• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

ekgrey

Also, is there anyone on XB1 who'd be willing to do the raids with a total noob? I haven't done a single one yet. Would like to start with VoG and go sequentially.

TsuWave

second week in a row losing the last match for a 9-0 completion. i just hate the current skate+shotgun or skip nade+shinobu's vow thing going on in trials. frustrating. it feels like when my team does adapt to the shotguns there's always a skip nade around the corner or a stormcaller with a melee that has sniper range. oh well, maybe next week

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Man, why the fuck does so much of the blue/rare armor have crazy cool designs :

Lots of cool armor designs that are just not worth having.

I wonder that as well. It would make sense that every piece of blue gear would have a legendary counter part that was similar in style. There are so many blue helmets that are awesome looking.
Like that Warlock one with the teeth/spine on the top.

I think it would be a good fix to having all of the faction vendor gear looking so similar.

Zakalwe

Banned
Congrats on your first Aksys kill guys! I'm so glad you got it done, and monitors included. You all did an amazing job for your first time, believe me, such a fun and smooth run!

Excellent work! Sorry I couldn't be there, my internet is shitting itself constantly. Once my new package is installed on Wed I'll be able to help with these again.

I don't feel like I'm terrible at Crucible, but Trials sure makes me feel that way haha. I have fun trying, but I don't know how I could ever get to the Lighthouse.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
just give us transmog please bungie. I hate the fucking warlock raid gear ugh

Blasphemy!

I did get some awesome looking Gauntlets from a Strike I wouldn't mind tranmoging
The Warlock Gauntlets from the Nexus Reborn strike

They look so awesome, but no way in hell am I giving up Baby Ruin Wings lol

Sky Walker

Edit :I might be able to hit 399-400 before touching the HM raid if I get 3 or 4 more exotic leg engrams. I've been hoarding exotic engrams for 3 weeks.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I wish we could somehow ascend blues to legendary.

I hope there's a system for this in D2. Especially considering how much Bungie were emphasizing that gear would 'tell your individual story' (in the early pre release videos). In the end it just became a race to the raid set and we all ended up looking more or less the same.

Is something up with the blues dropping after 320 LL strikes? I'm still struggling to get any of my characters to 365 (finally hit 361 today on my hunter) so I've been doing strikes as advised. But out of probably eight today, only one has dropped anything above my current level, two were at the same level, and the rest were all 340 or even 240s! Like, what the hell? I also haven't gotten a single skeleton key in about two dozen strikes, not since my very first one with RoI.

I've taken to decrypting my exotic engrams I had been told to horde because it's the only way I'm making any progress at all. Also, drop rate for exotics after bosses with 3oC seems a lot lower than just a couple days ago. I was averaging one in every three ultras, today I've gotten two all day.
Someone misadvised you. You don't do the 320 strikes to get to 365. Those blues only drop to 340. You do the 350 strike list and you should get about 2 blue drops from the bosses in those strikes. Those blues go to 365.

And note that come Tuesday the above will probably not be accurate either.

I think this qualifies as the most ridiculous snipe i have done

3oz8xQKEd6eG5CmclG.gif

And they don't always drop an artifact.

Thx for the replies though. I'm close to ranking up Eris, so hopefully luck is on my side.

In my experience artifacts dropped from Skeleton Key use more than 50% when using them and concerning the drop rate for Skeleton Keys themselves I'd say I averaged about one per every four strikes.

Be careful what you use them on then. In my experience, keys drop at a rate of about 1 per hour.

With the amount I've used I doubt there is anything worthwhile gear wise I am missing so the only thing I'll be using them for now will most likely be for strategic infusion (depending on the strike and needed gear slot for infusion) in going from 387 LL in the run up to 400 LL.

Trakan

With the amount I've used I doubt there is anything worthwhile gear wise I am missing so the only thing I'll be using them for now will most likely be for strategic infusion (depending on the strike and needed gear slot for infusion) in going from 387 LL in the run up to 400 LL.

There's always the Fakebringer.

There's always the Fakebringer.

I'm more than happy with the Ace of Spades combined with Gunslinger Trance and Chain of Woe perks for the Hunter's Gunslinger class but yeah I can see myself using a Skeleton Key on the Undying Mind if I need a primary infusion with the added bonus of the unlikely perfect roll.

Top Bottom