• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

timnich

Anyone have any tips how to get 25 sword kills in crucible for the Sword Reforged quest? I hate crucible requirements for questlines so much, I feel like I'm fucking my team by chasing some bullshit requirements.

Hedera

Can you get some of the new trials weapons or gear by doing the gold tier bounty?
I don't remember what I got last time but it wasn't something new.
I'm really not sure what you get.
I just completed my first card. I had five wins and three losses. I seem to be able to buy another card by using this one. Is this how I get the rewards for the five wins? (this was my first time doing Trials and I am completely unfamiliar with how it works)
If you have 5 wins then you already got the reward which would be a piece of gear. I think if you have 3 losses you need to buy new card to be able to enter trials again. If you get to 5 wins on that new card (on the same character) you won't be getting the reward, but if you get to 7 wins you get a weapon.

I'm not too versed in trials either.

I just completed my first card. I had five wins and three losses. I seem to be able to buy another card by using this one. Is this how I get the rewards for the five wins? (this was my first time doing Trials and I am completely unfamiliar with how it works)

You can buy however many passages you want to keep playing the mode. As for the rewards, you can get an armor piece at 5 wins on the card and a weapon at 7 wins, mercury trip is getting to 9 wins without a loss on the card. You can get all of these 3x if you have 3 characters. Other than that there are also post game random drops which drops the y2 gear.

Born2Live

Disappointed that I haven't had a chance to run trials this week. Spent most my time playing a ton of Crucible trying to up my PVP game. I've made my main aim for Destiny Y3 to make it to Mercury without being carried.

Anyone have any tips how to get 25 sword kills in crucible for the Sword Reforged quest? I hate crucible requirements for questlines so much, I feel like I'm fucking my team by chasing some bullshit requirements.

I believe hitting them with the hilt counts, so you don't need ammo, just go around hitting them with it equipped. You'll get it in no time.

You probabaly shouldn't worry about teammates when solo queuing.

Best way to get the sword kills legit is to play Mayhem when it is available.

Other ways include using the hilt to two-hit kill anyone who comes close. Hint: throw a grenade first.

You can also queue into classic rumble with a fireteam and kill some buddies.

I feel you, but I did it by slowly killing fools with my sword. You're not doing much harm to your team by chasing sword kills, considering you only get heavy ammo once per match, and considering you can net points by killing opposing players.

Just do it. Don't feel guilty. I still have three more kills to go to finish that quest myself.

I'm really not sure what you get.

If you have 5 wins then you already got the reward which would be a piece of gear. I think if you have 3 losses you need to buy new card to be able to enter trials again. If you get to 5 wins on that new card (on the same character) you won't be getting the reward, but if you get to 7 wins you get a weapon.

I'm not too versed in trials either.

I see, thanks! I'll pass for more Trials tonight though. I'm down for later in the week.

You can buy however many passages you want to keep playing the mode. As for the rewards, you can get an armor piece at 5 wins on the card and a weapon at 7 wins, mercury trip is getting to 9 wins without a loss on the card. You can get all of these 3x if you have 3 characters. Other than that there are also post game random drops which drops the y2 gear.

I see. Is there a point to visiting Mercury? Any chest with unique gear?

Trials happens friday through reset on tuesday.

Thanks

Mindlog

Would anyone be interested in hitting the Hard Raid at 5Pm EST tomorrow? Problem is I'm going to have to take a conference call and we can't seem to nail down the time which means I may have to leave. However, I know Jay is interested and starting later wouldn't work :] Finding a sub would be easy if it came to that. Hopefully it doesn't.

1. Jayforone
2. Mindlog

Please be at least LL 399 with a 410 Dark Drinker. This is a speed run.
Or you now. Whatever. 380+ would be nice though.

X-Frame

25 Materials = +50 Rep

So 1 full stack of material (200) = +400 Rep

You need 6.25 full stacks to get there or 1250 materials per rank up

10 Legendary Marks = 20 Material
So 100 Marks = 200 Material

You would need 630 Legendary Marks for a Rank Up package

Thanks Grave! It doesn't really seem like a very worthwhile conversation ratio. Heavy synths still seem by and large the best option by far, unless I am missing something.

I know Motes too, but Motes are also useful in quickly dumping XP into items and they're used in Infusion. Strange Coins are literally worthless except for Xur.

xuchu

Would anyone be interested in hitting the Hard Raid at 5Pm EST tomorrow? Problem is I'm going to have to take a conference call and we can't seem to nail down the time which means I may have to leave. However, I know Jay is interested and starting later wouldn't work :] Finding a sub would be easy if it came to that. Hopefully it doesn't.

1. Jayforone
2. Mindlog

Please be at least LL 399 with a 410 Dark Drinker. This is a speed run.
Or you now. Whatever. 380+ would be nice though.

I'm up for it. 386 warlock.

PSN: Talos_AI

timnich

You probabaly shouldn't worry about teammates when solo queuing.

Best way to get the sword kills legit is to play Mayhem when it is available.

Other ways include using the hilt to two-hit kill anyone who comes close. Hint: throw a grenade first.

You can also queue into classic rumble with a fireteam and kill some buddies.

I feel you, but I did it by slowly killing fools with my sword. You're not doing much harm to your team by chasing sword kills, considering you only get heavy ammo once per match, and considering you can net points by killing opposing players.

Just do it. Don't feel guilty. I still have three more kills to go to finish that quest myself.

I see, thanks! I'll pass for more Trials tonight though. I'm down for later in the week.
Thanks for the advice, got the 25 kills. Actually got a 5 kill streak using only the hilt haha.

Frostburn

I'm down for a Trials Carry if anyone can, no need to get to the lighthouse, that would just be icing. Also down for 2x Nightfalls, the raid (need boss kills for OP quest) or regular crucible

Frostburn

WotM Raid for boss kills, can do the whole raid if the group is up for it:

1. US-Frostburn
2. Robdraggoo
3. Adamkoy
4. akademik209
5. kortez1981
6. reznuh

Waiting on Adamkoy and kortez1981

Myself, 2 clanmates and 3 randoms. Got a fresh raid run done in 56min. Nothing record breaking but didn't wipe once. Looking forward to some new challenges tomorrow.

Top Bottom