• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Deku Tree

I think I'm set to at least hit 395+ LL by the first hour lol

Weapons: (hoping for them to turn into exotics)
DOrMN7v.jpg

87teZxA.jpg

Armor: (same as weapons, all are Sublime)
WLCZ76b.jpg

NZafilt.jpg

0fS0Yg1.jpg

Materials: (Dem' Packages yo')
9fNoVIr.jpg

Per Guardian:
Have the 4 shiro bounties saved for +2000 rep
12 Vanguard mostly +65 rep ones
Edging all factions, Vanguard, maybe Crucible
Reset will get Eris, Queens, Gunsmith to roll over on all 3 Guardians

So I'm set, now just setting up the stuff on other Guardians

Lol Grave you are ready as ever.

My vault is too filled with old stuff that i want to keep like my VoG weapons and mu Void Scholar and leveled up exotics that i might want to use later... so i cant afford to stuff it full of engrams like you.

spyder_ur

Don't get me wrong - I do it - but I don't think the "Store a bunch of mats, buy heavy ammo from Xur, Edge factions" reflects very well on the game. I see why Bungie doesn't like it, but it's more that 3 weeks out from the major content drop of the year people already have no reason to use exotic or legendary engrams or get faction packages so they'll just save them. It is kind of lame that the best way to 'progress' in the game is to sit in the tower exchanging materials, rather than playing the game.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some surprises in the weekly update or when the patch/HM drops about limiting how quickly people can powerlevel and thus get above HM raid level. I doubt Bungie wants HM to be cleared in 90 minutes. Maybe exotics/factions only to 390?

Maybe they don't care though.

It looks cool but yeah. It's useless. Ophidian Aspect and Voidfang Vestments are better voidwalker exotics, and also are useful for the other subclasses.

Feel spoiled for choice lately— have been using Nothing Manacles non-stop since they were re-buffed but since ROI it's been Transversive Steps for PvE and Ophidian Aspect for PvP.

Void kills in crucible RIP

Did it with a Defender.

Thorn or sword? For Thorn use a void sidearm.

Feel spoiled for choice lately— have been using Nothing Manacles non-stop since they were re-buffed but since ROI it's been Transversive Steps for PvE and Ophidian Aspect for PvP.

Thorn or sword? For Thorn use a void sidearm.

Forgot about the Nothing Manacles and Obsidian Mind. Voidwalkers have so many options.

But yeah Transversive Steps definitely rock for PvE.

spyder_ur

Lol that's not happening. Having raid legendary items being the only way to get an exotic to 400 would be a terrible idea

They've made stranger decisions, and it wouldn't just be raid. Trials, IB, strike specific, etc., just not stackable items for drops.

I'm just saying though - I wouldn't be shocked if they did something like that.

Transversive Steps are great for PvE. Reload on ammo pick up is great for the raid, especially siege engine, plus the faster crouch walk is great there.

Forgot about the Nothing Manacles and Obsidian Mind. Voidwalkers have so many options.

I honestly feel like Nova Bomb is the least exciting part of being a voidwalker with the ability to throw so many grenades at trash mobs and in PvP.

Obsidian Mind is more awesome in theory than in practice given how rare it is to find huge groups of enemies to nuke— there also appears to be a hidden cool down on it— in the heroic Lost-to-light mission there are a ton of thrall you can nuke to get it back instantly and then enough spawn to nuke them for 7 orbs and the two times I attempted this got 0 super energy from the second nuke.

Transversive Steps are great for PvE. Reload on ammo pick up is great for the raid, especially siege engine, plus the faster crouch walk is great there.

I find it especially good for the boss fights— if you can get heavy to drop where you'll be shooting Sleeper from you can sustain a pretty good fire rate.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
PvP will be a little barren this weekend and next

The COD IW Beta going live

I wasn't interested, got a code from an awesome D-GAFfer hoggart

So yeah watch the videos and I am intrigued

I swear to god Bungie if you don't have Weapon Crafting in Destiny 2 I'll be super pissed

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Is the Trespasser worth the coins? Can't decide between that and just buying shit for infusion fuel and 3oC.

Awesome end to that match, Taborcarn.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Don't get me wrong - I do it - but I don't think the "Store a bunch of mats, buy heavy ammo from Xur, Edge factions" reflects very well on the game. I see why Bungie doesn't like it, but it's more that 3 weeks out from the major content drop of the year people already have no reason to use exotic or legendary engrams or get faction packages so they'll just save them. It is kind of lame that the best way to 'progress' in the game is to sit in the tower exchanging materials, rather than playing the game.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some surprises in the weekly update or when the patch/HM drops about limiting how quickly people can powerlevel and thus get above HM raid level. I doubt Bungie wants HM to be cleared in 90 minutes. Maybe exotics/factions only to 390?

Maybe they don't care though.

Keep in mind that the vast, vast, vast majority of players are not storing mats and engrams in their vault to reach 391 within 10 minutes of launch of HM. It's honestly not even remotely worth it to me.

I think it's easy to forget the vast majority of players haven't beaten the raid yet, or maybe even attempted it. This rush to max light is only representative of a small percentage of players.

Zakalwe

Banned
Is the Trespasser worth the coins? Can't decide between that and just buying shit for infusion fuel and 3oC.

Awesome end to that match, Taborcarn.

It is worth the coins. It's the Destiny version of Robocop's gun.

Do I need to finish the RAID once before get all monitors?

No.

You need to get all monitors and complete the raid in a single run. It doesn't matter if you've completed the raid or not before.

Trials hype! Here is the clutchest 1v3 of last weekend, 4-4 they have all supers, a blade chasing me, last guardian standing, and we won without actually using any supers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdlDjgojtbk

Could have been even cooler if i didn't choke the end and let der_pate clutch it, got a little too scared because i was waiting for my smash to come up and almost fucked it up. Was smashing x at the end but i died before it even activated it, could have killed the warlock and then no scoped the self revive, would have been sick.

PuMa

Trials hype! Here is the clutchest 1v3 of last weekend, 4-4 they have all supers, a blade chasing me, last guardian standing, and we won without actually using any supers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdlDjgojtbk

Could have been even cooler if i didn't choke the end and let der_pate clutch it, got a little too scared because i was waiting for my smash to come up and almost fucked it up. Was smashing x at the end but i died before it even activated it, could have killed the warlock and then no scoped the self revive, would have been sick.

Great win! Tell Ape to stop dying...

Zakalwe

Banned
Just tested the Trespasser in Skirmish.

It's a very good special weapon. Spawns with a lot of ammo, kills very quickly at close-mid range, is very accurate for a sidearm and the 3 round burst makes it much easier to place shots.

You can score multi kills with it very easily with the exotic perk proc, especially if you have a sidearm reloader.

Very impressed with it so far, this was the last Exotic I really wanted. Thank you Xur!

zewone

Saving legendary engrams is likely going to be useless based on my guess.

The LL cap for legendary engrams may be lifted to 385, but not the new 400 cap.

Exotics on the other hand are fine to save.

Rank up packages will be the quickest way to level up.

But some legendaries turn into exotics

I feel package rewards will be capped at something lower than 400 as well. I could see them being capped at 390.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
If we look at the April update, the faction packages and nightfall rewards were capped off at 330 and Iron Banner, Raid, CoE, CoO and Exotics got you to 335.

If the max LL is 410 with Aksis being 400, i expect Faction packages to stop at 400.

But with the lack of any activity like CoE for year 3, they might just force us to play the raid to hit max LL.

I believe they will make it so Archon Forge and Weekly Shiro bounties will give out max LL gear past the 400 cap to make up for the lack of CoE this year.

SlimySnake

I'm so confused. Myself and 2 buddies bought the basic game from gamestop. Played through it all and now I wanna get the expansions. Should I just buy this taken king expansion?
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/destiny-the-taken-king/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DESTINYTAKENKING

Or buy the 60 dollar collection from gamestop?

looks like if you buy TTK and Rise of Iron from the PSN store, it will come out to be $50.

But you will need both expansions.

Not exactly the clearest explanation on how LL is increasing for various activities. Forge is capped at 385, but ghosts and artifacts from the Forge can go to 400? Faction packages not even mentioned in the update.

zewone

Legendary Engrams will now provide rewards up to 385 Light.
Nailed it.

zewone

Not exactly the clearest explanation on how LL is increasing for various activities. Forge is capped at 385, but ghosts and artifacts from the Forge can go to 400? Faction packages not even mentioned in the update.
All the current avenues to get 385 gear are being increased to 400.

I would expect faction packages to be 400 as well.

SlimySnake

Fuck yeah!

Artifacts and Ghosts were dropping from fewer sources than intended and have been added as Archon’s Forge completion rewards. These items will now drop up to 400 Light. In Faction Packages, the rate at which Ghosts are rewarded has been increased. Likewise, the rate of artifacts from Eris’ Faction Packages have been increased.

FinKL

If we look at the April update, the faction packages and nightfall rewards were capped off at 330 and Iron Banner, Raid, CoE, CoO and Exotics got you to 335.

If the max LL is 410 with Aksis being 400, i expect Faction packages to stop at 400.

But with the lack of any activity like CoE for year 3, they might just force us to play the raid to hit max LL.

I believe they will make it so Archon Forge and Weekly Shiro bounties will give out max LL gear past the 400 cap to make up for the lack of CoE this year.

Do Shiro bounties currently give out items based on your LL? I was thinking it only gave lots of XP/Rep

SlimySnake

Do Shiro bounties currently give out items based on your LL? I was thinking it only gave lots of XP/Rep

I got two 385 Shadow Price from them last week. But my post was just suggesting that it is something they could do.

Top Bottom