• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

noomi

Still no Thorn bounty... It's supposed to pop up when we turn in those new Vanguard bounties, right? I still have a couple to do on my Hunter.... Fingers crossed.

It's random, same as in year 1. Some have gone 30+ quests without is popping up :(

I gave up on it that way last time because it's just too slow of a grind. I can't take it either way. One day I need to jump in a PvP group and complete it like that I think. I can't take the design of the quest, for me it's just awful. The fact you can really do well and the percentage goes down is just insane.

This might be helpful to you :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...isconceptions_about_completing_the_chaperone/

ocean

Banned
Supremacy IB was the best IB ever.

Clash and Control are just a pain to play solo. Supremacy is lovely. Playing Clash for this week's Shaxfall is making me realize how much better Supremacy plays when solo queuing than other 6s modes.

PuMa

Supremacy IB was the best IB ever.

Clash and Control are just a pain to play solo. Supremacy is lovely. Playing Clash for this week's Shaxfall is making me realize how much better Supremacy plays when solo queuing than other 6s modes.

Oh man, totally the opposite for me.

Fuck this Tex Mechanica quest, fuck it. Why do I have to be good with the Last Word in the crucible anyway? What a stupid fucking thing to come up with. I get just over 1.0 k/d, win the game and it still fucking goes down! Fuck.
Sorry everyone, rant over

The scoring system for that quest is messed up.

Kill: +1
Precision Kill: +2
Death: -2
Win: +4
Loss: -4

So basically you need to win all the time, go positive, and all your kills need to be precision kills.

Or, you could go cheese mode: just equip TLW 15 seconds before your team is about to win and take the +4.

Using a build with the Achlyophage Symbiote (extra Golden Gun shot) helm, Days of Iron armor (increased Hand Cannon ammo and reload speed), Chain of Woe perk activated (essentially gives me the Outlaw perk), and the Palindrome hand cannon has made my Hunter into the Magnificent Gunslinger he deserves to be.

-data-

So basically you need to win all the time, go positive, and all your kills need to be precision kills.

Or, you could go cheese mode: just equip TLW 15 seconds before your team is about to win and take the +4.

Wonder if this can be completed in a private matches. Anybody know?

hoggert

Going on streaks adds a ton of percentage for the quest too. Equip TLW right before using a roaming super and unequip it right after. Mayhem Clash helps.
Wonder if this can be completed in a private matches. Anybody know?
I haven't tested it personally, but Bungie said sword/first curse/etc wouldn't work in Private matches.

Homeboyd

Yeah um, the Chaperone thing can be done in private matches. Kills are worth like .1% each or something crazy low, BUT wins are still worth 3% each. You can have someone join and leave over and over if you're really talking about wanting to cheese the pvp part.

You're welcome.

-data-

Going on streaks adds a ton of percentage for the quest too. Equip TLW right before using a roaming super and unequip it right after. Mayhem Clash helps.

I haven't tested it personally, but Bungie said sword/first curse/etc wouldn't work in Private matches.

Dang. Unlikely then.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

I think my problem in that match was ability kills don't count (but double down/killstreaks do) so even though I went 1.0k/d and won there weren't enough weapon kills. It's just too frustrating for me. I suppose I'll try to do it slowly when winning matches. I hadn't done that until now because unfortunately crucible drops are tied to your light level at the end of the match and my TLW was dragging me down. That isn't the case any more though.

I would literally pay to trade my matador for a god roll imago. Bungie pls.

FBvCp8R.png

So I have the full raid armor sets for my hunter & warlock now and I've noticed something a bit odd....

Anyone notice that the WoTM raid shader applied to the hunter raid armor is exactly the same as having no shader applied? However, with the warlock the shader applied to the raid armor looks completely different... more white than red. Wish I remembered to take screenshots.
The different rings of a shader effect each class differently. It's why you can have Abydos Common on a Hunter look exactly the same as Amduat Ink on a Warlock and why the glowy bits of Ascendant Plane and Kingspyre hardly effect a Hunter.

E92 M3

Iron Banner Supremacy was by far my favorite IB of all time. Just chaos, loot everywhere and fun trains.

Love, love Supremacy.

Sheesh. Still struggling to get raid ready. I'm 359 and hoping to get to 365 by next weekend.

I'm running Sepiks over and over and I get bored to death after about 3 of them in a row. The light drops are so incremental.

Bleh. Keep trucking, I guess.

I would literally pay to trade my matador for a god roll imago. Bungie pls.

FBvCp8R.png

Does the Imago Loop even drop with a chance at different perks or is it locked into a particular set considering it comes from a Skeleton Key chest now?

I have a couple Imago's with Firefly but no Outlaw (could remedy with Chain of Woe) and the range isn't up to par.

PuMa

Does the Imago Loop even drop with a chance at different perks or is it locked into a particular set considering it comes from a Skeleton Key chest now?

I have a couple Imago's with Firefly but no Outlaw (could remedy with Chain of Woe) and the range isn't up to par.

Perks are not locked in. Mine has Outlaw and Hidden Hand, which I'm quite happy with actually.

X-Frame

I never got a Fatebringer so I would love a pseudoFB Imago Loop roll.

Any keys I get from here on I'll use on that chest and hope for the best.

SkylineRKR

I gave up on it that way last time because it's just too slow of a grind. I can't take it either way. One day I need to jump in a PvP group and complete it like that I think. I can't take the design of the quest, for me it's just awful. The fact you can really do well and the percentage goes down is just insane.

I finished that within 3 games not long after TTK came out. If you're going down it means you're being headshotted by TLW, I think this deducts the most points. But it can be over very quickly, streaks and headshots count towards it fast. One amazing match and you might get it. I got it during a Reign of Terror with TLW equipped but I camped heavy and used shotgun.

You can also only equip TLW during a Super and heavy phase, then go ham and put it away. Or equip right before a win. That will take long, but will guarantee success.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You can also only equip TLW during a Super and heavy phase, then go ham and put it away. Or equip right before a win. That will take long, but will guarantee success.

This is what I did, if I remember correctly. Doesn't actually take that long.

FinKL

Sheesh. Still struggling to get raid ready. I'm 359 and hoping to get to 365 by next weekend.

I'm running Sepiks over and over and I get bored to death after about 3 of them in a row. The light drops are so incremental.

Bleh. Keep trucking, I guess.

Do dailies! You can get 30(both PvE & PvP dailies) + 45 (first public event 15x3 characters) marks per day + 3 legendaries that cap at 365. Also I don't see this mentioned a lot but Use those marks to buy Unidentifed pieces from the crypt arches as they decrypt when bought to 365! Buy your lowest light first too.

Unfortunately this can't guarantee ghost/artifact. For me I always had enough class items to decrypt where one turned into an artifact

Delete your Y1 armor. There is absolutely no reason to hold on to it. You can most certainly part with some shit.

Never! What if I want to raid VOG while IN vog gear? WHAT WOULD I DO

yeah i should, i have ~60 engrams though just waiting to see if next week will update purple engrams to decode higher (I suspect they will NOT). after that it should be clear vault space for days!!

I love supremacy iron banner, it basically means close quarter combat rules and people who actually get up into faces tend to score really well. Sucks to be a sniper!

Anyone else get total crap from the weekly PVP bounty? Clash, 25 primary kills yadda yadda. I got a blue engram and a mote of light. WTF, I thought rewards were supposed to be on par with nightfall :(

Raven117

Iron Banner Supremacy was by far my favorite IB of all time. Just chaos, loot everywhere and fun trains.

Love, love Supremacy.

I agree. Best time I had in Iron Banner since the game dropped.

Leveling to rank 5, leveling alts, the loot dropping, the mayhem that is fairly over the top enough to not get too mad (ie, not Trials), and it was just a lot of fun to play.

Clunker

For your first kill I would just go as standard as possible to make things less complicated. If a cannon is available to you then by all means use it after the third teleport during DPS phase especially as a 388 LL, beyond that go with a combination of a high impact sniper, rocket launcher/Sleeper, and super.

Standing your ground and unloading is probably the best option when Empowered away from the Weapons of Light than wasting time running to it (although you'd have to crunch some numbers to see which option is better and even then there are variables to consider).

I'd like to help you out and will probably be available around that time tomorrow.

GT: MythicReclaimer
Thanks for advice and ideas - I had a rather unfortunate typo, as I'm actually 368LL, not 388. I'm still fairly low, so that's definitely a factor here too. My Radiance is mostly for a clutch revive, but I pop whenever we get to that third phase. If you are available that'd be awesome - I think I need to run it once with a crew that definitely knows the fight so I can figure out if I'm actually the weak link or not! My GT is Holden Cawffle.

And thanks to all advice above - I,ve definitely been taking potshots with primary and sniper during other phases, and I don't have Dark Drinker but I do have a Raze Lighter I can get up to about 368. Unsure if that or Gjally would be my best bet, or if I should infuse the Sleeper instead. I don't have the stamina to grind out another sword just yet.

Just feeling a little salty since I stayed up until almost 3am last night to bash my head against a group that started falling apart after all those wipes in a row. First phase, they knocked out out on second try with no prior experience (other than me and the sherpa).

Top Bottom