urghhh - I spent another 1-2 hours with a group stalled out at Aksis phase 2. It was a sherpa group, granted, but people started getting testy even though the sherpa was clear and friendly.

I'm [edit: unfortunate typo, actually 368] LL but I feel like I don't know how best to DPS when it comes to third phase. Should I focus on Radiance and flinging nades non-stop? Or launch a few and then Gally or cannon? I also always feel like I'm out of place and waste time running to get the Weapons bubble - if I was empowered and am far away, is it generally better to just stand my ground and get more Gally shots in, or take the time to run middle and pick up the bubble? I know the fight and am comfortable with all roles, but just feel my inefficiency when it comes time to burn him down.

Also, in a related matter: Anyone on Xbox around Friday, say 4 or 5pm Eastern, to help me seal the deal on the raid? Got the final cp, just need a crew of 5 to help finish the fight.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck this Tex Mechanica quest, fuck it. Why do I have to be good with the Last Word in the crucible anyway? What a stupid fucking thing to come up with. I get just over 1.0 k/d, win the game and it still fucking goes down! Fuck.
Sorry everyone, rant over

eggydoo

Urghhh - I spent another 1-2 hours with a group stalled out at Aksis phase 2. It was a sherpa group, granted, but people started getting testy even though the sherpa was clear and friendly.

I'm 388 LL but I feel like I don't know how best to DPS when it comes to third phase. Should I focus on Radiance and flinging nades non-stop? Or launch a few and then Gally or cannon? I also always feel like I'm out of place and waste time running to get the Weapons bubble - if I was empowered and am far away, is it generally better to just stand my ground and get more Gally shots in, or take the time to run middle and pick up the bubble? I know the fight and am comfortable with all roles, but just feel my inefficiency when it comes time to burn him down.

Gotta use the purple drank. Check out some of the speed run vids out there. There are some groups beating Aksis in 1 to 2 dmg phases.
All dmg phades5 important. Not just the third teleport.

Homeboyd

I'm 388 LL but I feel like I don't know how best to DPS when it comes to third phase. Should I focus on Radiance and flinging nades non-stop? Or launch a few and then Gally or cannon? I also always feel like I'm out of place and waste time running to get the Weapons bubble - if I was empowered and am far away, is it generally better to just stand my ground and get more Gally shots in, or take the time to run middle and pick up the bubble? I know the fight and am comfortable with all roles, but just feel my inefficiency when it comes time to burn him down.

Also, in a related matter: Anyone on Xbox around Friday, say 4 or 5pm Eastern, to help me seal the deal on the raid? Got the final cp, just need a crew of 5 to help finish the fight.
Yeah if the bubble is on the other side of the map, not worth wasting that dps time running over to it. Just stay put.

You should be sniping and/or using sleeper sim/gjally if you're not using a scorch cannon. Ideally you'll have a weapons bubble, someone throwing a viking funeral grenade occasionally and multiple tethers back to back (melting point works as well if you happen to be close to him). You should also be doing a lot of dps between stuns, not just on the final stun. Don't wait to damage him on the 3rd stun only.

Your scorch guys should be using ALL shots in the cannons before the dps phase ends. But again, the weapons bubbles, viking nades, melting points and tethers help a lot. I usually cycle through a mag or 2 of sleeper sim, switch to sniper, and end with dogma while throwing grenades in between.

noomi

Fuck this Tex Mechanica quest, fuck it. Why do I have to be good with the Last Word in the crucible anyway? What a stupid fucking thing to come up with. I get just over 1.0 k/d, win the game and it still fucking goes down! Fuck.
Sorry everyone, rant over

Ahh yes, the Chaperone quest...many rages were had by me as well.

Hot Tip: Have TLW equiped but kill people with special/heavy weapons. It counts towards it ;)

Probably late on this question: what other armor can you apply ornaments to?

Trials Armor and Iron Book Armor as far as I know...

shermas

Still no Thorn bounty... It's supposed to pop up when we turn in those new Vanguard bounties, right? I still have a couple to do on my Hunter.... Fingers crossed.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh yes, the Chaperone quest...many rages were had by me as well.

Hot Tip: Have TLW equiped but kill people with special/heavy weapons. It counts towards it ;)

I gave up on it that way last time because it's just too slow of a grind. I can't take it either way. One day I need to jump in a PvP group and complete it like that I think. I can't take the design of the quest, for me it's just awful. The fact you can really do well and the percentage goes down is just insane.

For your first kill I would just go as standard as possible to make things less complicated. If a cannon is available to you then by all means use it after the third teleport during DPS phase especially as a 388 LL, beyond that go with a combination of a high impact sniper, rocket launcher/Sleeper, and super.

Standing your ground and unloading is probably the best option when Empowered away from the Weapons of Light than wasting time running to it (although you'd have to crunch some numbers to see which option is better and even then there are variables to consider).

I'd like to help you out and will probably be available around that time tomorrow.

GT: MythicReclaimer

PuMa

It was one of those "wait, I recognize that name from GAF but these relic crystals aren't going to collect themselves" moments. I think? Or maybe it was on Earth patrol when I was farming spinmetal for the cores. Never do more than three exotic quests in a day. Second time I've randomly run into an acquaintance in Destiny actually , first time was in Y1 with a coworker's brother's neighbor. We did Skolas once, never talked again, then ran into each other around TTK launch picking up the weekly package from Variks in the Reef.

Haha, I was farming my last few crystals on Mars last night so it was probably there.

-data-

WOL grants an extra 25% damage without the Illuminated perk and 35% with it so I think it is definitely worth the few seconds you lose getting to it. Also, considering how high your LL is you should always try use a cannon as you'll do a LOT of damage.

Top Bottom