• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

GhaleonEB

Easily the most fun quest I've ever done in Destiny. What is so off putting about it?

95% of my playtime with Destiny is solo. I don't want to post a request to pull in two others of different classes every time I do anything. Steps like "get 50 pulse rifle kills" with a Titan and Warlock just strikes me as incredibly arbitrary and tedious (I don't use fusion rifles much).

That said, the reward is a pulse rifle, and I don't like and don't use pulse rifles; I'd get the gun and drop is straight in the vault, like I did with the exotic auto rifle in RoI. So I'm not sad about it. It just struck me as a quest I'd never, ever be interested in doing. Even if it was for gear I wanted.

Jinjo

Matchmaking for Nightfalls should be a thing though, especially now that heroic strikes have all those goofy ass modifiers like Nightfalls do.

Not until they make self-respawn a thing in Nightfalls. If they wanna put matchmaking they also need to put self-respawn in. Not being able to revive yourself is the main thing, aside from an extra modifier or two, that distuingishes a Nightfall from a heroic strike. So no they shouldn't unless they change that mechanic, and most likely they won't change that.

95% of my playtime with Destiny is solo. I don't want to post a request to pull in two others of different classes every time I do anything. Steps like "get 150 fusion rifle kills" with a Titan and Warlock just strikes me as incredibly arbitrary and tedious (I don't use fusion rifles much).

That said, the reward is a pulse rifle, and I don't like and don't use pulse rifles; I'd get the gun and drop is straight in the vault, like I did with the exotic auto rifle in RoI. So I'm not sad about it. It just struck me as a quest I'd never, ever be interested in doing. Even if it was for gear I wanted.

Wat, i did it and I'm pretty sure 150 kills with a fusion rifle is not a thing. Theres a step which is get 50 kills with a pulse rifle though.

GhaleonEB

Sounds like you got the Aksis kill after all? Glad to here it. Wish I could have stayed as we pretty much had the fight down, but I had some early morning commitments that I needed to focus on.

The Outbreak Prime quest line is long but it's not too bad. You just need to pace yourself and not do it all in one setting.

Yeah, we got the kill eventually. Some hilarious "WTF just happened?!" attempts after you left. My favorite being a really good first two cycles only to turn around and find two of the pillars had dropped after the first one - someone had jumped on the wrong one momentarily - we fell short. Thanks for taking us that far, and walking me through the process. It was a lot of fun.

Here are the record book stats, after that run finished:

Fully Charged: 63/250 (25%)
Treasure-Seeker: 12/40 (30%)
Change the Channel: 13/50 (26%)
Volt Shepherd: 18/150 (12%)
Smash the Machine: 5/30 (17%)
You Got Served 38/50 (76%)

You can tell where we got stuck. :lol

Wat, i did it and I'm pretty sure 150 kills with a fusion rifle is not a thing. Theres a step which is get 50 kills with a pulse rifle though.

I read it at 1am and didn't remember for sure. Checking the abandoned quests kiosk, you are right. I don't like pulse rifles either, though that is much better. Edited. Thanks for the correction.

Anyone on PS4 want to group of for some casual Trials?

Mostly looking for scorecard completion and not expecting the Lighthouse but will see what happens lol.

message me @: TheCanisDirus

molnizzle

Not until they make self-respawn a thing in Nightfalls. If they wanna put matchmaking they also need to put self-respawn in. Not being able to revive yourself is the main thing, aside from an extra modifier or two, that distuingishes a Nightfall from a heroic strike. So no they shouldn't unless they change that mechanic, and most likely they won't change that.

Nah, there should definitely be matchmaking for Nightfall. Once they changed it so you don't get kicked back to orbit it became just as easy as a normal heroic strike. No reason to not have matchmaking. Same for CoE.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
95% of my playtime with Destiny is solo. I don't want to post a request to pull in two others of different classes every time I do anything. Steps like "get 50 pulse rifle kills" with a Titan and Warlock just strikes me as incredibly arbitrary and tedious (I don't use fusion rifles much).

You do realize, you can take your time right...

I mean you ask for NF help correct?, why not just ask it to be the other 2 classes

50 Pulse Rifle kills can be gotten within the NF

Then you can do 3 strike or 3 Crucible matches at anytime

Then last 3 public events, do Archon Forge

Tedious yes, but not unbearable like say Sword Quest

You can slowly work at it

Most of the requirements can be knocked out for Hardcore in say a few hours
Hell I've seen casual Destiny players who put in like 1-2 hours have it

Agent

Anybody raiding today (PS4) with an open spot for a first timer? I keep missing the first timer raids posted. With HM around the corner I'm guessing it is going to be a bit of a challenge to get it done for a bit until everything is worked out and inexperienced players can get in. Looking at LFG, most posts only want experienced people which is a bummer.

Worst case scenario, I'll try the raid in a few weeks once I need a break from Battlefield 1. :p

gspec

You do realize, you can take your time right...

I mean you ask for NF help correct?, why not just ask it to be the other 2 classes

50 Pulse Rifle kills can be gotten within the NF

Then you can do 3 strike or 3 Crucible matches at anytime

Then last 3 public events, do Archon Forge

Tedious yes, but not unbearable like say Sword Quest

You can slowly work at it

Most of the requirements can be knocked out for Hardcore in say a few hours
Hell I've seen casual Destiny players who put in like 1-2 hours have it
The 50 Pulse Rifle kills is for Crucible (PVP).

Anybody raiding today (PS4) with an open spot for a first timer? I keep missing the first timer raids posted. With HM around the corner I'm guessing it is going to be a bit of a challenge to get it done for a bit until everything is worked out and inexperienced players can get in. Looking at LFG, most posts only want experienced people which is a bummer.

Worst case scenario, I'll try the raid in a few weeks once I need a break from Battlefield 1. :p

I can help if we can get 4 more.
PSN: Outlaw_Omega

I can only dream for the day that crucible is only sort of garbage instead of complete garbage. Why didn't Bungie learn from making the maps for one game mode? Of course these maps are garbage for anything not Supremacy. Who saw that one coming? They just don't learn from anything. ):

If they don't do a balance patch within the next 3 months, then crucible is screwed.

Number45

man the archons forge loot is complete ass
If you're after light levels, sure, but it's great if you're after good class items and both the fusion and sniper are good.

My main complaint is how fucking rare Dreg offerings seem to be. Spent hours this week trying to do that bounty across two characters.

JJShadow

Just a quick reminder about our Newbie WotM run scheduled at 18:30 BST (roughly 6.5 hours from now)

Newbies WotM run - Sunday 16th 18:30 BST (UK time) - PS4

1. JJShadow - JJShadow77 (Sherpa)
2. Zakalwe - astropoff (Sherpa)
3. Future PhaZe - iStrangePixel (Newbie)
4. YomommaZ - Gigly (Newbie)
5. wheremypho - wheremypho (Newbie)
6. plantedunicorn - voa127 (Newbie)

Recommended videoguide to get familiar with the mechanics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRIkRgzDVIw
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ough-raid-4677

Sending out FR to everyone, we'll be starting as soon as we are all ready

So its come to my attention that I only need 2 trophies to ascend to the status of Guardian Lord... any dgaffers willing to let me in their clan and go on a flawless raid together?

Nothus

Okay I have two spaces for a fresh WoTM, doesn't really matter if you haven't run it before.
We're on teamspeak so it would help if you have TS available. Discord will also be ok I guess.

Edit we're on PS4 btw.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
16+ faction ranks for each characters.
Edge rank up for Eris for each.
Nearly 100 exotic and legendary engrams.

I'm ready for hard mode.

X-Frame

Has anyone here had any of their SIVA Cache Keys or SIVA Key Fragments disappear randomly?

I heard it was because of holding a lot of them (50+) and I am a bit worried since after last night I have 61.

keakster

16+ faction ranks for each characters.
Edge rank up for Eris for each.
Nearly 100 exotic and legendary engrams.

I'm ready for hard mode.

Enough mats/glimmer for the faction ranks? or are they unclaimed packages?

Just wondering if you can stack unclaimed packages or if they overwrite each other

WeTeHa

Okay I have two spaces for a fresh WoTM, doesn't really matter if you haven't run it before.
We're on teamspeak so it would help if you have TS available. Discord will also be ok I guess.

Edit we're on PS4 btw.

Random question: why aren't you using psn chat? Seems awfully inconvenient to use teamspeak. I don't even have a headset that works on my mac oO

Top Bottom