• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Melchiah

I presume the light level is raised later, when the heroic raid comes available, not when the update arrives?

I'm itching to rank up reputation. =)

eP3RBKml.jpg

I couldn't help myself, what can I say other than I am weak, just picked up Playstation VR and the Destiny Collection (for Cinema mode). It says it's only a 18.6 GB download, does anyone know if that includes all the current content in Destiny or will there be more downloads after the initial one?

I'll be going with three Hunters on Playstation, one built for each subclass and to streamline the Leveling.

Melchiah

I couldn't help myself, what can I say other than I am weak, just picked up Playstation VR and the Destiny Collection (for Cinema mode). It says it's only a 18.6 GB download, does anyone know if that includes all the current content in Destiny or will there be more downloads after the initial one?

I'll be going with three Hunters on Playstation, one built for each subclass and to streamline the Leveling.

IIRC, the current file size is well over 30GB.

Tjamato88

Sunsinger/Gjally/Raze/Qullim/Spindle/Sunbreakers/GG/Hammers...

It's not impossible, will just take a few tries.
But do I want to do that for a sparrow kit? Probably not.

Might be worth it then but damn it's gonna be a pain in the ass.

Also what's the best way to get exotic shards? I know people have talked about it before but I can't remember.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
This Nightfall is going to be bonkers. The Brothers strike is challenging enough when it's just a solar burn in the heroic playlist.

Melchiah

Also what's the best way to get exotic shards? I know people have talked about it before but I can't remember.

Since I have a plenty of Strange Coins, I just buy weapons from Xur, level up them with Motes of Light, and dismantle them for two shards.

EDIT: You also get a shard occasionally from public events.

HM mechanics guesses (some from not just me on Discord):

And no revives? Gotta be in.
And More Majors for HM? Spliced enemies?
Two Monitors instead of one to shoot at during Vosiks?
Spliced Servitors shoot you instead of amble around?
More orb things to throw at during Aksis phase one?
Can't damage Aksis phase 2 unless you use the supercharge mechanic?
One less platform to jump on during Asksis phase 2?

For Vosiks apparently there are monitors on the sides and up behind you as well. The thought is you will have to be alert to those as well. I also don't doubt there being a cooldown timer on the Siva charges making players alternate throwing them just to add another dynamic to it.

Don't have a clue on the Siege Engine other than less time and more enemies.

Aksis Phase 1 will probably have more targets/servitors during the three rounds and less time as well.

Aksis Phase 2 will probably have volatile Servitors (firing Siva and clusters) and something to do with the super-recharge mechanic.

Tjamato88

Since I have a plenty of Strange Coins, I just buy weapons from Xur, level up them with Motes of Light, and dismantle them for two shards.

EDIT: You also get a shard occasionally from public events.

Yeah I don't have a ton of Strange Coins but I'll try and do some public events to do them.

Also I'm doing my first WotM raid tomorrow night. I have so many saved engrams to use once the patch hits.

For Vosiks apparently there are monitors on the sides and up behind you as well. The thought is you will have to be alert to those as well. I also don't doubt there being a cooldown timer on the Siva charges making players alternate throwing them just to add another dynamic to it.

Don't have a clue on the Siege Engine other than less time and more enemies.

Aksis Phase 1 will probably have more targets/servitors during the three rounds and less time as well.

Aksis Phase 2 will probably have volatile Servitors (firing Siva and clusters) and something to do with the super-recharge mechanic.

For Vosik, just means the folks on the side have to look back.

1 less platform and the Servitors themselves attacking you sounds about right for the last phase. Maybe a 2nd captain comes out later.

Hopefully that last puzzle room is active now. Maybe you need the OP to activate something there...

Melchiah

Yeah I don't have a ton of Strange Coins but I'll try and do some public events to do them.

Also I'm doing my first WotM raid tomorrow night. I have so many saved engrams to use once the patch hits.

It seems to be pretty rare to get them there though. I've gotten one twice from the day's first public event, but a friend of mine has never gotten a single one.

I've also saved two exotics, and a half a dozen legendary engrams for the patch.

EDIT: One option is to gather Strange Coins via the weekly Rise of Iron bounties and quests. You get four of them each time you rank up reputation, and with three characters you can increase the amount threefold.

It's easier to just buy exotics from the kiosk for 2500 glimmer and one shard. Then with a heavy telemtry or class item that boosts your heavy weapon upgrade rate, you just need six motes to max it out. (No need to actually activate the upgrades) Dismantle it and you'll get two shards back.

Edit: Top of the page... oh my... Heroic Mode Hype!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Are there any Xbox gamers here that has a spot for the Raid and other weekly events?

I've become extremely reclusive lately and haven't touched this raid yet. Where as I used to raid 3-5 times a week before.

All three characters are 368ish.

Gamertag is Truelize

I'll put you in since I haven't received any answers from Duebrithil and kadab. Sorry guys, I'll put you in the backup list just in case someone drops in the last minute

Sorry about that, lost internet connection at work. That's more than fine, in fact I was going to tell you to leave me as a backup since you seemed to have more than enough people and I'd hate to leave you guys hanging at the end.

Good luck and good raiding! :)

Frostburn

While we wait for the patch are there any guardians that have completed the Outbreak Prime quest that can help me with the final engine puzzle? Need a Hunter and Titan.

Tjamato88

It's easier to just buy exotics from the kiosk for 2500 glimmer and one shard. Then with a heavy telemtry or class item that boosts your heavy weapon upgrade rate, you just need six motes to max it out. (No need to actually activate the upgrades) Dismantle it and you'll get two shards back.

Edit: Top of the page... oh my... Heroic Mode Hype!

They should just sell them and make them cost the same as the other exotics. I'd buy an exotic shard for 2500 glimmer.

eggydoo

Aksis

I'm guessing with computer, servers, monitors theme, they'll do a copy/pasta mechanic
He'll clone himself, so 2 Empowered dunks per turn
So he splits to left or right or any 2 combination, 1 will be clone and vanish, the other stays put
Making slamming be priority real hard due to not knowing which is real or fake

Ooh that would be interesting.
I was thinking probably have to get someone to slam a servitor plate first before you can slam aksis.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Doesn't that work both ways?

With nightfall you aren't guaranteed an item that will boost you. With raid you are at each boss. For all we know we might double drops like we usually do for hard mode.

I'd take you LiK but you must worship Donnie yen and know 8 styles of Kung fu.

Trakan

I got a weird message in game like an hour ago I've never seen before. It told me to log out to download the update, but it wasn't like the "world will reboot soon" one.

Guess it was nothing.

LiK

With nightfall you aren't guaranteed an item that will boost you. With raid you are at each boss. For all we know we might double drops like we usually do for hard mode.

I'd take you LiK but you must worship Donnie yen and know 8 styles of Kung fu.

I'm a Donnie Yen fan and I do know Kung Fu

I got a weird message in game like an hour ago I've never seen before. It told me to log out to download the update, but it wasn't like the "world will reboot soon" one.

Guess it was nothing.

I think it was telling you to log out and download the update once it goes live. In about a half an hour

shermas

Guess it was nothing.

Got the same message... I logged out, signed back in, but nothing happened. Just farting around in the Cosmo, doing Shiro tasks until update.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This makes zero sense. Do whichever thing you wanna do first. Doing the raid first will not change what you will end up getting in the NF.

It doesn't matter really but it's more beneficial to do raid first. If I do nf first I'm only going to get something at 393 max since I'm 387 where as if I come out the raid at 390 I have a chance at something 396. This is assuming the +6 over your light level still applies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
This makes zero sense. Do whichever thing you wanna do first. Doing the raid first will not change what you will end up getting in the NF.

Its not that, NF you wanna save for last

Hell that should be the bookend activity when you've burned through all your resources

I'm not touching NF till say Sunday, hell Monday the earliest
By that time, LL gained will benefit in NF due to rewards being up to max

Say you do NF today get a +4 item to push you to 387 or 388
Now by Monday you do it, might be 396 LL, you have a chance to NF to giving you an item close to max level

NF should be last rewards netted till next reset unless you've hit 400 LL

This goes for everyone @365+
Wait to do your NF till weekend or Monday before Reset, get good gains during the week, then bookend it with 3 rewards to really help you push up more

Born2Live

Guess it was nothing.

I got that message too.

Noooooo looks like I won't be HM raiding till Saturday night. Work this week and date night with the wife has scuppered my Destiny plans.

Top Bottom