• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Would anyone be up for walking my wife and I through the raid for our first time? We wanted to sort of explore it ourselves, but I don't see that happening in the near future, and with hardmode the odds of us getting left behind is going to sky rocket unless we get in there.

We're available all day today, pretty much.

I can help
Just slot me in as Warlock 386
Can Sherpa and get you the Victory!

Clunker

WotM: Aksis phase 2 on Xbox - aiming to start in 30-45 minutes, or whenever we're full. Though if people would rather run it fresh, I'd be OK with that!

1. Clunker (GT: Holden Cawffle)
2. HippoAvenger

Morning DGaf! I would like to gather a group to do a newbie WotM raid this weekend, with me and another 1-2 experienced GAFers as sherpas if possible. We will be getting all chests, siva fragments and monitors if required. All light levels above 355 are welcome to come, only things you have to bring is patience and be in the mood for a chill run and some good laughs!

We´ll be doing it Sunday 16th September at 18:30 BST (UK time). My game time is limited to approximately 3 hours, so let´s see how far we manage to get. To join, just quote this message indicating you´re interested.

I´ll save 1-2 spots for another sherpas willing to help us, and 3-4 for first-timers. In case you want to get familiar with the raid mechanics beforehand, I strongly recommend you watch this videoguide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRIkRgzDVIw
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...th-of-the-machine-guide-walkthrough-raid-4677

And in case you´re also interested in getting the monitors for the Outbreak Prime quest, this two guides can give you some details about how to get all the monitors, including the 4th one (the trickiest one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Q1oFLr9-4
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...er_a_comprehensive_writeup_of_outbreak_prime/

So, to sum up:

Newbies WotM run - Sunday 16th 18:30 BST (UK time) - PS4
1. JJShadow77 (Sherpa)
2. (Sherpa)
3. (Sherpa/Newbie)
4. (Newbie)
5. (Newbie)
6. (Newbie)

I´ll repost this throughout the day

Do you still have two more places for this?

Meanwhile, my friend and I are looking for an extra guardian for Trials. We are not super competitive, just want to do the bounties and (hopefully) get to 5 wins. He is a sunsinger at 372 and I'm a sunbreaker at 359. Anyone wanna join? (we are in orbit, planning to start ASAP).

BurritoBear

Neo Member
If you guys want to do this today, I'm up for helping out.

2 hours from now work for everyone?

If you want to raid sometime this weekend, there is a group of us(Ch4fx, cloud, myself) running people through the raid, regardless of light level on PSN. Send any of us a pm and we'll add you to the list if you'd like to run through it.

Anyone needs a trials carry?
Finally got my third flawless (FOUR HOURS), going to help out now.

www.twitch.tv/hedgey
HMU with your PSN ID.

I watched 3 or 4 of those cards and every time you got to the last two or so matches the difficulty ramped up like crazy. I can't imagine a decent team ever getting flawless unless one or two were high ranking players.

Anyways, if you've got time today I'd like to be carried. I have no illusions of going flawless though. That's now out the window.

Dave_6

Finally had a decent turnaround with my RNG last night, granted I had to buy my Trespasser lol. Bought only two arm engrams from Xur and got the Aspects from the second one. FINALLY got some boots from DO after leveling them up ~15 times (mine were at 369 when everything else is at least at 375) and I couldn't get any to drop anywhere else. Did some Forge and walked into an instance with 4 other players; got all 4 bounties done quickly which in turn got the Thorn bounty to pop. Then leveled up Eris one time and got a 381 artifact lol. Couldn't believe it.

Guess not playing for almost 3 days did help!

bought 3 engrams because that's all i could afford this week and they all wound up being hunter exotics. still waiting on the ophidians and frosty feet

Kor, Adam and Lionel asked first and I think I'd start another raid group with them since you've already filled up. You have Grave to sherpa so I can form another group and help these guys out.

There appear to be a lot of people trying to do their first raid.
Might be time for a nice old fashioned... list.

Yup.

Works for me, 1PM Eastern?

I'm in, LionelHutz on PSN

Would we start soon or is this for later?

My first raid too

PSN AdamKoy

90 minutes from now:

1. Ruthless
2. AdamKoy
3. LionelHutz
4. Zakalwe
5. Zakalwe's friend who hasn't finished the raid yet
6. raisezero

lionelhutz

Kor, Adam and Lionel asked first and I think I'd start another raid group with them since you've already filled up. You have Grave to sherpa so I can form another group and help these guys out.

Yup.

90 minutes from now:

1. Ruthless
2. AdamKoy
3. LionelHutz

3 spots open

Awesome, thank you. Is there a preferred elemental damage for the raid?

Melchiah

I finally got the Devil's Dawn sniper from the Abomination Heist strike by using Skeleton Key. Luckily, it dropped with pretty good perks, and two light levels above my current level. Although, not quite as good perks as the good old LDR 5001 has.

Tm4vQjY.jpg
2pCShUP.jpg

raisezero

Neo Member
I'd love to jump into a raid group if there is still one open. Started it but haven't been able to finish it. PSN is raisezero.

I finally got the Devil's Dawn sniper from the Abomination Heist strike by using Skeleton Key. Luckily, it dropped with pretty good perks, and two light levels above my current level. Although, not quite as good perks as the good old LDR 5001 has.

It always drops with the same perks, however, it can drop as solar, void, or arc.

Awesome, thank you. Is there a preferred elemental damage for the raid?

No worries. Not really, void helps but it's not required.

Cool. I'll be there.

I'm in with a +1. I still need it this week, too.

Added you and your friend.

I'd love to jump into a raid group if there is still one open. Started it but haven't been able to finish it. PSN is raisezero.

You can join us..we start in an hour.

Clunker

Woo! Thanks to everyone for that first raid clear. So liberating to think that I did have the mechanics now, it was mostly team chemistry that kept us from that Aksis clear. Now stoked to run it on a different character.

Woo! Thanks to everyone for that first raid clear. So liberating to think that I did have the mechanics now, it was mostly team chemistry that kept us from that Aksis clear. Now stoked to run it on a different character.

That was an incredibly smooth run! Everyone had a good time and was happy to shrug off mistakes. That's the key to a good raid team. Even a single person can ruin the whole run by bringing everyone else down.

Always be good to your fireteam. Have fun and things go a lot better than when someone is eager to place blame and get mad.

Top Bottom