• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

lionelhutz

Kor, Adam and Lionel asked first and I think I'd start another raid group with them since you've already filled up. You have Grave to sherpa so I can form another group and help these guys out.

Yup.

90 minutes from now:

1. Ruthless
2. AdamKoy
3. LionelHutz
4. Zakalwe
5. Zakalwe's friend who hasn't finished the raid yet
6. raisezero

PSN ID?

willow ve

Still baffled that the 320 strike playlist only drops 340 level blues while the 320 strikes selected directly on the map drop at our above your light level. Is the goal to keep people OUT of the strike playlist?

Born2Live

Any Crucible trains running later on today? I've got the Mountain Top quest to do and really don't fancy solo queueing the whole thing.

Ty

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone have any tips on how to get Void ability kills as a Defender Titan quickly since we can't use our super?

Armamaterium + 5 Tier Discipline
Magnetic Grenades
Punch
Use Bubble refill grenades + punch

Repeat

I get it done in 15 minutes due to simple trick, Bungie hates me!

Go to Forgotten Shore, go up the hill that has that broken down building on top
Kill the 3 Dregs, 2 Vandals, 1 Captain
Stay by the silver pillar at least behind it in look at the cave
Just as your radar blinks
Lob

Get 6 grenade, void kills instantly
lol

I do almost all my bounties there
Finish the set within 15-20 minutes

Precision, Void/Solar/Arc, Special/Heavy etc
All those that cave puts in work

Trust me I'm a Bounty whore, I know the spots
Same rgong in that room at Venus

I can't tell if I like Outbreak Prime because it is actually good...or does it feel good only because it is light 390? I'm starting to lean towards it not being that great. The nanite swarm seems underwhelming, or am I crazy?

Mindlog

I almost always head back to 'Siege of the Warmind' when bounties ask for kills.

Does anyone else find the slow trickle of thralls really boring in the Omnigul strike? Is that a real change or a bug?

Anyone have any tips on how to get Void ability kills as a Defender Titan quickly since we can't use our super?

If you're talking about Thorn quest, I went in with Felwinters Artifact. Takes away your super and gives you two grenades and two melees. Pretty easy to hit Tier 5 on both Discipline and Strength as well. Then I brought in a Void Fusion (Use whatever special you like most) and a Void Heavy. Throw sticky nades, punch, and special your way to victory. I really learned to appreciate Twilight Garrison as well during my run. Had a lot of fun.

molnizzle

I can't tell if I like Outbreak Prime because it is actually good...or does it feel good only because it is light 390? I'm starting to lean towards it not being that great. The nanite swarm seems underwhelming, or am I crazy?

It's okay. Not worth giving up Raze-Lighter or Sleeper though. Especially if you already have the raid scout.

Armamaterium + 5 Tier Discipline
Magnetic Grenades
Punch
Use Bubble refill grenades + punch

Repeat

I get it done in 15 minutes due to simple trick, Bungie hates me!

Go to Forgotten Shore, go up the hill that has that broken down building on top
Kill the 3 Dregs, 2 Vandals, 1 Captain
Stay by the silver pillar at least behind it in look at the cave
Just as your radar blinks
Lob

Get 6 grenade, void kills instantly
lol

I do almost all my bounties there
Finish the set within 15-20 minutes

Precision, Void/Solar/Arc, Special/Heavy etc
All those that cave puts in work

Trust me I'm a Bounty whore, I know the spots
Same rgong in that room at Venus

Thanks for this! Also, just found this on reddit involving the sword hilt. Thought it was pretty helpful! Here's the link: https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...exotic/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

It's okay. Not worth giving up Raze-Lighter or Sleeper though. Especially if you already have the raid scout.
Yeah. I do have the raid scout and was curious if I should infuse my exotic into it? I'm actually working on exotic quest for Dark Drinker at the moment to help out with Raid. Think Raze-Lighter is better?

I almost always head back to 'Siege of the Warmind' when bounties ask for kills.

Does anyone else find the slow trickle of thralls really boring in the Omnigul strike? Is that a real change or a bug?

It doesn't seem to happen consistently and what I have noticed if you are aiming a weapon at one of the enemy closets they will not come out, well, the thrall anyways. They know what's coming next.

molnizzle

Yeah. I do have the raid scout and was curious if I should infuse my exotic into it? I'm actually working on exotic quest for Dark Drinker at the moment to help out with Raid. Think Raze-Lighter is better?

That's what I did. Though I did have two of them already. It's probably worth still hanging onto your Prime if you only have the one. 390 light primaries aren't going to be a big deal anymore after next week.

edit: as for Raze vs. Dark, I have both infused up to raid level and prefer the Raze. They're both great though and take out captains in a single R2 + one or two slices if it's not a matching shield. I just don't use the R2 on dregs/adds (to conserve ammo) so the Dark's AoE doesn't really matter. For the raid void captains they're both about the same but outside the raid Raze has more utility with it's high single-target damage output, so I've switched to prioritizing that one for infusion for now.

Zakalwe

Banned
Prime is a good PR. It has a nice set of base stats and it looks great! The exotic perk definitely needs a little buff though, either make them proc like firefly and balance accordingly (a little more powerful as its an exotic), or up the power of the random swarms as they are.

Right now it's fun to use in most situations, but if you need dps there's probably a better option.

molnizzle

Anyone down for a quick CE and/or KF run?

I haven't done CE in forever but it would be a hell of a lot easier to do this Thorn quest if I had my Word back. I guess now that we have Gjallahorns again it should be pretty easy.

I'd be down for a CE and/or VoG!

noomi

If anyone wants to do a completely casual trials for bounties and iron book, hit me up, we need one more. We are not going to mercury :p

Gally is now mine and I got the Thorn bounty on Shiro bounty number 13. Good day so far lol.

Time to start stocking up on blue engrams so I can get to the 360s and finally do the raid and at least do Trials. Need that new emblem.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I got the Zhalo Supercell at 380 and I am thinking about infusing it with another 373 weapon. I shouldn't due this due to the arc damage it does as a primary, though, right? As it will slay in IB and Trials due to that modifier.

ethomaz

Banned
Hello guys and girls.

I need to get this monitor thing done but I will only have time to play on Monday.

Anybody wants to do a group for Monday??? Please please.

deafmedal

I got the Zhalo Supercell at 380 and I am thinking about infusing it with another 373 weapon. I shouldn't due this due to the arc damage it does as a primary, though, right? As it will slay in IB and Trials due to that modifier.

Good for add control, really. I'd infuse it into a primary you like. Easy to get another ZS later and infuse it up. Do you like autos in PvP?

It doing arc damage won't mean anything in crucible, but if you have fun using that gun, then don't infuse it as it's a fantastic PVE weapon.

IMO one of the best PVE weapons because of how good it is against groups of adds.

It doing arc damage won't mean anything in crucible, but if you have fun using that gun, then don't infuse it as it's a fantastic PVE weapon.

IMO one of the best PVE weapons because of how good it I against groups of adds.

Agreed as it's pretty useful (for me anyway) for clearing shanks during the first and second phase of Aksys.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Good for add control, really. I'd infuse it into a primary you like. Easy to get another ZS later and infuse it up. Do you like autos in PvP?

Yeah, I normally run autos in Crucible as I am not the most accurate person and the bullet spray at least means I can do some consistent damage. I have a Chaos Dogma at 373 and a Khvostov at 378 that are just itching to get higher levels. And good point, as I totally forgot I could rebuy it later.

IMO one of the best PVE weapons because of how good it I against groups of adds.

Arc means nothing in IB or Trials?

Agreed as it's pretty useful (for me anyway) for clearing shanks during the first and second phase of Aksys.

Better than the Chaos Dogma?

Elements in general mean nothing in crucible. Everyone's shields are kinetic, iirc, in the crucible. The element won't affect how fast you kill anyone.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Got my ref outfit going. Anybody getting out of hand is going to get shot in the ass.

HBSiyUj.png

Going to watch lights out, get something to eat,etc before the match.

So if I beat Aksis and have a key I can open again the secondary chest and find the helmet? Not just 3 of coins or lumen?

You can only open raid chests once with the same character. Whether they're regular chests or SIVA key chests doesn't matter. You won't find anything in the regular chests and youll get some text telling you that you can't use your keys in the SIVA chests.

molnizzle

Arc means nothing in IB or Trials?

It means nothing in PvE either unless the enemy has the matching shield type. Arc weapons bring down arc shield way faster than other elements. Kinetic and void weapons bring down arc shields at the same speed. Elements only matter for PvE shields and "burn" modifiers.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
It means nothing in PvE either unless the enemy has the matching shield type. Arc weapons bring down arc shield way faster than other elements. Kinetic and void weapons bring down arc shields at the same speed. Elements only matter for PvE shields and "burn" modifiers.

Yeah, I knew about PVE, but I thought it had PVP effects. Oh, well. I'll play around with it a bit more and see what I think-- It's a really fun gun.

You still need one more Noomi?

So what exactly am I looking for in a good pvp pulse rifle? What perks am I looking for? What's the "god roll" and which pulse rifles are the best?

I ask because I use a hopscotch pilgrim with red dot-oes, headseeker, hand laid stock and glass half full and I really like it. But I don't ever see anyone use the hopscotch anymore, so there are probably are better options out there.

molnizzle

So what exactly am I looking for in a good pvp pulse rifle? What perks am I looking for? What's the "god roll" and which pulse rifles are the best?

I ask because I use a hopscotch pilgrim with red dot-oes, headseeker, hand laid stock and glass half full and I really like it. But I don't ever see anyone use the hopscotch anymore, so there are probably are better options out there.

Hopscotch is now medium impact archetype, the RoF is too slow compared to other options now. You want a low impact/high RoF like Grasp of Malok, The Waltz (FWC), The Clever Dragon (IB) or Blind Perdition (Trials). "God roll" (imo) would be Perfect Balance, Counter-balance, High Caliber Rounds. You just want tons of stability, with some stagger if you can get it.

Dez_

If you're comfortable using it, then stick with it. Hopscotch is in the medium ROF archetype that just doesn't see too much use, because when looking at the faster ROF pulses like Hawksaw and Grasp / Clever Dragon, the general time to kill is slower than them. I personally value high stability pulse rifles and I have a higher range Hopscotch that I enjoy using in 6v6.

Even though all of the pulse rifles are generally 3 burst kills with enough precision damage (2 burst with the spare change slow ROF, but we don't really care about that), I like using the Nirwen's Mercy, Hopscotch, Red Death, as I find them much more forgiving if I don't always land my shots and they're great at providing team shotting enemies, putting them down pretty quickly.

Wait for someone that knows what they're talking about since I dont play pvp, but I think people use Grasp of Malok or Clever Dragon (from Iron Banner). And I'm pretty sure you want stability stability stability.

Born2Live

I have a max stability Hawksaw thats pretty awesome. I always like for stability in my PR rolls. Anything on top is a bonus.

I started off with a Pilgrim but couldn't get on with it compared with the Hawksaw/Clever Dragon.

Hedgey

www.twitch.tv/hedgey
Playing some Trials with GAF members! (Ocean is up now)
Hoping to keep boosting the visibility of my channel so even if you're not interested in Trials, I'd really appreciate the viewership!
Thanks <3

LiK

Anyone actually like the relic that does detailed radar for PVP? Tried it in Trials and it's kinda hard to see what's going on...

The progression past 365 is an absolute mess in RoI. For those that don't have a lot of time to do get people together to do the raid, whats the best way to get up closer to 385? At the moment I've been relying completely on 3oC and the 2 or 3 skeleton keys I've gotten. Legendary engrams are all but worthless once all your gear is at 365.

Top Bottom