• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Welp I'm done with Destiny till update

Warlock:
nMFY5e2.jpg

Titan:
591QAjD.jpg

Hunter:
gj3ECUK.jpg

So, all have packages already at the factions to pick up
Edged for next package
Then Bounties to get another package
Then materials/heavy ammo synths
Then new bounties to do, nightfall

So yeah I'll have 5+ packages each quickly within first day just by setting this up
With synths roughly 30 more packages!

Isn't that the norm?

That's ideal, but a lot of people have trouble being flexible. Some people would rather always have the cannon or throw the charges or always be in the same place because that's what they feel the most comfortable.
Ideally everyone should be able to fill every role in the raid.

On Aksis, Anyone employing a strategy where the people with cannons are the empowered guardians? Seems like it could solve the issue of not having people positioned to slam into aksis's back.

Had someone advocate that during my first run through. We settled on fixed throwers/cannoneers; on a duplicate empowered the cannoneer moves.

Isn't that the norm?

Dunno. MythicReclaimer runs it the opposite.

Whatever works.

i didn't play the april update... is the taken sword no good?

It's the same as the void-edge legendary sword but does bonus damage against Taken. So it's fine for what it is. The exotic swords have special attacks that make them much more useful/powerful.

phen0m24

The one on the top right, the gold cat with the black background.
But yes, I'll never get it.

:(

Edged for next package

So yeah I'll have 5+ packages each quickly within first day just by setting this up
With synths roughly 30 more packages!

Egads, Grave raid ready in 5 minutes after reset

You missed one bounty on your hunter, grave.
I loled

GraveRobberX

You missed one bounty on your hunter, grave.

Its the 10 Taken Captain kills
Got tired on my Hunter, so I'll do it later with Petra bounties which will stack tomorrow/day after

Don't want to go grind Dreadnought

I'll wait, its only +65, 3000xp, all my other Vanguard bounties are the same +65 ones

By the way Bungie should give me an award for being a Bounty + Patrol master lol

Isn't that the norm?

Not really, at least with the people I have played with. Generally we just have people pick what they want to do. If some one has to hike across the map, they just say hold the final bomb. Works pretty well. As long as people are communicating, there shouldn't be a problem.

platocplx

Isn't that the norm?

Had someone advocate that during my first run through. We settled on fixed throwers/cannoneers; on a duplicate empowered the cannoneer moves.

Dunno. MythicReclaimer runs it the opposite.

Whatever works.

Yeah ive seen opposite, our first clear was pretty damn insane i was watching the video and we pretty much had some semblance of having people in spaces but we really clutched it out.

Also i think good practice for people is to NOT immediately wipe that part and just power through and get the hang of eachother and try to get through it.

On normal it does NOT have to be perfect we found out we missed phases etc and still made did enough damage having a couple clean runs mixed in with mistakes.

I encourage people to try and play through and dont think its a total waste if you miss one or even two damage phases.

GraveRobberX

Too many people calling me out on my last bounty...

I'll get it done tonight

Damn can a brotha rest after somehow perfecting the edging process to such finesse that I got it for all 3 Guardians

*Marvels at his own Work*

😍😍😍😍😍😵😵😵😵😵

heckfu

Banned

Warlock:
http://i.imgur.com/nMFY5e2.jpg

Titan:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/591QAjD.jpg

Hunter:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gj3ECUK.jpg

Edged for next package

With synths roughly 30 more packages![/QUOTE]

Something tells me you don't have a job.

Nicodemic

How long does a damage phase last on the 3rd teleport of Aksis? Because WoL lasts 10 seconds but if your titan is using the Glass House it will last 15 seconds. With Dark Drinker wouldn't it be an interesting benefit?

I'd really like to finish my current ticket for Trials before the reset. I have five wins and one loss. I'm mainly doing it for the Moments of Triumph. PS4. I'd really appreciate if two people could help me.

You forgot to show your bank full of exotic engrams, Grave!

I screwed up, I ended up edging my vanguard rep just doing patrols and crap (already had one faction package ready to pick up), oops. don't be like me haha. Also by "saving" the iron lord bounties you won't be able to pick them up next week, I guess the 2k rep is better to hold but since most people will want to do a lot of Archon Forge's next week if they are a new source of 385+ ghosts/artifacts, seems like i'll want to grab the new iron lord bounties.

I didn't care though about kings fall HM and don't really care about WOTM HM, just normal is good enough for me. Time to move onto gears 4, battlefield 1, and soon titanfall 2, Infinite Warfare, and FF15.

xuchu

Isn't that the norm?

So I've done it both ways multiple times but I prefer the fixed cannon wielder/bomb thrower strategy than the empowerment dictating what role you will do. The raid adds randomness by giving empowerment to 3 random people and you can combat that by assigning roles. If you're new to the raid, this allows you to practice your defined roles and, after a few wipes, you'll hopefully know what is expected of you.

In the case of a empowerment being given to two people on the same side, I always advocate taking out captain together and then the cannon wielder rotating to the side that needs empowerment (because you are generally moving around anyway) after killing your respective servitor. There really is no rush as you have a lot of time to do this.

Having said that, I think the best way is whatever way you and your group is comfortable with. There's no sense in arguing strategies when they all work pretty well.

I'll get it done tonight

Damn can a brotha rest after somehow perfecting the edging process to such finesse that I got it for all 3 Guardians

😍😍😍😍😍😵😵😵😵😵

No Shaxfalls? I expected more from you GRX.

GraveRobberX

Time to get Master Kwang!
I really like Kwang. Already closing in on level 5 :eek:

Haven't touched Paragon for over a week+

Stupid skin hunting really demoralized me
Some got them just entering chats, I stayed hours watching, nothing...

I even streamed, but no go

Shouldn't be this fucking Rare!
Still have 1.25million rep banked
Might boot it up tonight and earn back 3 Victory Chests and hope to net something

Kwang, I played, fun ass abilities
Gonna create a nice deck for him

GraveRobberX

You forgot to show your bank full of exotic engrams, Grave!

I screwed up, I ended up edging my vanguard rep just doing patrols and crap (already had one faction package ready to pick up), oops. don't be like me haha. Also by "saving" the iron lord bounties you won't be able to pick them up next week, I guess the 2k rep is better to hold but since most people will want to do a lot of Archon Forge's next week if they are a new source of 385+ ghosts/artifacts, seems like i'll want to grab the new iron lord bounties.

I didn't care though about kings fall HM and don't really care about WOTM HM, just normal is good enough for me. Time to move onto gears 4, battlefield 1, and soon titanfall 2, Infinite Warfare, and FF15.

The Shiro Bounties always Swap every week
There hasnt been the same bounty given the prior week

It rotates

Like if you get kill 100 with axe, kill fallen
Then next week I think it goes to the patrol one and captain
There's one I haven't seen but its in the wiki, kill Fallen with Arc damage

That one I think I've never seen since Iron Lord Bounties have come out

Same for AF, one week its Captain,/Servitor, then the other Shank/Dreg, Vandal one too

Remember there's 11 Iron Lord Bounties

6 Basic
5 Archon Forge related
You get 4 every week, I think it's 2 Basic + 2 AF related

So there's a nice gap of not losing a bounty when the next week bounties shuffle in
I remember due to having 8 Iron Lord bounties done and using them all

Slamo

Any Titans willing to help out a Warlock and a hunter with the last step of the prime? We'll be online in around 2 hours.

I'll get it done tonight

😍😍😍😍😍😵😵😵😵😵
Your skill is unrivaled.

spyder_ur

Thinking about the discussion about the best weapons to use during the raid, I think based on the variety of answers preferences that Bungie has done a good job with both weapon balance and availability in PvE. There's a lot of good choices to choose from provided you execute.

Such a step up from ToM being a near-necessity for Oryx.

You can also see why they nerfed ToM. It would have trivialized some of these encounters, and I assume it would have been the DPS kind with blessing/weapons bubble.

Well played Bungie.

Grave pls

You're gonna be 400 in the first hour lol.

Unless factions only go to 390 or something. Honestly given their silence, I'm kind of expecting that at this point and as I've wrote before it wouldn't bother me at all.

GraveRobberX

As the thread conversation was on about the last boss fight before I derailed it for a few lol

One thing I do no matter who I'm grouped up with that makes the whole encounter safe is you don't blow up Middle Servitor until bypasses the second set of stairs

I stay in the middle, bomb thrower, I make right and left throw there's ASAP
Then I give a final howl of Empowered Right/Left/Back Mid, once I get that I lob
Even if I'm the one empowered for back mid, I can make it there easily in time

Communication is key but if you give your team the extra 10 seconds to position themselves it really goes a long way

All people I have helped get their wins, I request to this way and we prevail every time
Even if its 4+ new to the encounter, if you make the encounter slow down by holding and positioning everyone in place, you can not fail

Its when people rush and just want to damage him ASAP and cross communication or role gets switched due to death or other things people just lose sight and wipes galore

platocplx

As the thread conversation was on about the last boss fight before I derailed it for a few lol

One thing I do no matter who I'm grouped up with that makes the whole encounter safe is you don't blow up Middle Servitor until bypasses the second set of stairs

Then I give a final howl of Empowered Right/Left/Back Mid, once I get that I lob

Communication is key but if you give your team the extra 10 seconds to position themselves it really goes a long way

All people I have helped get their wins, I request to this way and we prevail every time
Even if its 4+ new to the encounter, if you make the encounter slow down by holding and positioning everyone in place, you can not fail

Its when people rush and just want to damage him ASAP and cross communication or role gets switched due to death or other things people just lose sight and wipes galore

This makes a lot of sense. So in terms of time he doesnt hit critical until A servitor reaches their respective spots?

This makes a lot of sense. So in terms of time he doesnt hit critical until A servitor reaches their respective spots?

He will go critical based on time as well.

FYI if you missed a ball so need fewer balls in a subsequent round you can let unneeded servitors reach their plates with no ill effect.

A really good point - do not throw third bomb until everyone is back in position. Waiting to kill that last Servitor would facilitate this nicely.

GraveRobberX

Close, but remember you can still throw your bomb when his Critical Animation triggers

I've thrown a bomb like 5 seconds into the animation to make him warp

The reason I ask right and left to throw there's ASAP is to get whoever is Empowered positioned at their respective places

I ask my Cannon guy to hold off till the last bit, hell sometime till its on the plate
Just so right and left bombs are thrown, then communication comes into play, but its so quickly resolved with signal calls

I just yell

Destroy middle servitor *whatever element is*
Throwing bomb in 5
Right side Empowered...
"Answer"
Left side Empowered...
"Answer"
If I'm not Empowered, Back Mid Empowered...
"Answer"
Bomb thrown
Start Warp/Teleport cycle

Then just need clear communication amongst empowered players

Frostburn

Your skill is unrivaled.

This joke was not missed, haha

Grave is the most prepared among the 1% for sure, even with that unfinished bounty :)

Fresh raid tonight?

1. ethomaz
2. US-Frostburn

Depending on the time it starts I'd be down to raid tonight, what time were you thinking?

I need to finish up the OP Quest on my Warlock (I'd just be in it for the boss kills for the quest but more than willing to help)

platocplx

Close, but remember you can still throw your bomb when his Critical Animation triggers

I've thrown a bomb like 5 seconds into the animation to make him warp

The reason I ask right and left to throw there's ASAP is to get whoever is Empowered positioned at their respective places

I ask my Cannon guy to hold off till the last bit, hell sometime till its on the plate
Just so right and left bombs are thrown, then communication comes into play, but its so quickly resolved with signal calls

I just yell

Destroy middle servitor *whatever element is*
Throwing bomb in 5
Right side Empowered...
"Answer"
Left side Empowered...
"Answer"
If I'm not Empowered, Back Mid Empowered...
"Answer"
Bomb thrown
Start Warp/Teleport cycle

Then just need clear communication amongst empowered players

That makes sense you can def recover in mid but left and right def have to be there. Ive seen that too where you can throw it and still get him.

had a crazy time the other day with a pure LFG team made me realize you have to break EVERY detail down for people even stuff as simple as not telling people to just jump on his back and instead saying hold square when on his back.

I think Bungie shouldn't have made it where people have to hold square vs just initiating the animation like in rift(if im not mistaken it does it automatically)

anyone else having issues with their netduma? I've had the same settings for months, no issues and now i cant even play a crucible game without beavering out.

Top Bottom