• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Hey DGAF, my friend and I are still at Aksis phase 2. :(

We would really like to finish the raid before Hard Mode is released. Would anyone gives us a hand today?

We will be available from 3pm onwards (Dublin time, GMT+1). I'm a titan at 365, he is a warlock at 374. We've never beaten the boss before, but we know what to do (practiced a few hours with the last raid group).

Is there any group of experienced raiders who would like to carry us? (Azolith joined, need 3 more!)

(Raven117, molnizzle and Pandora, we would love to finish it with you guys if you're available, but I guess timezones will make it very difficult)

1. Marco_Tovarich
  2. BSK_Kluster
  3. Azolith
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?

Sorry won't be able to help. Won't be home from work until 6pm est. But good luck!

Just out of curiosity what is it that you guys are stuck on exactly? Is it people not being where they need to be when empowered, deaths, dps?

It was a mix of the first 2 and some bombs not registering on Aksis.

BLCKATK

We would really like to finish the raid before Hard Mode is released. Would anyone gives us a hand today?

We will be available from 3pm onwards (Dublin time, GMT+1). I'm a titan at 365, he is a warlock at 374. We've never beaten the boss before, but we know what to do (practiced a few hours with the last raid group).

Is there any group of experienced raiders who would like to carry us? (Azolith joined, need 3 more!)

(Raven117, molnizzle and Pandora, we would love to finish it with you guys if you're available, but I guess timezones will make it very difficult)

1. Marco_Tovarich
  2. BSK_Kluster
  3. Azolith
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?

If you still need someone I can bring along a Titan or a Hunter, 380+

PSN: Azys_. Let me know.

Just out of curiosity what is it that you guys are stuck on exactly? Is it people not being where they need to be when empowered, deaths, dps?

Well, for my friend and I it was the first time, so sometimes we were getting confused. We also had been raiding for hours so we made random mistakes. Finally, because I was 359 when we tried, the DPS was a bit too low, so we couldn't miss one round.

We now know what to do and are higher level, so we should be fine. :)

3pm GMT+1:
- Marco_Tovarich
- BSK_Kluster
- Azolith
- BLCKATK
- ?
- ?

We just need two more guardians!! :D

JJShadow, thanks for the offer! If we still need a second try I'll let you know for a 7pm run. Thanks a mil!

KodaRuss

I dont have as much time to play as I did with some of the other expansions but damn DestinyGaf this grind is wearing on me. Trying to get my light level up for the raid and I am currently stuck at 365 and not moving, I have done about 8-10 strikes since hitting 365 and havent gotten any upgrades since.

I dont have as much time to play as I did with some of the other expansions but damn DestinyGaf this grind is wearing on me. Trying to get my light level up for the raid and I am currently stuck at 365 and not moving, I have done about 8-10 strikes since hitting 365 and havent gotten any upgrades since.

You read the wrong tutorial or watched the wrong video, strikes don't give rewards over 365 lol. At least until tomorrow when a patch is going to hit thats gonna change that. For now though, strikes are capped at 365, after that its faction packages, nightfall, raid, iron banner, trials and exotic engrams to increase light over that.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Communication is key in Aksis Phase 2. It's a very easy fight in the sense that you are basically just fighting shanks. The captains can be easily taken down with one sword swing or nova bomb/fist of havoc, celestial nighthawk if you dont have a sword. Every group I have failed with has struggled with the damn jump to stun Aksis. I get it, it's hard to coordinate 9-12 jumps and you cant expect 6 people to be perfect, but so many times people just dont get in position.

They are too concerned with damaging him instead of getting in position for the next teleport. They die in the shanks section which is bizarre to me since you can simply hang back and pick them off one by one. I could understand a level 360 guy getting shredded by shanks but anyone over 365 can take 4-10 hits before they go down.

I have been part of groups where we have taken him down in three phases. All you have to do is simply have three guys use cannons. one guy drop a bubble, one guy tether him and the rest use swords or gjallahorns. the guy doesnt even fight back lol.

TLDR: Just get in the damn position and forget about DPSing the boss until the final teleport.

The Thorn quest turned out to be rather painless and a lot quicker to complete than I thought it was going to be.

Part 1: Complete Wretched Eye...simple.
Part 2: Kill Fallen in Plaguelands...I literally did one Archon's Forge event, one Quarantine Patrol event, one Warsat Public event, and killed random Fallen in between and it was done - 20 minutes at most.
Part 3: Use void damage to defeat Guardians in Crucible...Titan outfitted with Armamentarium, Atheon's Epilogue, and The Branded Lord in the Supremacy playlist = Easy Peasy.
Part 4: Consume 5 Motes of Lights...LOL
Part 5: Open Strike Hoard chest after completing The Abomination Heist strike...simple.

Thorn acquired, I'll never use it.

Tomorrow will be much easier to reach 400 light without needing to raid. Archons forge, nightfall, iron banner, trials, etc. will allow you to get high light level drops.

Communication is key in Aksis Phase 2. It's a very easy fight in the sense that you are basically just fighting shanks. The captains can be easily taken down with one sword swing or nova bomb/fist of havoc, celestial nighthawk if you dont have a sword. Every group I have failed with has struggled with the damn jump to stun Aksis. I get it, it's hard to coordinate 9-12 jumps and you cant expect 6 people to be perfect, but so many times people just dont get in position.

They are too concerned with damaging him instead of getting in position for the next teleport. They die in the shanks section which is bizarre to me since you can simply hang back and pick them off one by one. I could understand a level 360 guy getting shredded by shanks but anyone over 365 can take 4-10 hits before they go down.

I have been part of groups where we have taken him down in three phases. All you have to do is simply have three guys use cannons. one guy drop a bubble, one guy tether him and the rest use swords or gjallahorns. the guy doesnt even fight back lol.

TLDR: Just get in the damn position and forget about DPSing the boss until the final teleport.

Totally! That happened to me several times.

Being below the recommended LL made me more concern about how much damage I was doing instead of actually focusing on being where I had to be.

@Azolith, BLCKATK, do you have any friends who could join? Also, when would you be available to start?

Xion385

Well, for my friend and I it was the first time, so sometimes we were getting confused. We also had been raiding for hours so we made random mistakes. Finally, because I was 359 when we tried, the DPS was a bit too low, so we couldn't miss one round.

We now know what to do and are higher level, so we should be fine. :)

3pm GMT+1:
- Marco_Tovarich
- BSK_Kluster
- Azolith
- BLCKATK
- ?
- ?

We just need two more guardians!! :D

JJShadow, thanks for the offer! If we still need a second try I'll let you know for a 7pm run. Thanks a mil!
I'll help out. Do you guys happen to have monitors as well at your checkpoint? I'll help either way. I have an Aksis Phase 2 I still need to complete

PSN: Xion385

SlimySnake

The nightfall should always give you one skeleton key on top of whatever loot you get. Can just make it a guaranteed single account drop like the radiant treasure.

I dont know about that. Did strike specific loot drop for you every time you completed a nightfall in year 2? Nightfalls simply had a higher chance of dropping strike specific loot than heroic strikes. I think it was 1 in 3 in my experience. 1 in 2 if you were lucky and grinding out the nightfall for loot.

In Year 3, instead of dropping loot, it just drops a key for you to use on any strike. I am ok with this. The drop rate seems to be the same for me in heroic and siva crisis playlist as it was in year 2. One in 5-6 in heroic, and 1 in 8-10 in siva crisis. the problem is that heroic strikes no longer take 7 minutes to complete in year 3 so it could well over an hour before I get a key.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I've seen people get empowered and just stand there even after I call them out on being empowered. YOU'RE GLOWING. IF YOU'RE GLOWING YOU'RE EMPOWERED. Almost 100% of the wipes I've had in this fight have been because people are glowing and don't understand that they are or what it means, even after having it explained a million times. The good news is that everyone seems to be behind those days, at least with my last bunch of groups.

I dont know about that. Did strike specific loot drop for you every time you completed a nightfall in year 2? Nightfalls simply had a higher chance of dropping strike specific loot than heroic strikes. I think it was 1 in 3 in my experience. 1 in 2 if you were lucky and grinding out the nightfall for loot.

In Year 3, instead of dropping loot, it just drops a key for you to use on any strike. I am ok with this. The drop rate seems to be the same for me in heroic and siva crisis playlist as it was in year 2. One in 5-6 in heroic, and 1 in 8-10 in siva crisis. the problem is that heroic strikes no longer take 7 minutes to complete in year 3 so it could well over an hour before I get a key.

Luck you, I've only seen 1 skeleton key this past week.

Xion385

Nice! Thanks Xion385!

So we just need one more:
- Marco_Tovarich
- BSK_Kluster
- Azolith
- BLCKATK
- Xion385
- ?

When can you guys start?
I'm available now. I'll be doing the daily public event bounties while we wait.

Does anyone happen to know if the monitors get saved on your checkpoint? We activate 4 monitors on mine. If that's the case we can load up my checkpoint and we can get the Outbreak Prime Quest.

BLCKATK

Nice! Thanks Xion385!

So we just need one more:
- Marco_Tovarich
- BSK_Kluster
- Azolith
- BLCKATK
- Xion385
- ?

When can you guys start?

I'm ready to go. I'll have to leave in 2 and a half hours but I'm not expecting it to take nearly that long.

Does anyone happen to know if the monitors get saved on your checkpoint? We activate 4 monitors on mine. If that's the case we can load up my checkpoint and we can get the Outbreak Prime Quest.

They do not save. You need to get them all in one go.

This. People's sense of entitlement is insane in this game. We weren't getting strike specific drops all the time and none of them were ever guaranteed. Why should they be now?

I'm available now. I'll be doing the daily public event bounties while we wait.

They don't save. You need to do it in one go.

Swords should be dedicated Captain killers at all times, if using a Celestial Nighthawk build the super should be saved for DPS phase, and concerning being in position if Aksis is on either the left or right you only need to have two Empowered in position (either right or left depending on Aksis' current position and back-mid).

If you go into the fight completely organized with a plan it goes quite well...

Designate who will switch in each position if both are Empowered.
The Empowered throws Siva charge, the other player grabs cannon.
If both players are Empowered the one switching will grab the cannon and go thus making the non-empowered player where the player is switching to a Siva thrower.

Kill all shanks and then the Captain.

Left and Right Empowered cover front-mid.

Sword users use cannons during DPS phase in combination with Tethers, WoL, and Celestial Nighthawks.

Aksis dead.

Pejo

Argh....PSVR sidetracked me this weekend and I forgot to log in to buy the Tresspasser from Xur this weekend. Dammit, that's one of the few non-quest Exotics I don't have.

Raven117

1. Marco_Tovarich
  2. BSK_Kluster
  3. Azolith
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?

Thanks for the invite Marco, but I wont be able to assist today. Good luck to you guys! You guys will get it for sure.

Raven117

Swords should be dedicated Captain killers at all times, if using a Celestial Nighthawk build the super should be saved for DPS phase, and concerning being in position if Aksis is on either the left or right you only need to have two Empowered in position (either right or left depending on Aksis' current position and back-mid).

Designate who will switch on each side if both are Empowered.
If both players are Empowered the one switching will grab the cannon and go thus making the non-empowered player where the player is switching to a Siva thrower.

Sword users use cannons during DPS phase in combination with Tethers, WoL, and Celestial Nighthawks.

Aksis dead.

Makes sense, but if you are carrying first timers, sometimes its just easier to say to first time players..."you don't move" throw bomb from your side everytime.

Does anyone know, what the base damage is for Zen Meteor compared to the 1000 Yard Stare? Can't test it out now as I'm work but I've been wondering if it's worth using for DPS against Aksys as these are the only two sniper rifles I have. Just wanting to see if the extra damage from the Zen Meteor is worth the exotic slot usage.

Makes sense, but if you are carrying first timers, sometimes its just easier to say to first time players..."you don't move" throw bomb from your side everytime.

Just have first time players use Gally or Sleeper Cell. The experienced guy can run sword and will be the one to run canon and move if both are empowered.

Mafro

The Thorn quest turned out to be rather painless and a lot quicker to complete than I thought it was going to be.

Part 1: Complete Wretched Eye...simple.
Part 2: Kill Fallen in Plaguelands...I literally did one Archon's Forge event, one Quarantine Patrol event, one Warsat Public event, and killed random Fallen in between and it was done - 20 minutes at most.
Part 3: Use void damage to defeat Guardians in Crucible...Titan outfitted with Armamentarium, Atheon's Epilogue, and The Branded Lord in the Supremacy playlist = Easy Peasy.
Part 4: Consume 5 Motes of Lights...LOL
Part 5: Open Strike Hoard chest after completing The Abomination Heist strike...simple.

Thorn acquired, I'll never use it.
I got the bounty on Saturday night and completed it the next day, so much easier than year 1. Most tedious part was the crucible stuff with my titan because I didn't have a void primary so I just went defender, put on No Backup Plans and used the void shotgun I got from Iron Banner last week and it was pretty simple and only took an hour and a half or so. Got a 384 Devil's Dawn and 384 artifact from the chest as well which was nice.

Still think it's bullshit they've hidden it behind an RNG bounty again, both because you shouldn't have to do all that again if you have the year 1 version and that you need it to complete one of the tasks in the RoI record book. I don't think anything in there should be based on getting something via pure luck.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This. People's sense of entitlement is insane in this game. We weren't getting strike specific drops all the time and none of them were ever guaranteed. Why should they be now?

First, someone wishing that an item dropped more frequently is hardly acting entitled. The mere act of asking for something doesn't mean you are acting entitled.

Second of all, the worst justification for something is that it's "always been that way". Well, why can't things improve? When Destiny came out, drops weren't guaranteed at the end of strikes. Then Bungie improved strikes by giving us guaranteed loot. Was this a mistake because, previously, it had never been that way? That's just silly.

spyder_ur

I'm not gonna get into entitlement or anything, but I totally agree with the sentiments. There's no way this is worse than the old system, where people were literally farming and exploiting bosses to maximize chances.

That doesn't mean it can't be improved. One per first NF clear on an account sounds reasonable. I would have like to have a sense of what the drop rates would be - I and I'm guessing a bunch of people here used them up when leveling, rather than their real purpose.

But either way, I don't have that many complaints about it because I never got strike specific loot in year 2 (exception of farming Omnigul) and this is much better.

SlimySnake

Designate who will switch in each position if both are Empowered.

Aksis dead.
cant say i disagree. we used celestial nighthawk and other supers to kill the captains when we first did the raid in our mid 360s and were taking forever to kill the captains with weapons, and have kinda stuck with it since. dark drinker takes out the captains in one hit now that i am 385 so yeah, saving the super for aksis seems like a good idea.

It's easy to pull off in groups you are familiar with but when joining randoms its hard to coordinate without coming off as a total douchebag. if you try to explain too much, people get confused. If you call out the weak links, people get upset and defensive. if you dont do any of that, you get stuck at the final boss for hours.

I'm not gonna get into entitlement or anything, but I totally agree with the sentiments. There's no way this is worse than the old system, where people were literally farming and exploiting bosses to maximize chances.

That doesn't mean it can't be improved. One per first NF clear on an account sounds reasonable. I would have like to have a sense of what the drop rates would be - I and I'm guessing a bunch of people here used them up when leveling, rather than their real purpose.

But either way, I don't have that many complaints about it because I never got strike specific loot in year 2 (exception of farming Omnigul) and this is much better.
yeah calling it entitlement is a bit harsh, but all i got last year was Tread Upon Stars over and over again. It was frustrating as hell to run hours and hours heroic of strikes and get tread upon stars from fucking valas tharaq or the shield brothers or one of the other strikes.

I don't think it's entitlement, just people thinking a new mechanic (skeleton key) would make things a bit easier. For some, it will be...Just play a bunch, and eventually you will get a key, and eventually you will get the item you want. BUT, for those who don't mind a bit of a grind, it will be harder. No running the strike over and over to almost guarantee that item in one play session.

Lima

And don't forget never use Outbreak Prime 😂

cant say i disagree. we used celestial nighthawk and other supers to kill the captains when we first did the raid in our mid 360s and were taking forever to kill the captains with weapons, and have kinda stuck with it since. dark drinker takes out the captains in one hit now that i am 385 so yeah, saving the super for aksis seems like a good idea.

It's easy to pull off in groups you are familiar with but when joining randoms its hard to coordinate without coming off as a total douchebag. if you try to explain too much, people get confused. If you call out the weak links, people get upset and defensive. if you dont do any of that, you get stuck at the final boss for hours.

The true final boss, being able to course correct without coming off as a dick.

KodaRuss

You read the wrong tutorial or watched the wrong video, strikes don't give rewards over 365 lol. At least until tomorrow when a patch is going to hit thats gonna change that. For now though, strikes are capped at 365, after that its faction packages, nightfall, raid, iron banner, trials and exotic engrams to increase light over that.

Tomorrow will be much easier to reach 400 light without needing to raid. Archons forge, nightfall, iron banner, trials, etc. will allow you to get high light level drops.

... :| Someone on my PSN friends list is about to get some hate mail.

Even the legendary engrams and packages I have gotten have almost all been 365 as well but still I have obviously been doing it wrong.

LifEndz

The nightfall should always give you one skeleton key on top of whatever loot you get. Can just make it a guaranteed single account drop like the radiant treasure.

Yeah. One guaranteed key a week would be nice. And maybe included a certain amount of silver every week too.

im_dany

Hi guys, I don't know if it's the right place to ask, but a friend got two codes for the Union of Light emblem and was wondering how much they may be worth. I see them going for even 50€ on ebay but I wouldn't trust that too much since Paypal usually sides with buyers for digital codes.

Top Bottom