• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

If I play Trials at 365 is that going to mess with the palindromes 1 headshot 2 bodies and make it unusable?

I want to just play for the bounty really.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Still not good enough to make me change my emblem though.

Trials will be the easiest to do this week because of the year three casuals getting their fill.

Clunker

Can't wait to fail five Trials tickets this weekend and knock that accomplishment out of the record book! All seriousness, I'm pretty middling at PvP, so Trials is still fun for me, but I highly doubt I'll ever get to the Lighthouse. And that's just fine (wipes away tears)
I'd love to stumble into the door with you at the Trials party! I just finished playing enough to grab bounties, I'm also so-so at Crucible but if you need another hit me up.

I also got a 360 Truth to drop from Trials bounties, but I feel torn; it's like I'm cheating on the Gjallarhorn, and this whole expansion feels like it's the 'horn's birthday party. :(

soultron

Banned
Had a Hawkmoon drop from a blue WTF

I think, anyway. I was mashing X to go through my engrams (didn't have any Exotic engrams) and it popped up in the reward pop ups.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
How so?

I grabbed 3 FWC armour packs today. I got +1/2 LL stuff pretty consistently. No ghosts though.

Because when I was 384 last week I was consistently getting 385+ items. Now that I'm 387, I opened nearly a dozen packages and 99% of them were 385s.

soultron

Banned
Because when I was 384 last week I was consistently getting 385+ items. Now that I'm 387, I opened nearly a dozen packages and 99% of them were 385s.

Interesting. Maybe they're trying to cap them at 385 now?

I was 375 this morning, and was getting 376 + 377s from the packages I got. I'm 376 now, thanks to the packages.

If you are running trials just for the book and leaving orbit every game, do not leave orbit on the final loss game (3d game) as it will not correctly mark the trials passage as complete.

I don't think you should leave orbit anyways, its fun just playing even if you lose on the new map it goes by super fast, like 2 mins or less per game.

Its worth running just for gear upgrades, I got 3 pieces of 372 armor (I'm 369) and 1 372 pulse weapon just from running the 20-25 games needed for the book.

shermas

I bought like 200 3oC from Xur today... I feel like exotic engrams are the best way to rank up and I've had decent luck farming those bosses at the end of the Iron Tomb mission. Plus, if your gloves (for example) are the thing holding you back, you can actually choose to roll out those engrams, as opposed to hitting 'armor' and crossing your fingers with your faction guy.

I can't seem to get exotic heavy engrams to drop, though. Everything else has been pretty consistent.

flawless

Edit Top of Page: It's been a crazy two weeks. My sleeping schedule is all out of wack.

l36K0_s-200x150.gif

You guys are up at like 4am in the morning just logging off.

I don't know how you all are able to even get on the next day!

Kyne

I've actually read somewhere that opening packages right below the soft caps (365 and 385) will net you a higher increase in LL on the item.

Maybe try putting yourself at 384 and decrypting. See if the results are different.

Deku Tree

In KF you could get a 3oC to proc off three bosses. And if you were scrubby at Oryx you might even get multiple exotic engrams in the shade.

So why is there only one boss in WotM that can proc a 3oC? Seems dumb. Should be all three. Those of us that mostly just raid lose out on 3oC.

PvPers even get to proc a 3oC after each game they play.

Bungie nobody wants to grind strikes for them 3oC engrams.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've actually read somewhere that opening packages right below the soft caps (365 and 385) will net you a higher increase in LL on the item.

Maybe try putting yourself at 384 and decrypting. See if the results are different.

Wow. You are right. First package 387 ghost and 386 weapon.

GbEdpwZ.png

shermas

In KF you could get a 3oC to proc off three bosses. And if you were scrubby at Oryx you might even get multiple exotic engrams in the shade.

So why is there only one boss in WotM that can proc a 3oC? Seems dumb. Should be all three. Those of us that mostly just raid lose out on 3oC.

PvPers even get to proc a 3oC after each game they play.

Bungie nobody wants to grind strikes for them 3oC engrams.

And I found out that the Iron Tomb CP doesn't save... You have to run back down to those bosses to start the farming. UGH.

soultron

Banned
Hey, a buddy and I are playing Trials, is anyone solo here needing a team? We will take you! (We're laid back and not super serious.)

PSN souitron

MechDX

Just FYI for everyone looking to do Forge with no group.

I have done the "duck walk trick" that was mentioned in the last OT and it has worked all 7 times I have tried it. Always get a group doing Forge and I just jump right in

I am going to main exotic boots on each character.

Titan - Dunemarchers

Hunter - Bones

Warlock - Transversive Steps

I haven't tried the other two classes with those setups but there is no going back after using a Hunter with Bones of Eao and having a quadruple jump. The mobility is incredible. Add an Xbox Elite controller with sprint on back-left paddle and jump on back-right and it is pure mobility-bliss. Been using it for a long time now with the exception of running a Celestial Nighthawk now and again.

X-Frame

Can someone please make sure I have the general gist of obtaining the 4th monitor in the raid:

4 players go into the canister room and each are assigned a quadrant.

2 players hang out in the server room with 1 at the left side monitor and 1 at the right side monitor.

The 4 players in the canister room have to start the monitor sequence by all jumping on 4 canisters which are always the same, and the picture is on Reddit everywhere.

If successful, a loud sound will be heard indicating it's time for the 2 players at their respective monitor (in the server room) to start directing the 4 players in the canister room, starting with the player in Quadrant 00.

Both 2 players at the server monitors convert the binary numbers to decimal and Left monitor player says "Column X" and Right monitor player says "Row Y".

Repeat for players in Quadrants 01, 02, 03.

If successful, the black diamond opens and you're done.

Is that the basic gist?

Can someone please make sure I have the general gist of obtaining the 4th monitor in the raid:

2 players hang out in the server room with 1 at the left side monitor and 1 at the right side monitor.

The 4 players in the canister room have to start the monitor sequence by all jumping on 4 canisters which are always the same, and the picture is on Reddit everywhere.

If successful, a loud sound will be heard indicating it's time for the 2 players at their respective monitor (in the server room) to start directing the 4 players in the canister room, starting with the player in Quadrant 00.

Both 2 players at the server monitors convert the binary numbers to decimal and Left monitor player says "Column X" and Right monitor player says "Row Y".

Repeat for players in Quadrants 01, 02, 03.

If successful, the black diamond opens and you're done.

Is that the basic gist?

Yep.

Mindlog

Just to be super clear.
After the loud sound everyone in the diamond room may return to the catwalk.

The people at the monitors will now activate them ONCE left and ONCE right. The first number is for section 00.

After someone steps in 00 the next number will appear on the monitors.

Continue until all 4 sections are covered.

Anyone want to do trials? I'm not the best player out there and don't play PvP too much.

Also, just got a blue 373 artifact from Omnigul chest using skeleton key.

LiK

Just had a few fun Forge sessions with like 5-6 randoms, then suddenly poof...they all left. So lonely now.

mcfizzle4

Just FYI for everyone looking to do Forge with no group.

I have done the "duck walk trick" that was mentioned in the last OT and it has worked all 7 times I have tried it. Always get a group doing Forge and I just jump right in
What is this "Duck Walk Trick"?

Trials is just not made for average PVPers like me.

Got to the lighthouse twice back when it first came out but after they changed how they did matchmaking I haven't been able to make it back there haha. I'm probably just getting worse or something lol. Or it's getting sweatier than I am. :p

Dthomp

Trials is just not made for average PVPers like me.

I'm in the same boat. Played a couple cards earlier and am complete trash on this new map. Doesn't help any that I'm a slow warlock getting shotgun rushed by everybody :/ But Shotguns are TOTALLY balanced right now...right?

Re: Faction packages at 385, wasn't one of the shitty grind-adding changes to the loot system that once you're over a certain point (385? 365?) it becomes a random chance that your rewards are even any higher than your current average light? So any results there are just RNG.

Top Bottom