• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

HigXx

how do ppl feel about the cryptic dragon scout? got one with triple tap, explosive rounds/hand-laid stock and outlaw from crucible. those perks look pretty good, was thinking about making it my pve primary but i haven't really tested it

This is THE scout rifle. Ive had my Suros Dis-43, ive had my no recoil Tuonela SR4

But I rolled this with Zen Moment, Hand-Laid Stock and Firefly and by God does nothing else compare

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Ice9 and I are looking for someone to run a casual Trials for the RoI record book. We are going to run some strikes until one of you kind gaffers wants to join.

X-Frame

This is THE scout rifle. Ive had my Suros Dis-43, ive had my no recoil Tuonela SR4

But I rolled this with Zen Moment, Hand-Laid Stock and Firefly and by God does nothing else compare

I got one today with this exact roll. I already like it more than the Hung Jury and I've always loved its Red Dot sight.

cr0w

Old Member
If anyone still needs it, I'd love to do some casual Trials after 9ish central on PS4. Me and a couple drunk guys did five passages last night, and it was a riot. I made a game out of trying to sneak up behind people and just standing there, seeing how long it'd take them to notice. Haven't had that much fun in a long time.

PSN is krayven1980 if anyone's up for it.

Rowena

Neo Member
I'm sure this has been asked previously but is Destiny as it stands right now a good time to star playing or would I be too far behind. I know there is a collection and I want to get it. I've been lurking too on this thread and this seems to be a great community. Thank you in advance for your replies!

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone still needs it, I'd love to do some casual Trials after 9ish central on PS4. Me and a couple drunk guys did five passages last night, and it was a riot. I made a game out of trying to sneak up behind people and just standing there, seeing how long it'd take them to notice. Haven't had that much fun in a long time.

PSN is krayven1980 if anyone's up for it.

We need a 3rd and we can run forge and strikes until you arrive. PSN name is in profile.

Jabronium

I'm sure this has been asked previously but is Destiny as it stands right now a good time to star playing or would I be too far behind. I know there is a collection and I want to get it. I've been lurking too on this thread and this seems to be a great community. Thank you in advance for your replies!

As good of a time as any, I'd say. You've got potentially a year before significant new content drops (excluding hard mode WotM next week), but enough to keep you busy between now and then depending on your playstyle. The crew here will likely be more than happy to help you get through old raids, etc, as needed.

vctor182

Hey guys, anyone wants to do some trials matches? Nothing serious just finishing bounties, I can hold my own if anyone wants to attempt flawless though. My psn is same as username.

Clunker

The Destiny collection is a great way to jump in. I say go for it; I'm on XB1 and the crew is smaller but dedicated and super helpful, and the PS4 crew is always around and able to lend a hand. You might have a tougher time finding people for older raids only because everyone's focus will be on the newest one (for best gear), but at this point all of the story content is smoothed over and you can easily solo it.

There's not too much "behind" to worry about because they have smoothed over the leveling curve; right before Rise of Iron came out, I went from brand new to raid-ready status for the Taken King raid in roughly 6-7 days. And next week they're even making it easier with better drops from Rise of Iron activities, so you can make progress fairly easily.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Congrats to Kalamari for winning the first Royale.

This might be a monthly thing if people are interested.

If we could get a strong third, I could attempt a flawless Vic.

Kalamari

GGs to Light, Saithan, Atlas, and Shiv, you guys made my armpits sweat more than a Vietnamese clothing factory. Thanks to Kadey for organizing and planning everything.

And thanks to the big man upstairs, Mom and Dad, and to the weather for not knocking my power out..

Congrats to Kalamari for winning the first Royale.

This might be a monthly thing if people are interested.

If we could get a strong third, I could attempt a flawless Vic.

That was seriously fun as hell, I don't even mind that I didn't win. Bungie's stats are offline right now so I'm not 100%, but I think I Party Crasher-cheesed my way into going even, maybe even slightly positive. If I did not shame my house, mission accomplished.

If I did it all over again, I think I'd go pulse though. I was losing more face-offs than I won to Kalamari's Grasp/Hawksaw with my MIDA, even at long range. Big congrats to him.

Also, Light Knight deserves a rematch, he got jobbed by that disconnect. I thought the Regime was a joke exotic, but he was putting in work with it.

Rowena

Neo Member
As good of a time as any, I'd say. You've got potentially a year before significant new content drops (excluding hard mode WotM next week), but enough to keep you busy between now and then depending on your playstyle. The crew here will likely be more than happy to help you get through old raids, etc, as needed.

The Destiny collection is a great way to jump in. I say go for it; I'm on XB1 and the crew is smaller but dedicated and super helpful, and the PS4 crew is always around and able to lend a hand. You might have a tougher time finding people for older raids only because everyone's focus will be on the newest one (for best gear), but at this point all of the story content is smoothed over and you can easily solo it.

There's not too much "behind" to worry about because they have smoothed over the leveling curve; right before Rise of Iron came out, I went from brand new to raid-ready status for the Taken King raid in roughly 6-7 days. And next week they're even making it easier with better drops from Rise of Iron activities, so you can make progress fairly easily.

Thanks guys! Just picked it up. Will be playing on PS4. Wish me luck! Lol

GhaleonEB

So what's the minimum to join in on a (normal) Wrath of the Machine run? Currently at 361 and inching up a few levels each day (pounding heroic strikes like crazy). Was hoping to run today or tomorrow but I feel like I'm still too low and would be a liability.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So what's the minimum to join in on a (normal) Wrath of the Machine run? Currently at 361 and inching up a few levels each day (pounding heroic strikes like crazy). Was hoping to run today or tomorrow but I feel like I'm still too low and would be a liability.

You'll be fine. People as low as 350 have joined and got sherpa.

I took a 365 through the entire raid yesterday and cleared the whole thing without a single wipe. I was pretty surprised. We had 3 randoms people from LFG. 3 of us were also 380+. So you could do it, but you'll need some confident players. Should be easy for you to find on GAF.

PuMa

Definitely fine to start at 361.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Fresh raid anyone? Need four. Going to start as soon as we have 6.

1) slimy snake psn: thenegativedude
2) _Dez
3)
4)
5)
6)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
361 is fine if you have some 365+ people. Join my group if you don't care for doing to blind.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
For Destiny 2 private matches. I want.

Spectator mode.
Being able to be more customizable. Not having heavies, using certain weapons, etc.
Random select maps.
Random select teams.

CLBridges

Spent most of my strange coins trying to get those new warlock gauntlets, no dice. Guess I'll have to go back to depending on 3oC's. Did finally pick up Tlaloc... it's OK I guess but not good enough to take up an exotic spot.

Think I'll sign back on for a few, might even do Trials or raid if I can find a group.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
For Destiny 2 private matches. I want.

Spectator mode.
Being able to be more customizable. Not having heavies, using certain weapons, etc.
Random select maps.
Random select teams.

No spawn camping

MrDaravon

I am starting to get legitimately angry at the fact that I need ONE more Supremacy win for the book and I literally cannot get it. Every single fucking match I'm losing by 2-6 points. I would be significantly less mad if the oh, 40+ wins I got in IB fucking counted Bungie.

Edit: I also ran the 20 regular Strikes for the book earlier, got two whole keys out of it. That seems a pretty shit rate?

Top Bottom