• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Re: Faction packages at 385, wasn't one of the shitty grind-adding changes to the loot system that once you're over a certain point (385? 365?) it becomes a random chance that your rewards are even any higher than your current average light? So any results there are just RNG.

When you are 385 and above, getting something higher seems much much much much less than last week.

30+ packages and only one item was 385+. Last week it was raining 387s and I had a handful of 389s.

Trials is just not made for average PVPers like me.

It's for people like Saithan and Seafood. They can kill you from across the map with a knife. But anyway playing this week will be the easiest so even casuals can get lucky and face other casuals below them to get to the lighthouse.

When you are 385 and above, getting something higher seems much much much much less than last week.

30+ packages and only one item was 385+. Last week it was raiding 387s and I had a handful of 389s.

Ahkay. Maybe it is a deliberate change, then, if 385's basically supposed to be the soft cap until Hard Mode.

2X Flawless with Igor and X. Got the Pulse, Scout, and Sparrow.

I wonder if the new "scarab" emblem is just a random reward. Bungie has been trying to make things a bit more casual so it could just be a post game drop anytime. Who knows right?

Rehsa

I wonder if the new "scarab" emblem is just a random reward. Bungie has been trying to make things a bit more casual so it could just be a post game drop anytime. Who knows right?
Congrats, was that second card as easy as the first couple games I watched were? What does the sparrow look like?

Lima

Well we are deep in wins on a single passage and no one got it yet.

Got to the lighthouse twice back when it first came out but after they changed how they did matchmaking I haven't been able to make it back there haha. I'm probably just getting worse or something lol. Or it's getting sweatier than I am. :p

Oh it's sweaty as f---

I like the mode but I don't play enough Crucible to get over the skill hump. I just remain average. I did get a 368 helmet for my troubles.

I'm in the same boat. Played a couple cards earlier and am complete trash on this new map. Doesn't help any that I'm a slow warlock getting shotgun rushed by everybody :/ But Shotguns are TOTALLY balanced right now...right?

Beating rushing shotgunners is not easy anymore. The Doctrine used to be able to do it but it obviously had to be nerfed.

Don't give up, Rome wasn't built in a day my friend.

Haha, I won't. Probably run a couple cards on Monday.

In KF you could get a 3oC to proc off three bosses. And if you were scrubby at Oryx you might even get multiple exotic engrams in the shade.

So why is there only one boss in WotM that can proc a 3oC? Seems dumb. Should be all three. Those of us that mostly just raid lose out on 3oC.

PvPers even get to proc a 3oC after each game they play.

Bungie nobody wants to grind strikes for them 3oC engrams.
Deku pls. There are
exotic chests in WotM and the droprate is MUCH higher than the chests in any of the previous raids.

I've seen people walk away with 3 exotics from one run.

Shito

Yeah, I already was lucky with the forge before that, but since the patch: this shit is my most favorite thing of this extension!
This is now so fun to chain offerings, I get them dropping all the time, and this has been a blast to get engrams / legendaries / marks / bounties done.
This. Is. So. Fun!

WeTeHa

Deku pls. There are
exotic chests in WotM and the droprate is MUCH higher than the chests in any of the previous raids.

I've seen people walk away with 3 exotics from one run.

Yup. Got 3 exotics on my last run (3 different primaries). plus a primary engram from the special chest.

X-Frame

Yah whoever wrote the walkthroughs for the quest (on reddit) was on some shit cause they are traaaaaaaaaaaaaash.

Seriously. I've read like 3 guides now and none of them were very easy to follow.

Even Datto's video doesn't really explain it. Granted it was a general overview of the entire Pulse quest, but I was hoping he would have shown the actual in-game communication of how it all worked.

WeTeHa

Speaking of which, what's the lowdown on your exotic collection? Missing anything? (any year)

Couple of year 1 exotics which i started to fill out slowly with legacy engrams. Finally got voidfang vestments today. Now I think I'm just missing dunemarchers and the exotic class items.

Deku Tree

Wait so Luminosity and Murdaro had to beat iAM and then Math Class and then Wish You Luck to go flawless at Trials Launch? Damn stacked.

Does WYL play on PS4 now? I thought he always played on X1...

No our team just rocks. Shutting down people at 18 win streaks 5-0 like it is nothing.

Do you do sweats against BSK?

Nicodemic

Couple of year 1 exotics which i started to fill out slowly with legacy engrams. Finally got voidfang vestments today. Now I think I'm just missing dunemarchers and the exotic class items.

Nice! Got the year 1 boots today myself. Getting there brother!

Top Bottom