• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Trials on PS4 anyone? Haven't played it since House of Wolves but want to give it a shot. Not looking to go to the Lighthouse but if we do really well, it will get serious.

Edit: 369 Titan if that is relevant

Kalamari

I haven't played with it much, nor am I a sniper expert, but the non-adept trials sniper has some good perks, I think the adept version gets an inherent quickdraw or equip speed perk, so that should be nuts.

MechDX

What is this "Duck Walk Trick"?

Go into the foundry room (of course no one is there) go down into the cave directly across from where you enter. Go down to the Archons Whatever Its called. Make your way back up the cave and about half way crouch and duck walk. Supposedly walking slow allows the servers to find a game to place you in when slowly working your way back up.

Once you are a few feet from the mouth of the cave you should see the forge info on screen pop up and will likely hear explosions. Run into the fray then enjoy your bonds/marks/whatever the hell marshmallow ass Hunters wear.

Trakan

So, to anyone who has the new Trials weapons, are they any good? I've seen their stats in the DB, but in actual use I mean.

SeanR1221

You know, I've used the graviton since the taken king came out but I barely ever use shade step anymore.

I wonder what exotic hunter armor I should use instead 🤔🤔

hitlerat

Hey... Got my first Grasp of Malok
Perks
Red Dot Ores, ranged lens, quickdraw is
Headseeker
Hand loaded, reinforced barrel
Feeding Frenzy

Is that a good one for pve?

Thanks

friday

Hey... Got my first Grasp of Malok
Perks
Red Dot Ores, ranged lens, quickdraw is
Headseeker
Hand loaded, reinforced barrel
Feeding Frenzy

Is that a good one for pve?

Thanks

Seems pretty good. Counter balance or braced frame would be nice, but that is still a solid roll.

Nothus

People, I'm stuck with a 353 artifact with everything else at 361. Where do I find a better chance do get a 360+ artifact?

1) Get lucky with the cryptarch decrypting a random engram into an artifact
2) Rank up with Eris
3) Find them in strike chests (not guaranteed)

So, to anyone who has the new Trials weapons, are they any good? I've seen their stats in the DB, but in actual use I mean.

I like the pulse alot. It's the Hawksaw style. You can run Smallbore, HCR, and Counter Balance. Only has 21 shots then, but it's still good imo.

2) Rank up with Eris

Eris is no guarantee either. I leveled her up twice today and got 2 cloaks. This bitch has a possibility of giving 3 different artifacts and one cloak. So of course I get two cloaks. 3 or 4 hours completely wasted.

Obviously third time will be the charm.

Edit: for anyone else stuck and trying to get an artifact from Eris just go into the drednaught and run straight for CoO. If nobody is there just leave to orbit and go right back again. Repeat until you find an instance with people already playing. You should also get a few bounties when you start playing CoO. They're chained so you do the first that's +250, then when you complete that one and turn it in you automatically get a second that's worth +500, then after that a third and final bounty that's +750. This last bounty does not require you to be the one who uses the stolen rune.

2) Rank up with Eris

Eris it is then. I've been doing strikes like there is no tomorrow for quite sometime now.

Eris is no guarantee either. I leveled her up twice today and got 2 cloaks. This bitch has a possibility of giving 3 different artifacts and one cloak. So of course I get two cloaks.

Hah, it worked on the very first package. All I had to do was sell some wormspores: got an 362 one.

Eris, I love you.

Disker

Eris is no guarantee either. I leveled her up twice today and got 2 cloaks. This bitch has a possibility of giving 3 different artifacts and one cloak. So of course I get two cloaks. 3 or 4 hours completely wasted.

When your artifact is the lowest light level item, it is guaranteed in the skeleton key box.

Did it all the time, never failed me. My artifact is now 383.

3x flawless with ape and xplicit hype.

jhO7kIQ.jpg

Even my titan and warlock felt like paying a trip to mercury, that doesnt happen very often geneWut.

When your artifact is the lowest light level item, it is guaranteed in the skeleton key box.

Did it all the time, never failed me. My artifact is now 383.
You mean in ANY skeleton key box? Or is there a specific artifact one? I guess I'll give it a whirl. First I need a skeleton key...

Trakan

Wait, Trials bounties give Year 2 gear? This combined with engrams decoding into Y2 gear are the worst parts of the expansion.

I just jumped back into Destiny tonight after months and months of not playing. Anyone have any advice on tips/tricks on what I need to be doing? I finished the main quest, and I'm trying to google a good site to fill me in on the extra stuff I can/should be doing now.

Is Y2 Trials gear really dropping as random drops in Y3 Trials...or is that Reddit guy just having a laugh?

Would love to get some of that Y2 gear I missed out on as I scrub it up for my book completions.

I got a "But Not Forgotten" today. Do these have set rolls? If not, mine has smallbore/oiled frame, explosive rounds/single point sling, spray and play/triple tap. I'm loving this thing.

Ruze789

Got a Hard Light from my first Prison of Elders! Pretty excited since I never got that in Year One (stopped playing just after TDB).

Trying to get my Warlock up to speed, though I don't think I'll be in good shape to hit up Iron Banner next week. Just finished the House of Wolves story and PoE, and I'm currently at lvl 36, 179 light.

Top Bottom