• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Kluster and I would like to do the normal mode for WotM. I'm a 366 titan, he is a 375 warlock.

We've only done the raid once, so would prefer to do it with a experienced team! BLCKATK, Griffith, Xion, RichieS99, Raven117, Pandora, molnizzle, GraveRobberX: if any of you are free we would love to play with you!

1. Marco_Tovarich
2. BSK_Kluster
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

Ideally we would start in 30-60 minutes.

Quoting for new page.

@JJShadow: let us know if two spots become available. Would love to join you!

shermas

Come on guys. Let's get some perspective. Think about what you are actually so upset about.

Yah, I'm a little bummed, but whatever... I can grind away on my shaxxfalls now. This week is Rift and I still have the control and clash bounties on one of my dudes.

They don't want people to be 400 by the exact time heroic drops I guess. It makes the "world's first dynamic" a little more interesting haha

That makes no sense. All the hardcore players have been hoarding engrams for weeks and have leveled up factions far enough to level them up immediately. They WILL be 400 or close to it for the heroic raid. And they'll get there in a matter of minutes too.

All they did was delay everyone else from playing their game.

So we can decrypt legendary engrams just fine right now or do we have to wait until 2 PM?

Until 2pm PST legendary engrams will cap at 365 light, at 2pm they will cap at 385. So it just depends on whether you want 365 items, 385 items, don't care and just want marks in case you can do it now.

I'd still say wait till 2pm PST since there is a small chance each legendary could decrypt into an exotic which will be a few light level highers.

The Destiny update on PS4 is a PSN update, so you have to go through options button on destiny icon, check for update, and it should download and merge Destiny 1.29. Takes a while on PS4 due to the way it does updates (checks your entire install to merge against).

I don't mind the 385 delay at all, I'll play Forza and Gears until then, then while I play and do all that trivial crap of turning in engrams and stuff I can watch twitch streams of people doing hard mode raids. I hope at least 1-2 groups just straight up jump into hard mode at 2pm and not spend 20 minutes trying to LL up.

platocplx

SMH at Fixing the Tresspasser. Glad i got mine up to 385. lol Thanks for waiting till 5PM EST for us bungie lol. can come home and decrypt a ton of stuff lol.

That makes no sense. All the hardcore players have been hoarding engrams for weeks and have leveled up factions far enough to level them up immediately. They WILL be 400 or close to it for the heroic raid. And they'll get there in a matter of minutes too.

All they did was delay everyone else from playing their game.
The patch being early gives a lot more people time to download it and be ready for when the light level unlocks and the heroic raid drops. I don't see how this is a bad thing at all.

I don't really like that Bungie is making this "world's first" such a big deal with everything in the game. I don't know if it was like this before RoI, or at least I didn't mind it, but I sure do see that phrase seemingly in their every blog post nowadays.
Kudos to the people that are first in doing something noteworthy in the game, but Bungie should not make other players suffer just to please these elite few (like holding back LL cap raise).

I understand giving everyone time to download the patch in order to get world first. I just don't understand why wait until 2pm PDT then. Why not drop the patch at reset unlock the LL stuff at 10 am PDT then unlock the hard mode raid around 12pdt. I really don't understand this.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
SIVA Key Fragments from Raid bosses in Wrath of the Machine
1 SIVA Key Fragment will now drop from Normal Mode bosses
2 SIVA Key Fragments will now drop from Heroic Mode bosses
SIVA Key Fragments will drop on each boss kill even if players have already completed the Raid that week

This might be huge...

X-Frame

So if groups want to be World's First then maybe it is smart to bring in alternates and then have 2-3 people stay in the Tower trying to get as high a Light as possible. Then swap them in once the raid group gets to Aksis.

Isn't that what people did for Crota's world first?

I don't really like that Bungie is making this "world's first" such a big deal with everything in the game. I don't know if it was like this before RoI, or at least I didn't mind it, but I sure do see that phrase seemingly in their every blog post nowadays.
Kudos to the people that are first in doing something noteworthy in the game, but Bungie should not make other players suffer just to please these elite few (like holding back LL cap raise).

It's just a few hours to wait, we will have this light cap for months. Nothing to get too upset about.

platocplx

I understand giving everyone time to download the patch in order to get world first. I just don't understand why wait until 2pm PDT then. Why not drop the patch at reset unlock the LL stuff at 10 am PDT then unlock the hard mode raid around 12pdt. I really don't understand this.

im sure They dont want to drop a patch at night just in case there are issues.

YomommaZ

Reposting for new page:

18:30 raiders, the patch download will take a bit for sure, so let's postpone the raid 30 minutes, we'll be starting around 19:00 once everyone is ready

Normal Mode WotM - 19:00 BST (UK time, right after the patch) - PS4

1. JJShadow - JJShadow77
2. Festwill - ZonySUX
3. Seep - Seep_UK
4. YomommaZ - Gigly
5. maxiell - arya41
6. RichieS99
Hopefully it will update until then.

The patch being early gives a lot more people time to download it and be ready for when the light level unlocks and the heroic raid drops. I don't see how this is a bad thing at all.

But couldn't they have done it an hour before the update? Release the patch at 9am so people have it downloaded by 10am. It's the same thing, except at the time everyone was expecting.

So if groups want to be World's First then maybe it is smart to bring in alternates and then have 2-3 people stay in the Tower trying to get as high a Light as possible. Then swap them in once the raid group gets to Aksis.

Yes, smart tactic actually if World First is your goal.

Deku Tree

For worlds first Crota NM, they swapped one player because the sword wielder at level 30 or w/e was not doing enough damage to Crota to beat him before enrage.

platocplx

I love the siva fragment drops regardless of already doing the raid. Gives you at least something for your effort if you just wanna do the raid with people after completion.

But couldn't they have done it an hour before the update? Release the patch at 9am so people have it downloaded by 10am. It's the same thing, except at the time everyone was expecting.
Why expect a certain time? They can release their content whenever they want, at whatever time works best for them. There's a lot of behind the scenes reasoning/development that we aren't privy to.

This really isn't a big deal.

Ambitious

1. Liam_Croft
2. Ambitious
3. gunawi
4. Ninja Kn1ght
5. Dr_Boris_Glotz
6. Griffith

And that's a team!

What are your PSN's Ambitious, gunawi, Ninja Kn1ght and Dr_Boris_Glotz?

Do you want to run the raid right at release or rather run the NF first for a chance of >385 light gear? I'm fine with either.

Maybe I am remembering incorrectly, but I thought patches in the past were done a day or two before official release and they just had the small unlock file to download on release day.

oSoLucky

This might be huge...

It was a thing before. It could have been a bug but I've definitely gotten fragments on repeat runs(only the first repeat of the week though) up until last week or the week before. I thought it was intentional, and weird when they stopped coming in. I even stopped getting fragments from loot bosses, only the chests.

Either way, glad to see it's a set thing now. I have 28 raid clears now and I wish this was in the game before.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just to repeat so people see: it always did.

I honestly thought it was always this way as well, but perhaps it was a random chance. Regardless, the odds of me doing the raid multiple times on a character are 0.

Kamina

Golden Boy
This happens with every single patch. It's not redownloading 30 gigs, the PS4 is verifying the game on your HDD before it downloads the missing patch files.
Stuck on "Preparing to download...10%" since 10 minutes. Restarting doesn't help.
Why didnt Bungie just drop one of these small ingame patches anyway? I thought they are just changing light level droprates and add hardmode raid?

GhaleonEB

Fixed an issue where the Heroic SIVA Crisis Playlist was not counting towards the "Take a Strike" Record in the Rise of Iron Record Book

Oh thank goodness. If they counted I'd have that node complete already. Guessing it's not retroactive, though.

Top Bottom