• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

I'd have another alt to run and it would probably be easier to find a group on the weekend, so yeah I’d be down for another one tomorrow. GT: ThingontheFloor if you’d like to add a while and we can see what the interest is like then. edit: NM we're on each other's list already. Will keep you in mind!

Sounds good

LiK

so i guess i'll keep all the Raid weapons just in case and see if i like them for use in the Raid itself.

LOL. I did and got a Perfected. Very hard. Just failed like 4 in a row.

Yeah perfected needs a few well-leveled players in there to crush it. I feel your pain. I either get nobody in the Forge or like 8 or so people going straight ape-shit on perfected back to back lol. It's a one or the other for me.

LiK

the only Perfect Offering I found not super hard was the Servitor one. The Vandal one was ridiculous.

JJShadow

We need two people for Stage 2 of final raid boss guys, trying to get it down for monitors. Someone experienced would be nice!

PSN is JJShadow77

Deku Tree

Hard mode will be the real test (and hopefully Challenges the realer test)

Honestly Challenge mode HM KF was great because it gave max light gear and the KF raid was super stingy with gear. You might not get a loot drop at all. And when you did it could drop anywhere from 310-320. You could be a 318 and you had a high chance to get a 310 piece of gear. Honestly the closer you got to 320 the lower your chances were of getting a useful piece. So challenge mode was like giving water to starving guardians who had been crawling toward a mirage in the desert.

Now we have the "up to" LL drop system, and every boss has a guaranteed drop. So it's no longer such a struggle to get "on level" for the content. So it doesn't feel like Challenge mode is such a big deal anymore, unless they give us something else for doing Challenge mode.

E92 M3

Can someone please explain the difference between the range and stability stats for weapons?

A weapon with higher stability will have less recoil - your bullets go straight (consecutive shots). You definitely want high stability for Pulse rifles and Auto Rifles. The range is slightly more complicated. Higher range means that damage doesn't drop across a larger distance. The weapon classes have a different modifier for their respective range perks. Scouts will always shoot the furthest; while ARs and Hand cannons will be for closer range combat. You want as much range as possible on hand cannons and shotguns especially.

stay gold

Can someone please explain the difference between the range and stability stats for weapons?

Stability basically effects how much your reticle moves while shooting. Range affects damage drop off distance, aim assist, and with hand cannons whether your shot will hit your opponent or the moon.

Comms

Neo Member
Hey, anyone up for a BLIND raid.

I posted about this a yesterday but I have not heard back from the people that said yes then. So I'm opening it up.

1. Comms_12389
2. Devrajin
3, litbambus
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

We are look to start tonite. So add me on PSN: Comms_12389

Thanks, remember this is Blind and first time.

Zocano

Now we have the "up to" LL drop system, and every boss has a guaranteed drop. So it's no longer such a struggle to get "on level" for the content. So it doesn't feel like Challenge mode is such a big deal anymore, unless they give us something else for doing Challenge mode.

Well that wasn't exactly what I was talking about it. Just meant the raid weapons will be the most useful for hard and/or CM modes.

I do think the way LL drops work at the moment is the best for year 3. Not the 350+ grind but moreso the guaranteed progress from raid gear.

I still hope hard mode (or CM) is locked to 410. I think the game is too easy overall at "on-level".

excowboy

DestinyGAF - I'm hyped as fuck! Put about 300+ hours into Year One on Xbox 360 but then ducked out before TTK as we had a baby. Just picked up the cheap PS4 in the UK and I'm literally staring at ROI title screen as I type ready to jump back in after a year long Destiny itch! Have been lurking the threads for a while and hope to join in some more, but feel free to add me on PSN - excowboy83 - especially UK Gaffers :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Raid fusion rifle is fantastic. Makes quick work of everything, save for the captains.
I believe it's in my top 3 fusions ever. An absolute treat. The AA and crouch accuracy, holy cow. Plus the perk is wonderful and that activation noise is so sexy for an FR.

X-Frame

Enhanced Offerings go down in 0.7 seconds, Fused 0.3 seconds, but Perfected have about 40x as much health.

There really is a huge disparity between Enhanced and Perfected in terms of difficulty.

Enhanced Offerings go down in 0.7 seconds, Fused 0.3 seconds, but Perfected have about 40x as much health.

There really is a huge disparity between Enhanced and Perfected in terms of difficulty.
Raze-lighter doesn't care. Tether and uppercut :)

But yes, huge difference.

Deku Tree

Well that wasn't exactly what I was talking about it. Just meant the raid weapons will be the most useful for hard and/or CM modes.

I do think the way LL drops work at the moment is the best for year 3. Not the 350+ grind but moreso the guaranteed progress from raid gear.

I still hope hard mode (or CM) is locked to 410. I think the game is too easy overall at "on-level".

You want a WotM Ultra-Nightmare difficulty setting?

You can always lock yourself at 390 when you plan the 400 LL WotM HM right?

Any new Three of Coin "farming" methods i should know about? Last time i was in Destiny on a regular it was farming Draxis i think... but i think i remember they killed that, right?

Anyone here hate trials as much as I do and just wanna get the book thing done?!

I kinda stopped caring about Trials after I got the Hunter Armor set last year. It's still one of the best looking sets in the game, though I think I may have accidentally discarded the boots. I might jump back in at some point, but for now, I really just want to get those 5 passages done. If I could run it solo, I would.

KdylanR92

I wanted to get back into destiny when Taken King came out and just got around to it.

So how's the new player experience? If i started at lvl 1 would I have trouble finding people for the co-op missions? or if i'm just patrolling, would i see people on a similar level.

Messiek

I kinda stopped caring about Trials after I got the Hunter Armor set last year. It's still one of the best looking sets in the game, though I think I may have accidentally discarded the boots. I might jump back in at some point, but for now, I really just want to get those 5 passages done. If I could run it solo, I would.

Join me then. Hehe
I really just want to get the book completed.
I'll be home around 2pm pst

Zocano

You want a WotM Ultra-Nightmare difficulty setting?

You can always lock yourself at 390 when you plan the 400 LL WotM HM right?

I want something worthy of having hard mode or challenge mode slapped on it.

Also they have said HM is 385LL but they also said NM is 360 LL so.

Take that as you will.

Top Bottom