• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

All the current avenues to get 385 gear are being increased to 400.

I would expect faction packages to be 400 as well.

Considering packages didn't reward highest LL prior to ROI, I doubt they let you get to 400 through them, especially after the LL gold rush that happened when ROI launched.

Xeroblade

Considering packages didn't reward highest LL prior to ROI, I doubt they let you get to 400 through them, especially after the LL gold rush that happened when ROI launched.
If so then what would be the point on getting rep after 385? They are raising the cap for faction packages.

FinKL

5,000XP
+500 Rep
Chance of earning up to so far a 385 Weapon

I had no idea about this. I think I have like every bounty for the last 3 weeks in my inventory. They don't do a good job showing it as a reward, but I guess when it's not guaranteed, better to surprise people than burn them.

Deku Tree

All the current avenues to get 385 gear are being increased to 400.

I would expect faction packages to be 400 as well.

Bungie curiously didnt specifically say that faction rank up packages would drop weapons and armor up to the new LL cap of 400. They spelled out all other sources carefully but they did not include faction rank up packages in the list in TWAB.

They only said ghosts and artifacts can drop up to 400.

Would be a very Bungie like thing to do for them to leave weapon and armor drops from faction packages capped around 385. Since they may have been unhappy at all the players sitting in the tower for hours and days donating heavy synth to level up.

If so then what would be the point on getting rep after 385? They are raising the cap for faction packages.

What was the point of rep past 330? None. I see faction packages being capped at 390. It'll be enough to get you started on the hard raid. No way is Bungie going to let people get to 400 burning heavy ammo, motes, and materials. At that point, what is the point of all of the end game activities?

MrDaravon

Do non-Legacy Exotic Engrams from Xur have the same property as Legacy ones do where it's weighted towards exotics you don't already have or no? I'm guessing no.

Edit: Ha, decided to buy one engram on my Warlock as the Ophidian was the only exotic glove I was missing and I got it. Looking at reddit etc seems like I got pretty lucky there.

Xeroblade

What was the point of rep past 330? None. I see faction packages being capped at 390. It'll be enough to get you started on the hard raid. No way is Bungie going to let people get to 400 burning heavy ammo, motes, and materials. At that point, what is the point of all of the end game activities?

Packages drop to 385 now, why would they only let it drop up to 390?

Ambitious

The Crucible may drop loot up to 400 light, but strike loot goes only up to 385 light? How is that supposed to make any sense? (I am not talking about strike chests)

Strider

BASED XUR

I've wanted the trespasser badly since I first saw it. Gives me an excuse to play some crucible soon.

LL upgrades sound great too. I'll have to read the entire weekly update later

Doberu

anyone up for some trails bounties? need one more person just casual fun. psn is XxkatsuxX hit me up if you want to join.

Something tells me the soft-cap is going to be gone and there will be a hard 400 LL cap.

Hopefully that doesn't mean having all gear at 400 and a Ghost at 399 because it won't or continues to drop below 400 or a similar scenario.

The current system allowed you to make up for such a scenario in other gear slots by allowing them to go over 385.

Not that it will really matter in any real advantage regarding a 399 vs 400 LL player but it will be an annoyance looking at the 399 number.

Deku Tree

Something tells me the soft-cap is going to be gone and there will be a hard 400 LL cap.

Hopefully that doesn't mean having all gear at 400 and a Ghost at 399 because it won't or continues to drop below 400 or a similar scenario.

The current system allowed you to make up for such a scenario in other gear slots by allowing them to go over 385.

Not that it will really matter in any real advantage regarding a 399 vs 400 LL player but it will be an annoyance looking at the 399 number.

That's why they are having Challenge mode.

X-Frame

I wouldn't be surprised if Faction packages don't go up to 400 this time.

Would suck if they stayed at 385. 390 or 395 would be more fair, but I can see Bungie not really thrilled with the idea that even a small fraction of players when HM drops will gain 10 LL from donating.

WeTeHa

Would suck if they stayed at 385. 390 or 395 would be more fair, but I can see Bungie not really thrilled with the idea that even a small fraction of players when HM drops will gain 10 LL from donating.

They already go higher than 385, even without the hard mode drop. So it's at least 390.
Though I don't get why they wouldn't go to 400. Even at 400 I'm guessing you'll still get 50:50 399 and 400 drops and bungie should've realized long ago that for many of us the game doesn't just stop when we hit max light. Hitting 400 isn't really my main goal, and it's the same for many others.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Packages drop to 385 now, why would they only let it drop up to 390?

Because Bungie didnt mention it in the patch notes. And because Bungie is Bungie and they dont like that Kadey and grave robber are sitting on 20,000 heavy ammo synths and they want to ruin the progress for the rest of us.

Dont get fooled. they knew that ghosts and artifacts would hold everyone back before ROI launched. they wanted to gate the progress. it was on purpose. i wouldnt put anything past bungie.

spyder_ur

They already go higher than 385, even without the hard mode drop. So it's at least 390.
Though I don't get why they wouldn't go to 400. Even at 400 I'm guessing you'll still get 50:50 399 and 400 drops and bungie should've realized long ago that for many of us the game doesn't just stop when we hit max light. Hitting 400 isn't really my main goal, and it's the same for many others.

I'd be fine with them stopping at 390.

IMO, and Bungie's too I bet, it feels a little wrong to get to max level and tackle the hardest content in the game not by doing any actual activities, but by hitting square in the tower for a couple hours. I wouldn't really have a problem with it either way, but it doesn't seem sustainable or in the best interests of the game in the long term. It's a difficult problem for them to tackle to create a progression curve that both suits new players and doesn't allow player to overlevel content.

WeTeHa

Anybody want to raid?
1. Nooblet
2. me
3. dark
4.shem
5. pandora

Hopefully starting as soon as we're full. Need 1 more

oSoLucky

I'd be fine with them stopping at 390.

IMO, and Bungie's too I bet, it feels a little wrong to get to max level and tackle the hardest content in the game not by doing any actual activities, but by hitting square in the tower for a couple hours. I wouldn't really have a problem with it either way, but it doesn't seem sustainable or in the best interests of the game in the long term. It's a difficult problem for them to tackle to create a progression curve that both suits new players and doesn't allow player to overlevel content.

I don't agree with the sustainability comment because those players are usually the ones that play the longest and most dedicated anyway. Not being max light level is just an annoyance to me after the initial honeymoon phase of a patch, and I get very little enjoyment from leveling process afterward l. It's all about the hunt for good rolled gear and doing group activities with friends.

ethomaz

Banned
Nice, got the Ophidian Aspect from my first engram by Xur. I also finally got my Tlaloc.
An average scout rifle not recommended for any task until you get SUPER.

You will never use SUPER again in Crucible.

It shots so fast, have a great range and stability... it is incredible.

Dez_

Congrats on getting what is secretly the best scout in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5khEEParYYs

An average scout rifle not recommended for any task until you get SUPER.

You will never use SUPER again in Crucible.

It shots so fast, have a great range and stability... it is incredible.

It sure does feel nice. I tried it out in some strikes and then in crucible. Unfortunately, I got a short range map like Cauldron, so I didn't really give it much of a work out, but I can see this being quite the beast in PvP.

Deku Tree

Ok I got 1000 heavy synth to donate to factions and possibly get up to 387 rewards on Tuesday. Still got a lot of strange coins left too.

Top Bottom