• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

molnizzle

Destiny 2.

I'm sue we will get unique weapons/gears coming from Destiny... unique I mean only for Destiny's years triumphs.

And I want all my grimories imported in Destiny 2.

5430 out of 5510.

So close.

I'm fully expecting for grimoire, shaders and emblems to follow us to Destiny 2. Nothing else.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm fully expecting for grimoire, shaders and emblems to follow us to Destiny 2. Nothing else.

I wouldn't he surprised if a calamity takes place akin to Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

You have faint memories and locations, but everything is new yet old in some way

Grimorie is your only callback
Everything else lost

Your Guardian lost their light, so you have to earn it back

You'll get a thanks in the way of Vanguard/Crucible rememberence weapons/armor as starter stuff for a quick push early

The only good handcannon was The Last Word and now it's been neutered.

Wait... what? lol You even play with handcannons!? ;P

Fatebringer/Imago Loop is god-tier with the right roll... and TLW is still completely deadly in Crucible. Yes it's not as crazy good... but can still melt face in the right hands.

Zocano

Heh.

Weapons that don't have ornaments yet have the ornaments pop up in their material details.

TLW, Red Death, Thorn, and Black Spindle all have dormant/not-ready ornaments on the way.

Red Death and Thorn have their's named, TLW and Black Spindle are blank.

ethomaz

Banned
Mine always download in Rest Mode.

I reach home and it is already finished most times.

PS. Unless happens a breakout in my home like happened yesterday ;o; and I had to download World of Final Fantasy Demo by myself.

LiK

Rest Mode doesn't download really huge patches on its own from my experience. Destiny patches def never downloaded on their own for me.

molnizzle

I wouldn't he surprised if a calamity takes place akin to Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

You have faint memories and locations, but everything is new yet old in some way

Everything else lost

You'll get a thanks in the way of Vanguard/Crucible rememberence weapons/armor as starter stuff for a quick push early

They can take away just about whatever they want—but do not touch my emblems or grimoire, Bungo.

Followup from previous page:

Thorn has ornaments incoming

rM88sx2.jpg

And Red Death

zVmuVwF.jpg

PuMa

It reserves that much space from the HDD though. It shows under "Other" in storage management while it prepares the download.

Right, but it's not actually downloading 30gb. It take me 2-3 minutes to download and there is nothing special about my internet connection.

Zocano

Heh.

Weapons that don't have ornaments yet have the ornaments pop up in their material details.

TLW, Red Death, Thorn, and Black Spindle all have dormant/not-ready ornaments on the way.

Red Death and Thorn have their's named, TLW and Black Spindle are blank.
repost for new page.

Melchiah

Right, but it's not actually downloading 30gb. It take me 2-3 minutes to download and there is nothing special about my internet connection.

This is what I wrote about it on another thread.

"It took three tries to get it updated, as apparently 67GB and 100GB of free space weren't enough for 500MB patch. It finally went through, when I deleted another game in my backlog, and had 130GB space for it."

Which is just absurd.

martino

ok so the game released an 1.29 update today (it seems)
Is it a bug or this update is really 31go ?
can't even donwlaod it without removing another game....

PuMa

This is what I wrote about it on another thread.

"It took three tries to get it updated, as apparently 67GB and 100GB of free space weren't enough for 500MB patch. It finally went through, when I deleted another game in my backlog, and had 130GB space for it."

Which is just absurd.

Yeah, that's weird. I don't have 100gb of free space and mine went through fine.

SpecX

Everything else lost

Don't guardians that lose their light lose immortality? Honestly I'm fine with them stripping away everything minus the grimorie and giving us a fresh start. I will feel bad for those that have farmed 1,000's of motes, coins, etc that might lose all that time collecting.

Strider

Well. Up to 368 from 364... If I can complete a raid tonight I should easily be in the 370s. Hopefully folks will be looking for a normal clear later

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
When we are talking about what needs to carry over to Destiny 2 I all we need is the gear and our ghost.
I can make new characters that isn't a big issue.
My ghost could have an "I found you" moment. "Remember all those things we did together?You've been dead along time again. But I'm sure I can find all that you have lost"

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Don't guardians that lose their light lose immortality? Honestly I'm fine with them stripping away everything minus the grimorie and giving us a fresh start. I will feel bad for those that have farmed 1,000's of motes, coins, etc that might lose all that time collecting.

Well lose light in a way where you earn chunks back
You would still have a little to feel empowered but not fully fleshed out

Also be kind of crazy if a hoarder like me can carry everything to Destiny 2

Like say no more updates to LL

400 is locked, by the time Destiny 2 rolls around people would have ungodly amount of resources to take with them
You want an even playing field

As I said D2 makes you forget about the past you once lived, now you're pulled into another realm/dimension or hell time skip with some Deus Ex Machina tactic

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Odd. I wonder why it refused to update in my end?

Got plenty of free space. It doesn't do it for me.

It's just Sony's shitty way of downloading updates and video games. It's been there since the PS3. I had a 40 GB PS3 and i couldnt even download Street Fighter 4 because it was like 17GB and Sony wanted to reserve 34GB which was impossible even after i deleted all the apps, games and game data from my system.

I would have to imagine that they are doing the same thing here. They try to reserve 100 GB or twice the size of your destiny install which I imagine is pretty large right now considering four dlc expansions have been released.

It doesnt matter if the update itself is 500MB, they go and check the existing Destiny file on your PS4 before downloading the update.

Melchiah

It's just Sony's shitty way of downloading updates and video games. It's been there since the PS3. I had a 40 GB PS3 and i couldnt even download Street Fighter 4 because it was like 17GB and Sony wanted to reserve 34GB which was impossible even after i deleted all the apps, games and game data from my system.

I would have to imagine that they are doing the same thing here. They try to reserve 100 GB or twice the size of your destiny install which I imagine is pretty large right now considering four dlc expansions have been released.

It doesnt matter if the update itself is 500MB, they go and check the existing Destiny file on your PS4 before downloading the update.

I remember that on the PS3, but I don't recall the same happening with games other than Destiny on the PS4, and I've had even less space on the HDD before. Other games don't take as much time for preparing the download either.

The total file size was 51.01GB before the update, so needing twice the amount could explain why it didn't update for me, but it did update to the poster above who had less than 100GB space.

Top Bottom