• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Trakan

PSN vid capturing is so garbage. When you want it to capture a whole match but for some reason it captures like the last 30 seconds some times. It doesn't do what it's advertised for.

That hasn't happened to me in forever. How are you saving your videos? I think if you have it set to double tapping the share button, it can have problems. I have it set to where the share button brings up the share menu, and you manually save the clip. I haven't had any problems after that.

HigXx

My vault is full. Like so full. I dont want to get rid of these Year 1 Weapons and Armor. Especially the raid stuff

GIVE ME MORE SPACE

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That hasn't happened to me in forever. How are you saving your videos? I think if you have it set to double tapping the share button, it can have problems. I have it set to where the share button brings up the share menu, and you manually save the clip. I haven't had any problems after that.

I didn't double tap. It's happened billion of times at this point which is why I usually stream to capture but good stuff always seem to happen I don't stream.

I didn't double tap. It's happened billion of times at this point which is why I usually stream to capture but good stuff always seem to happen I don't stream.

Weird, i do it like he says and i havent had an issue in over a year and i save a lot of stuff. It fucked up one time when exodus blue was the trials map but it was my fault because i activated that feature that it starts recording and then it stops when you press the share button again without meaning to. Lost a hilarious 1v3 though.

WeTeHa

Weird, i do it like he says and i havent had an issue in over a year and i save a lot of stuff. It fucked up one time when exodus blue was the trials map but it was my fault because i activated that feature that it starts recording and then it stops when you press the share button again without meaning to. Lost a hilarious 1v3 though.

Was that the one where you lagged over the entire map? :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
From my experience. If you capture after a match where you are pass the rewards screen it tends to do that. Like it captures you in orbit until whatever point instead of going back and capturing 15 minutes of anything. It should be that at whatever you point capture should capture the pass 15 minutes of anything period.

I'm @ Step 3 on Titan
I can help with Step 2 and hopefully Warlock will join us 2, then get up to at least Raid Boss step

So you have already done the NF and such?

Edit: I see that you are on the first puzzle step. If I can help even if I haven't reached that stage give me a shout.

WeTeHa

I think maybe this is the one you mean? :p

https://youtu.be/raJC8vm_Efw

Look at the amount of shots were turning a corner and hitting me lol.

Rhis could be the video from your perspective :D I remember it from the doctrine week, a video from someone else who was dead and watching your POV where you were stuck blinking around in the tube getting shot like crazy, taking no damage and you were talking about being on the complete opposite side of the map :p that was so funny :D

Rhis could be the video from your perspective :D I remember it from the doctrine week, a video from someone else who was dead and watching your POV where you were stuck blinking around in the tube getting shot like crazy, taking no damage and you were talking about being on the complete opposite side of the map :p that was so funny :D

Ohhhh that was xplicit lol. Pretty sure something broke when this happened and then i had the craziest perspective on speculating him lol. It was me watching him, not the opposite :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioyGOktYUKY

Thanks for the WotM run. Much appreciated patience as this newbie learned the ropes. Definitely a better raid than King's Fall, less mechanical and I felt like everyone had a more robust role to play throughout. The loot was surprisingly generous - I couldn't even carry it all out with me. That said, I ended up using all of it as infusion fodder, an alternate set of chest armor aside. Went into the raid at 361, came out at 365. Not bad.

It was fun to get all the monitors, but boy I don't think I've ever dropped a quest faster than I dropped that one once I saw the requirements. That's a giant heaping bucket of nope. Whatever it earns isn't worth that.

Easily the most fun quest I've ever done in Destiny. What is so off putting about it?

Zakalwe

Banned
Has anyone found a Legendary Mark of the Risen (starting Titan mark), and if so where did it drop?

If anyone wants to join us for a NF, we've got a free spot.

PSN: astropoff

Vic_Viper

Anyone on PS4 looking to do the Nightfall ill be on for the next few hours.

PSN Squadon
LL 360 Warlock

There appear to be a lot of people trying to do their first raid.
Might be time for a nice old fashioned... list.

Would very much like to be on that list as I just finally hit 360. Starting tomorrow ill have the next 3 days off work so im down anytime after today.

JRod2100

Neo Member
Anyone on Xbox up for a fresh raid? My brother and I are looking to go through it for the first time. Light 370 and 365, general idea of what to do. Send a msg, GT: JRod2100

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So you have already done the NF and such?

Edit: I see that you are on the first puzzle step. If I can help even if I haven't reached that stage give me a shout.

I'm up to the Raid part, found a Hunter/Warlock
Helped them from NF till up to Step 8, 3 Raid Boss kills

Will do the kills tonight and hopefully last puzzle help from group or come to GAF

Zakalwe

Banned
Thanks for the replies re: Mark of the Risen. I'm going to spam AF for a bit see if I can find one.

If anyone wants to join me, psn: astropoff

Clunker

Thanks for the WotM run. Much appreciated patience as this newbie learned the ropes. Definitely a better raid than King's Fall, less mechanical and I felt like everyone had a more robust role to play throughout. The loot was surprisingly generous - I couldn't even carry it all out with me. That said, I ended up using all of it as infusion fodder, an alternate set of chest armor aside. Went into the raid at 361, came out at 365. Not bad.

It was fun to get all the monitors, but boy I don't think I've ever dropped a quest faster than I dropped that one once I saw the requirements. That's a giant heaping bucket of nope. Whatever it earns isn't worth that.
WotM was the first raid I've ever run blind (was the only one I was able to), and it wad hilariously fun. Everything felt very organic and connected; I was sherpa'd through King's Fall and I couldn't imagine trying to figure out even the first encounter blindly. Super-accessible, generous with drops and secrets, and (outside of the last encounter, which will stop groups cold if their chemistry doesn't gel well) fairly forgiving of one or two missteps, which is relaxing. KF felt like one tiny stumble meant an insta-wipe.

Edit: What I also like is how the whole raid, outside of Phase 2 of Aksis, is very approachable to people lower on Light Levels, and you can very easily just run the first 4 encounters over the course of 2-3 weeks and boost your light up to where that final phase is approachable. My first raid run, I was 361, and after two weeks I finally finished off Aksis yesterday at 370; and the runs up to this didn't feel like a waste at all because I was getting steady drops along the way.

Dez_

Sounds like you got the Aksis kill after all? Glad to here it. Wish I could have stayed as we pretty much had the fight down, but I had some early morning commitments that I needed to focus on.

The Outbreak Prime quest line is long but it's not too bad. You just need to pace yourself and not do it all in one setting.

keakster

The Outbreak Prime quest line is long but it's not too bad. You just need to pace yourself and not do it all in one setting.

Also GG to Bungie for letting people who have already completed it re-acquire the SIVA engine to help others with the puzzles. Relieved the pressure to get it finished ASAP for fear of being left behind

Jabronium

I wound up hitching a ride with a buddy last night and finished the raid on my Titan. I got Be The Battery, so if a lock and hunter are around to do the NF, etc, I'll be around all day.

Vic_Viper

If im trying to get a ghost to drop, what is the best faction package to pick for the highest chance of one dropping? Im thinking it would be armor or chroma since they have the smallest pool to choose from but not sure which to focus on. Its the one piece of gear thats still 350 and its pissing me off lol. finally hit 363 though.

Clunker

If im trying to get a ghost to drop, what is the best faction package to pick for the highest chance of one dropping? Im thinking it would be armor or chroma since they have the smallest pool to choose from but not sure which to focus on. Its the one piece of gear thats still 350 and its pissing me off lol. finally hit 363 though.
I'm not sure either - I think either armor or chroma as well - but FYI if you didn't see the notes, next week's update will increase ghost drops from faction packages, artifact drops from Eris packages, and both ghost and artifact drops from Archon's Forge. As a dude who had a 353 ghost for a week or more, I feel you. :(

Ghost is a bonus drop so the type of package you pick is irrelevant.

R N G

Top Bottom