• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Mindlog

PSN: LiffeyNinja
386 warlock
I'm up for it. 386 warlock.

PSN: Talos_AI
Please count me in. 387 Hunter, although by then it's likely I'll be over 390.
I will be down warlock 383. Blunoise1
HM Raid team.
The new news we've been thinking. It would be easier to delay by an hour or two to get our LLs up, but I know trying to coordinate times can be difficult. Jay is down for delaying, but I can understand if others can't. Trying to see what everyone is thinking. Also I'm pretty sure I missed someone.

It's just a few hours to wait, we will have this light cap for months. Nothing to get too upset about.

I'm not upset. Well maybe a little, because the raid HM time is at midnight here. I would have liked to do the LL stuff right now and MAYBE try the HM raid later if I'm not too sleepy.

I never not got those drops so rip.

But that sounds more like a bug fix rather than a change.
Yeah definitely could be just a bug. I ran the raid quite a bit each week to help clanmates or just because I enjoy doing the raid and sometimes I'd get extra fragments and sometimes not.

NastyBook

Several items from 2015 events have been removed:
  • Flimsy Masks
  • Gifts of the Lost
  • Fruit Motes, Glimmer Chew, Salty Engram, Sour Engram, Sugary Engram, Chocolate Strange Coins, Void Fizz
  • Paper Scraps
  • Crumpled Masks
  • Rare Quality Sparrow Horns
  • Paper Glue from Festival of the Lost 2015 now shards into 1 Silver Dust
*sees no mention of Raisins*
I KNEW it...

thabiz

HM Raid team.
The new news we've been thinking. It would be easier to delay by an hour or two to get our LLs up, but I know trying to coordinate times can be difficult. Jay is down for delaying, but I can understand are a little more antsy. Trying to see what everyone is thinking. Also I'm pretty sure I missed someone.

You missed me.

I would be down for delaying . I'm hedged and bursting with exotics so I would like to take care of that first.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Great I can't Earn the masks...

Thanks Bungie, I was in the Hospital, couldn't play, yet Kiosk there teasing me

Better be a Festival Update next week to coincide with this!

Same for SRL

Zakalwe

Banned
They say it in the patch notes:

Deployment begins at approximately 10AM Pacific on Tuesday, October 18th. To ensure that all World-First-hopeful Fireteams have time to download the update, Heroic Mode for Wrath of the Machine will begin at 2PM Pacific on Tuesday, October 18th.

It's just like pre-installing for the actual release. It's also only a few hours until then.

WeTeHa

Stuck on "Preparing to download...10%" since 10 minutes. Restarting doesn't help.
Why didnt Bungie just drop one of these small ingame patches anyway? I thought they are just changing light level droprates and add hardmode raid?

Restarting doesn't help because restarting restarts everything. So it starts checking everything again. just leave it be and come back later.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Goddamn it. I just wasted 2 rank up packages and 2 exotic engrams decrypting lower than I am. Soooo dumb to not release the light level increases with the bloody update. Such horseshit.

*sees no mention of Raisins*
I KNEW it...

I held on to mine. I knew this would happen.
hWHPXXY.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
With 365 from blue engrams now I think a 365 minimum light for Newbie Raids will be totally doable.

Thinking the first will be on Thursday night, stay tuned for signups!

Quick question. I have not upgraded to RoI and I may never - unless the game re-grabs me. Willing to give it a try.

The question is, can I still get gear upgrades toward the new light level even though I don't have the latest DLC? Or will I be locked out of that? Seems like they're saying new higher-level gear will drop just about everywhere, so I wonder how that works. This is the first expansion I didn't get on Day-1 for Destiny, so don't know how the "have-nots" deal w/ new features / gear / etc.

tl;dr - I don't have RoI, can I still get max level light gear?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Goddamn it. I just wasted 2 rank up packages and 2 exotic engrams decrypting lower than I am. Soooo dumb to not release the light level increases with the bloody update. Such horseshit.

That's why you wait for Patch Notes, just to say safe

for what its worth blue engrams seem to be decoding to 365 right now already, so if you are below 365 and have a bunch of blue engrams you could decode them to level up a bit.

I hope the buff to ghost drops in faction packages was big. I am still ghost starved and have to swap my one high LL ghost between characters.

Melchiah

I hope the buff to ghost drops in faction packages was big. I am still ghost starved and have to swap my one high LL ghost between characters.

I have to do that every week as well, when I'm doing the new weekly quests and bounties with all three characters.

From reddit:

"40 engrams in. Not a single LL higher yet... Getting worried. 3 factions packages. All 385."

...............bruh. The patch notes.

ethomaz

Banned
This is good for non-ROI buyers...

The following Exotic Armor no longer require Rise of Iron and can be acquired through Exotic Engrams:
Astrocyte Verse (Warlock Helm)
Ophidium Aspect (Warlock Gauntlets)
Thagomizers (Titan Gauntlets)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So many people at the tower standing in front of the cryptarch. Poor bastards.

lol they should at least have a message when you enter orbit warning people. it makes no sense lol.

I am annoyed at the 390 cap. I had thousands of weapon parts, hundreds of heavy synths and motes saved up and all three characters sitting at 6 faction ranks up. I

Not sure why they couldnt just go to 395 other than to punish people for actually using their loot scrap to level up. why have the economy trade in for faction rep if you dont like people using it?

it's not like i cheated my way to getting 4k weapon parts or synths. those were glimmer that i earned while playing your stupid game.

Top Bottom