• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

ezekial45

Banned
Rank up factions, use a lot of 3oC I guess. Archons forge needs to have a higher drop rate of things other than class items and it would be great. Make sure to have your highest light stuff equipped when decrypting and getting packages etc

Is there any particular piece holding you back? I'm at 377 and my ghost is stopping me at the moment.

My lowest item is a 363 artifact. I had some luck with weapons, but my armor is mostly holding me back now.

Raid.

I was 367 before and now I'm 370 with one run.
Can I do the raid now? I thought 370 was minimum.

Griffith

Banned
My lowest item is a 363 artifact. I had some luck with weapons, but my armor is mostly holding me back now.

You don't need to be 370, you're fine to do the raid at 367. That's about where I was the first time I beat it. Last week I ran it with a guy who was only around 350 when we started and his light went up quite a bit by the time we made it to the last boss.

Fistwell

Beside NFs, 3oCs, archon forge and skeleton keys; exchange all you coins, seeds and idols (glimmer allowing) for heavy ammo synth, and use that and motes of light to rank up your faction. Go back in time and grind IB. You're fine to do the raid at 367, provided there're enough higher LL dudes doing enough DPS on aksis. The raid will probably be the easiest way to up your LL.

Nothus

I'm 376 and still haven't touched the raid, hoping to try and get it done in full at least once (maybe twice) this weekend.

I'm 376 and still haven't touched the raid, hoping to try and get it done in full at least once (maybe twice) this weekend.

I'll be looking for groups for my warlock since only the titan has run it.

I also have a 385 hunter but she doesn't have all her subclasses finished yet.

Marvel

could never
Grinding out the Forge last night to replace my accidental Dream Eater vest deletion.

Got the boots and arms. Bah

Jinjo

PSA: XUR HAS Y2 GAUNTLET ENGRAMS, NOT LEGACY.

Xur selling trespasser. Everything else is old.

Get this gun boys, it is absolutely amazing, especially in PvP. I love it.

Grinding out the Forge last night to replace my accidental Dream Eater vest deletion.

Got the boots and arms. Bah

LOL. Maybe now you'll learn to be less rash with those infusions/dismantles.

I deleted arms on Titan during the 365 grind, which I also have yet to get back. :(

Rizzi

I bought the gun. I can't use the gun because I don't have a second heavy weapon and I've got Gjallarhorn equipped but hey at least it looks pretty in my inventory. :p

Marvel

could never
PSA: XUR HAS Y2 GAUNTLET ENGRAMS, NOT LEGACY.

Get this gun boys, it is absolutely amazing, especially in PvP. I love it.

LOL. Maybe now you'll learn to be less rash with those infusions/dismantles.

I deleted arms on Titan during the 365 grind, which I also have yet to get back. :(
I'll never learn, lol lost cause.

Big time score from Xur. Got Tresspasser, then engrams decrypted as an Ophidian Aspect, and a Shinobu's Vow that was higher so I infused that into it. Now Jade Rabbit & Invective are the only non-quest exotics I'm still chasing.

Hedgey

PSA: Eris Morn is accepting Hadium Flakes for rep!

EDIT: 15 for +50 rep is steep...
EDIT 2: The Bones of EAO Xur is selling are 97% =D Int/Dis

void666

Banned
I honestly have no idea how people haven't played the raid yet.
I beat the raid with a level 380 guy today, it was his first time through.

How do you even level that much? >__>

(No offense to you guys, good luck on your raid)

Well you need to get people together. Sometimes that's hard. I'm 385 without raiding.

noomi

What a great loot week!

Nemesis Star, Tresspasser, Ophidian Aspects!

All I need now is Lord of Wolves Yr2, Dunmarchers, and that useless warlock helmet! :p

Defuser

Entered a rumble match in progress with intention to do thorn bounty with just a void sidearm. Came out as the top. Feelsgoodman.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Eris has always accepted hadium flakes for rep I think

Nope she takes Wormspore sometimes too!

I did Eris Bounties on all 3 Guardians, accumulated enough flakes to have them get package @ Reset

Thank fuck I kept opening chests and doing Skyburners and Wormsinger Runes
Paid off!

According to Datto

390 Outbreak Prime does 325,000
380 Sleeper Simulant (with 9 shots) does 385,000

SS outclasses OP even at 10 lower light, and without the biggest ammo reserve it can have.

And then of course, the swords outclass everything.

Edit: this is just for Aksis phase 2

Deku Tree

According to Datto

390 Outbreak Prime does 325,000
380 Sleeper Simulant (with 9 shots) does 385,000

SS outclasses OP even at 10 lower light, and without the biggest ammo reserve it can have.

And then of course, the swords outclass everything.

SS out DPS everything in the raid.

My heavy slot for the raid:

Voksis Phase 1: SS
Voksis Phase 2: SS
Seige tank stun: SS
Seige tank repair: Dark Drinker
Aksis Phase 1: Dark Drinker
Aksis Phase 2: Dark Drinker

The new one (really awesome looking one) that has the recovery perk that is apparently useless.

Yeah, it's not the best. I mean, first you need to be using blink, which is a bad idea in the first place. And even then, the refresh effect is minimal. I understand it's a tough thing to balance though, and I can imagine a scenario where someone got good with it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I think I'm set to at least hit 395+ LL by the first hour lol

Weapons: (hoping for them to turn into exotics)
DOrMN7v.jpg

87teZxA.jpg

Armor: (same as weapons, all are Sublime)
WLCZ76b.jpg

NZafilt.jpg

0fS0Yg1.jpg

Materials: (Dem' Packages yo')
9fNoVIr.jpg

Per Guardian:
Have the 4 shiro bounties saved for +2000 rep
12 Vanguard mostly +65 rep ones
Edging all factions, Vanguard, maybe Crucible
Reset will get Eris, Queens, Gunsmith to roll over on all 3 Guardians

So I'm set, now just setting up the stuff on other Guardians

The new one (really awesome looking one) that has the recovery perk that is apparently useless.
It looks cool but yeah. It's useless. Ophidian Aspect and Voidfang Vestments are better voidwalker exotics, and also are useful for the other subclasses.

I think I'm set to at least hit 395+ LL by the first hour lol

So I'm set, now just setting up the stuff on other Guardians

I've got 25 exotic engrams saved, and I haven't even visited Xur yet. Lots of Legendaries too but those will cap at 385 I bet so they'll be used for getting marks to use to buy mats to use to boost rep.

Quick question, I already have the Bolt-Caster on my Titan and working on getting the Dark Drinker. Is it easier or less steps to get the Dark-Drinker since I've already completed a quest already to get the Bolt-Caster?

Quick question, I already have the Bolt-Caster on my Titan and working on getting the Dark Drinker. Is it easier or less steps to get the Dark-Drinker since I've already completed a quest already to get the Bolt-Caster?

Yeah, if you start the next exotic sword quest on the same character you skip straight to the material collection step.

I will keep the second part in mind, thanks.

Yes, with the april update and the RoI release, just saving a package gave out new stuff at new light levels, so technically you can edge and save a package to get 2 right out the bat if you really care that much. I don't think i care enough to even save a package by not getting it lol.

Top Bottom