• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Lima

Umm.. Vanguard, Crucible, and Faction packages are 390 according to the patch notes.

Yes and obviously I turned mine in before I saw the patch notes because they were up late. I got a 385 and 387 from two packages. Will hold on to the rest now then.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Oh thank fuck 390, phew

That's still good

Get all 3 to 390, get exotics used regularly to 390
Then go do AF for ghost and Artifact boost

Good stuff

So bosses drop Siva fraents even after you've done the Raid
Welp, looks like a nice reward for players who've done it and are helping out

HigXx

The mask collection is what I needed in life

And the NM ship being fixed!!

Notice how they didnt delist the Box of Raisins ;)

GraveRobberX

Patch Notes:

Destiny Update - 10/18/16
0h - Destiny Dev Team
2.4.1 The one about Economy changes.

Items
General
Horn Relays from Sparrow Racing League are no longer used to upgrade Rare Quality Horns
These items can be discarded
All players will receive 15 Silver Dust as compensation for this change to Horn Relays
Fixed an issue where Rare Special Weapon Engrams would sometimes decrypt into Legendary Primary Weapons
Gjallar Horn will no longer dismantle into a Horn Relay
Fixed an issue where Agonarch Runes were not charging due to the same Taken Major spawning in the Dreadnaught Patrol
Fixed an issue where the Consumed Ghost Shell did not properly display its spines
Fixed an issue where Comitatus was not dropping properly from Faction Packages for players who own Kondratyuk's Escape
Fixed an issue where some players were not receiving SIVA Key Fragments from Raid bosses in Wrath of the Machine
1 SIVA Key Fragment will now drop from Normal Mode bosses
2 SIVA Key Fragments will now drop from Heroic Mode bosses
SIVA Key Fragments will drop on each boss kill even if players have already completed the Raid that week
Several items from 2015 events have been removed:
Flimsy Masks
Gifts of the Lost
Fruit Motes, Glimmer Chew, Salty Engram, Sour Engram, Sugary Engram, Chocolate Strange Coins, Void Fizz
Paper Scraps
Crumpled Masks
Rare Quality Sparrow Horns
Paper Glue from Festival of the Lost 2015 now shards into 1 Silver Dust
Collections
A new Holiday Collection is now available to allow you to reclaim your Festival of the Lost Masks
The Sparrow Collection will now allow you to reclaim your Legendary Sparrow Horns
Crucible Emblems have been split into two new categories: Crucible and Trials of Osiris
The Shaders Iris Germanica, Mercurial Dawn, Surfbreaker, Nebula Glow, Sulfur Burnish, and Electric Aquarius can now be used and seen in the Shader Collection by all three Classes
Fixed issue in which two instances of Apotheosis Veil Helmet would appear in the Exotic Armor Collection

PVP
Inferno Elimination is now available in Private Matches
Fixed an issue where Changing Subclasses in Orbit for a PvP activity would reset Melee and Grenade charges
Fixed an issue where players were able to get under the stairs on the Drifter map
Fixed an issue where the Iron Banner Support Bounty was not awarding 5 points for Allies Defended
The Lighthouse on Mercury is now a social space that can accommodate up to 9 players with a Flawless Trials Passage

Vendors
Fixed an issue where uncommon Warlock Bonds were being sent to the Postmaster for recovery
Eververse
Reputation Boosters can now be purchased for Silver Dust as well as Silver

Economy
Fixed an issue where the Trespasser did not require an Exotic Shard to Infuse
All changes to increase Light above 385 will take effect upon the release of Heroic Mode for Wrath of the Machine
Activities
The SIVA Strike Playlist will now drop rewards up to 365 Light
The Heroic SIVA Strike Playlist will now drop rewards up to 385 Light
Archon's Forge can now drop rewards up to 385 Light
Archon's Forge can now drop Ghosts and Artifacts up to 400 Light
Trials of Osiris, Iron Banner, Crucible, and Strike Hoards will now provide drops up to 400 Light
Wrath of the Machine, Trials of Osiris, and Iron Banner will now attempt to reward higher Light items on average
Packages
Vanguard, Crucible, and Faction packages will now provide drops up to 390 Light
Increased chance of Artifacts from Crota's Bane Reputation Packages
Increased chance of Ghosts from New Monarchy, Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, Vanguard, and Crucible Reputation Packages
Engrams
Rare Engrams will now decrypt up to 365 Light
Legendary Engrams will now decrypt up to 385 Light
Exotic Engrams will now decrypt up to 400 Light

Weapons
Fixed an issue that caused Firefly to activate many, many more times than intended causing a crash

Armor
Exotics
The following Exotic Armor no longer require Rise of Iron and can be acquired through Exotic Engrams:
Astrocyte Verse (Warlock Helm)
Ophidium Aspect (Warlock Gauntlets)
Thagomizers (Titan Gauntlets)
Adjusted the Rapid Cooldown perk on the Fr0st-EE5 Hunter Exotic Legs to no longer interfere with the base cooldown provided by stats

UI
Fixed an issue with the Roster previews for the following Emblems:
Memories of Iron
Shield of the City
Eververse sections for Emotes now displayed as Emotes I and Emotes II
Fixed an issue where the Taken War Heroic Strikes Playlist tooltip incorrectly displayed +10 Legendary Marks as a reward
Fixed an issue where the Weekly Heroic Strike node was not updating with the Weekly Reset
Fixed an issue where the Heroic SIVA Crisis Playlist was not counting towards the "Take a Strike" Record in the Rise of Iron Record Book

Yes and obviously I turned mine in before I saw the patch notes because they were up late. I got a 385 and 387 from two packages. Will hold on to the rest now then.

Per the patch notes:

"All changes to increase Light above 385 will take effect upon the release of Heroic Mode for Wrath of the Machine" 5pm est

JJShadow

18:30 raiders, the patch download will take a bit for sure, so let's postpone the raid 30 minutes, we'll be starting around 19:00 once everyone is ready

Normal Mode WotM - 18:30 BST (UK time, right after the patch) - PS4

1. JJShadow - JJShadow77
2. Festwill - ZonySUX
3. Seep - Seep_UK
4. YomommaZ - Gigly
5. maxiell - arya41
6. RichieS99

Lima

So basically there's no point playing til after the hard raid drops because nightfall etc will drop higher light gear then?

Yeah it is fucking dumb. I thought they released the patch earlier to give people time to increase their light before hard mode.

jacobs34

I guess I'm not playing Destiny today then. Would have been nice if they would have just stated this last night or this morning. Thanks Bungie.

JJShadow

Reposting for new page:

18:30 raiders, the patch download will take a bit for sure, so let's postpone the raid 30 minutes, we'll be starting around 19:00 once everyone is ready

Normal Mode WotM - 19:00 BST (UK time, right after the patch) - PS4

1. JJShadow - JJShadow77
2. Festwill - ZonySUX
3. Seep - Seep_UK
4. YomommaZ - Gigly
5. maxiell - arya41
6. RichieS99

noomi

The only reason the patch is being released early is to allow people time to download it before HM hits to give everyone a fair chance at world first (for those that care).

GraveRobberX

Seriously, holding back new LL stuff till 5pm EST is annoying

Almost whole day worth of Destiny wasted for no reason at all

All of the LL should've gone live at Reset

Then release Hard Raid @10am PST

Simple

Now everything is getting delayed pushed back by 30 minutes to a hour to just level up

LiK

Seriously, holding back new LL stuff till 5pm EST is annoying

Almost whole day worth of Destiny wasted for no reason at all

All of the LL should've gone live at Reset

Then release Hard Raid @10am PST

Simple

Now everything is getting delayed pushed back by 30 minutes to a hour to just level up

Bungie is pretty nice. Waiting for me to come home after work lol

Strider

Bungie is pretty nice. Waiting for me to come home after work lol

Bungie is pretty mean. Waiting until I have to leave...

cry.gif

Mindlog

Some of those changes....
It would have been nice to know about them before the mandatory update. Keeping it secret wasn't that important.

Melchiah

Patch Notes:

Fixed an issue where Rare Special Weapon Engrams would sometimes decrypt into Legendary Primary Weapons

Fixed an issue where Agonarch Runes were not charging due to the same Taken Major spawning in the Dreadnaught Patrol

Noooo! to the first, and yes! to the second.

Regarding the past holiday consumables, does that mean I can finally delete all of them?

Yeah it is fucking dumb. I thought they released the patch earlier to give people time to increase their light before hard mode.
They don't want people to be 400 by the exact time heroic drops I guess. It makes the "world's first dynamic" a little more interesting haha

Plus I don't get home until 330pm EST. So that gives me time to do some stuff around the house before I need to worry about light and raiding. 👌

GraveRobberX

For new page

Patch Notes:

Destiny Update - 10/18/16
0h - Destiny Dev Team
2.4.1 The one about Economy changes.

Items
General
Horn Relays from Sparrow Racing League are no longer used to upgrade Rare Quality Horns
These items can be discarded
All players will receive 15 Silver Dust as compensation for this change to Horn Relays
Gjallar Horn will no longer dismantle into a Horn Relay
Fixed an issue where the Consumed Ghost Shell did not properly display its spines
Fixed an issue where Comitatus was not dropping properly from Faction Packages for players who own Kondratyuk's Escape
Fixed an issue where some players were not receiving SIVA Key Fragments from Raid bosses in Wrath of the Machine
1 SIVA Key Fragment will now drop from Normal Mode bosses
2 SIVA Key Fragments will now drop from Heroic Mode bosses
SIVA Key Fragments will drop on each boss kill even if players have already completed the Raid that week
Several items from 2015 events have been removed:
Flimsy Masks
Gifts of the Lost
Fruit Motes, Glimmer Chew, Salty Engram, Sour Engram, Sugary Engram, Chocolate Strange Coins, Void Fizz
Paper Scraps
Crumpled Masks
Rare Quality Sparrow Horns
Paper Glue from Festival of the Lost 2015 now shards into 1 Silver Dust
Collections
A new Holiday Collection is now available to allow you to reclaim your Festival of the Lost Masks
The Sparrow Collection will now allow you to reclaim your Legendary Sparrow Horns
Crucible Emblems have been split into two new categories: Crucible and Trials of Osiris
The Shaders Iris Germanica, Mercurial Dawn, Surfbreaker, Nebula Glow, Sulfur Burnish, and Electric Aquarius can now be used and seen in the Shader Collection by all three Classes
Fixed issue in which two instances of Apotheosis Veil Helmet would appear in the Exotic Armor Collection

PVP
Inferno Elimination is now available in Private Matches
Fixed an issue where Changing Subclasses in Orbit for a PvP activity would reset Melee and Grenade charges
Fixed an issue where players were able to get under the stairs on the Drifter map
Fixed an issue where the Iron Banner Support Bounty was not awarding 5 points for Allies Defended
The Lighthouse on Mercury is now a social space that can accommodate up to 9 players with a Flawless Trials Passage

Vendors
Fixed an issue where uncommon Warlock Bonds were being sent to the Postmaster for recovery
Eververse
Reputation Boosters can now be purchased for Silver Dust as well as Silver

Economy
Fixed an issue where the Trespasser did not require an Exotic Shard to Infuse
All changes to increase Light above 385 will take effect upon the release of Heroic Mode for Wrath of the Machine
Activities
The SIVA Strike Playlist will now drop rewards up to 365 Light
The Heroic SIVA Strike Playlist will now drop rewards up to 385 Light
Archon's Forge can now drop rewards up to 385 Light
Archon's Forge can now drop Ghosts and Artifacts up to 400 Light
Trials of Osiris, Iron Banner, Crucible, and Strike Hoards will now provide drops up to 400 Light
Wrath of the Machine, Trials of Osiris, and Iron Banner will now attempt to reward higher Light items on average
Packages
Vanguard, Crucible, and Faction packages will now provide drops up to 390 Light
Increased chance of Artifacts from Crota's Bane Reputation Packages
Increased chance of Ghosts from New Monarchy, Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, Vanguard, and Crucible Reputation Packages
Engrams
Rare Engrams will now decrypt up to 365 Light
Legendary Engrams will now decrypt up to 385 Light
Exotic Engrams will now decrypt up to 400 Light

Weapons
Fixed an issue that caused Firefly to activate many, many more times than intended causing a crash

Armor
Exotics
The following Exotic Armor no longer require Rise of Iron and can be acquired through Exotic Engrams:
Astrocyte Verse (Warlock Helm)
Ophidium Aspect (Warlock Gauntlets)
Thagomizers (Titan Gauntlets)
Adjusted the Rapid Cooldown perk on the Fr0st-EE5 Hunter Exotic Legs to no longer interfere with the base cooldown provided by stats

UI
Fixed an issue with the Roster previews for the following Emblems:
Memories of Iron
Shield of the City
Eververse sections for Emotes now displayed as Emotes I and Emotes II
Fixed an issue where the Taken War Heroic Strikes Playlist tooltip incorrectly displayed +10 Legendary Marks as a reward
Fixed an issue where the Weekly Heroic Strike node was not updating with the Weekly Reset
Fixed an issue where the Heroic SIVA Crisis Playlist was not counting towards the "Take a Strike" Record in the Rise of Iron Record Book

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, they made so many good things with Rise of Iron and now this. And the raid going live four hours after the patch? Come on...

Come on guys. Let's get some perspective. Think about what you are actually so upset about.

Top Bottom