• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

I've pugged all my aksis kills and the difference between a group under 380 and one above 380 is night and day, just due to the damage taken and the damage dealt. If at all possible I would do the grind to 375+ first, its unfortunate you missed out the iron banner grind since it made it fairly easy to go from 365 to 375-380 with all the bounties. Some people didn't "min-max" their IB quests and turned in everything at like light 350 or so and capped out at 360-365, and its much harder to grind out from 365-380 as they sadly realized.

Some other general tips: make sure everyone knows about pillar LOSing aksis. He won't toss red clouds at your side if you two are out of LOS. Left and right can just keep a pillar between him and them, middle can use those portable wall things. Its important to call out which side he is on so people can adjust slightly. You only have to move a few steps, not bounce out to a new pillar.

Obviously kill all the adds before you down the captain. Communicating is key for empower, you should be calling out left, right, front, back and having a quick strat for when two people are on the same side - 6 people shouldn't talk, just the two people who are on the same side. In the first teleport the left and right sides can cover front, and mid guy covers just the back. After that you never have him teleport to where he is already, so that guy covers another spot - ie if he is left, and its 2nd teleport, left guy can cover front, 2nd guy back, 3d guy right. One person on each side should use a sword (razer or void) to kill the captain, its far more effective than gallyhorn and will take one R2 + 1-2 R1s to kill him, and in melee range he won't rocket. Pillar hump to get near him out of LOS, then rush in and kill him while other guy maybe tosses a rocket. Clear all the adds FIRST though, a shank sniping you while you attack the captain will kill you.

Finally next week we should see it easier getting up to 380+, with definitely new sources of ghosts and artifacts and possibly more higher light gear from existing sources (unconfirmed).

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Sheesh. Still struggling to get raid ready. I'm 359 and hoping to get to 365 by next weekend.

I'm running Sepiks over and over and I get bored to death after about 3 of them in a row. The light drops are so incremental.

Bleh. Keep trucking, I guess.

Archon Forge is a really good source for engram drops and also drops weapons and armor up to 365. Just doing the weekly Archon Forge bounties there will you up an entire vanguard level. pop some Fallen Ether and buy weapon parts from all your glimmer. You should have 30 engrams after an hour in the forge. Even if they are blues, at least 5 of them will turn into legendary gear.

I am not saying spend the whole day there but dont just grind strikes. You should be playing Challenge of Elders as well.

Once you hit level 360. Join a raid group. You wont be a liability until maybe the last phase of the last boss. Even then there is really only one section where you can get killed. Just hang back and play it safe and you can easily do the raid at 360.

vctor182

Finally 365, IB boosted me all the way, gave me a 364 Ghost after a match and a 365 Artifact for rank 5 so my shackles are no more!...for a while that is...

I also got a perfect rolled AR
P5f6ee6.jpeg

And a very nice RL

AEREC

Are there any crucible pulse rifles that have the same aesthetic as Hex Caster, Grim Citizen, Cryptic Dragon, etc...

I've got a pretty good hopscotch pilgrim (rangefinder, perfect balance, full auto) but the gun design is ugly as hell.

i am playing the world's smallest violin for you, this very second. XD

Yeah, I know...but it's all relative.

I got my ghost at the start of IB, since then all of my equipment is 385+. I've done 3 raids, rank 5 IB plus a bunch of extra matches on two toons, 3 shaxxfalls, 4 nightfalls, some trials packages, and probably 30 rank ups. Not one legendary ghost.

E92 M3

The only god roll there is, Outlaw + any range perk + firefly.

I want to grab the guy who created the skeleton keys system and punch him in the face so bad, he killed farming.

They did kill farming unfortunately.

108/108 armor vault.

can't part with anything else.

guardians' inventory full too.

Where am I going to put all the news masks this year?!?

I agree, the lack of space is killing my enjoyment of getting loot. Hell, my postmaster has exotics in it due to lack of space. I wish there was an item to max out weapons instead of infusion fuel.

Yeah, I know...but it's all relative.

I got my ghost at the start of IB, since then all of my equipment is 385+. I've done 3 raids, rank 5 IB plus a bunch of extra matches on two toons, 3 shaxxfalls, 4 nightfalls, some trials packages, and probably 30 rank ups. Not one legendary ghost.

oh - dang.
i can see the cause for your complaint then... there aren't any other activities that can really drop a ghost for you that you haven't already done :/

anywho, wanna help me level my titan? XD

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Does the perfectionist perk work like black spindle and hammer. I got a sniper to drop with it. Would be useful for bosses obviously.

oh - dang.
i can see the cause for your complaint then... there aren't any other activities that can really drop a ghost for you that you haven't already done :/

anywho, wanna help me level my titan? XD

I'd trade two exotic engrams for a ghost. Anyway, what do you need help with? IB was an awesome source for infusion fuel. If you're in the 365 range, get a raid going. I'll be around tomorrow morning and would love to help.

I'd trade two exotic engrams for a ghost. Anyway, what do you need help with? IB was an awesome source for infusion fuel. If you're in the 365 range, get a raid going. I'll be around tomorrow morning and would love to help.

yeah, i got a few LL from IB, but sitting around 350 LL doesn't really make playing the power-enabled IB much fun. :/
Ares, and co., ran me up to aksis phase 2 a couple nights ago, and i got 6 LL from the armor, ghost, and FR i got from that, so that was awesome - i hear you about running the raid. i intentionally brought in my titan much earlier than i was intending just for that reason. i also want to double my shots at the thorn bounty :)
hunter is currently at 359, and titan at 355, so prolly just need to do AF to get my titan sitting prettier.

yeah, i got a few LL from IB, but sitting around 350 LL doesn't really make playing the power-enabled IB much fun. :/
Ares, and co., ran me up to aksis phase 2 a couple nights ago, and i got 6 LL from the armor, ghost, and FR i got from that, so that was awesome - i hear you about running the raid. i intentionally brought in my titan much earlier than i was intending just for that reason. i also want to double my shots at the thorn bounty :)
hunter is currently at 359, and titan at 355, so prolly just need to do AF to get my titan sitting prettier.

Personally, I'd devote as much time as possible to one the hunter until LL 370ish. Do every bounty possible, AF, sepkis perfected, and don't forget about the free legendary on the first public event every day.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So, after going through all the trouble of getting the gjallarhorn, am I crazy or is the sleeper simulant better?

If a captain is running at you, the ballerhorn is far, far better. If there is a group of enemies, the ballerhorn is far, far better. If there is one target that you can unload on, then SS is better. They have very different uses.

-data-

Trying to join the Bungie clan DestingGAF EU, but it's not accepting members right now. Any idea if there's a DestinyGAF EU 2? Can't see it in the alliance nav.

FinKL

For a single target, Sleeper is definitely a better option (especially if you have fusion rifle + heavy ammo armor perks.)

Do the + Fusion Ammo on arms/boots give it? I thought it didn't work and only the + Heavy Ammo works from Chest/Boots from Exotics

SkylineRKR

Love the Sleeper. I think you can get up to 11 shots. You need to crit and won't crowd control but the damage is rather insane. I think we 2 manned Shadow Thief for cloak farm, and Taniks died before or during warp during the final battle. I mostly one or 2 shotted Daily bosses with it too.

Clunker

Never! What if I want to raid VOG while IN vog gear? WHAT WOULD I DOl
I think it would be amazing if we had special Festival of the Lost quests for dressing up in VoG gear to run VoG, or the same for Crota. Call it Festival of the Loot trick-or-treating for a guaranteed exotic engram.

Rehsa

So I had crappy luck with LL drops in IB, didn't really move from 353. I didn't have a problem being so low either. My PC+1 didn't care about your LL, which I didn't remember I had in the vault lol.

Was at home with a sick kid yesterday so ran 3 heroic strikes and didn't get much loot (titan mark from Undying Mind RIP) so moved on to Sepkis and in 9 strikes went up to 359 close to 360. Got an artifact and a Hawkmoon from a blue engram also. A+ will grind more tonight

Top Bottom