• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

CREMSteve

Don't decrypt anything yet. Anything can become an exotic, so in the case you do get lucky, you'd be screwing yourself. Just wait until Hard Mode goes live.

Zocano

I expect it all to go forward.

The big Destiny 2 stuff that came out a month ago pretty plainly said it's more likely that we'll lose most everything and that it will be a "new game" for all intents and purposes and not like a major shake-up WoW expansion.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Don't decrypt anything yet. Anything can become an exotic, so in the case you do get lucky, you'd be screwing yourself. Just wait until Hard Mode goes live.

But we can't wait that one hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST DECRYPT

Raven117

I'm fully expecting for grimoire, shaders and emblems to follow us to Destiny 2. Nothing else.

And id be happy with that. (Im not letting go of Revenant or Old Guard shaders...eff Bungo).

I mean, really, lets be honest...we are re-grinding for new gear every time new content drops anyway. We don't have to level up the vanguard, but that really about all the time we save. That and stock piled resources....but even then....

Bring on Destiny 2 Bungie. I'm ready. I'll try and keep my expectations in check and wont fall for the marketing of a "bigger exploreable world"....I will just want more awesome gameplay...more awesome things to do with my friends...more awesome weapons to use...more awesome raids.

With that, I will be happy.
Eyes Up Guardian.

Reven

I hate destiny updates because they always refuse to download. My PS4 says there is 48gb of free space and apparently that is not enough.

So if I'm 387, blues and purples are still useless, right?

I'm guessing exotic engrams, nightfalls and the hard raid are the only way to level up past 385.
Kind of the same as before.

If you have a single Exotic engram for each gear/weapon slot and are currently 387+ LL you should be able to reach 390+ without using anything else even with a 385-387 LL Ghost and Artifact.

That is unless they have nerfed the infusion system in trying to slow progress from 385-400 LL.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So if I'm 387, blues and purples are still useless, right?

I'm guessing exotic engrams, nightfalls and the hard raid are the only way to level up past 385.
Kind of the same as before.

Not necessarily
Chance at Exotic roll

Like I have all my Armor Legendary, roughly 100 of the, they're all Sublime
So either Sublime Gear piece or Exotic chance

Legendary Engrams have more things they can decrypt into from their tool tip

So yeah, why not play the Engrams lotto in 40 minutes and hit it big!

Edit: Top of Page

40 Minutes till Hard Raid release and 400 chase begins!

molnizzle

So now it's 1 key fragment per normal boss and 2 per HM boss... wasn't it at least 3x per normal boss before? If have like 130 of them stockpiled in the bank.

A string of 5 Heroic Strikes produced 2 Exotic Engrams (Helm and Special Weapon), 2 Skeleton Keys, and a blue engram which turned into a 386 Thunderlord.

Good start.

FyreWulff

The big Destiny 2 stuff that came out a month ago pretty plainly said it's more likely that we'll lose most everything and that it will be a "new game" for all intents and purposes and not like a major shake-up WoW expansion.

I expect later content to be noticeably updated over current content but for all existing content to continue to come forward. They have so much content now, it'd just be silly to dump it all. Other MMOs do this all the time where there's blatantly legacy or out of date content but it's still there in the game.

We're talking about Destiny, where they left old upgrade pathing on old gear and have completely different upgrade pathing on newer gear and they live side by side and can be equipped at the same time.. suddenly it's gonna be too hard to make changes later? There's actually many examples of this in Destiny, where changes that used to only happen with a complete new disc release were just patched into the game directly, and then hang on like a shriveled limb after Bungie went "hmm, this works better" and changed to something else.

I've held to it for a while now, but I still expect the entirety of the Destiny userbase to be on the same client (not codewise, but population wise), and I expect to be playing on all the PvP maps, etc. I do not expect old strikes and raids to perpetually come forward and be end game viable, but they'll still be playable and used for players climbing up to the endgame.

The Iron Temple social space is a good example of notable upgrades in-flight.. The Tower social space is heavily perf-blocked-out, has tons of networking bubbles, and so on to handle all the NPCs and people in it for last gen. The Iron Temple has a higher player cap and (almost) a single networking bubble and you are allowed to see most of it from anywhere in it. Box point releases are dead.

Arrrammis

So now it's 1 key fragment per normal boss and 2 per HM boss... wasn't it at least 3x per normal boss before? If have like 130 of them stockpiled in the bank.
3 for first run of the week, 2 for second run, 1 for third, IDK if you could get more. Anyways, this kind of thing rewards repeats runs more by the sound of it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
If you have a single Exotic engram for each gear/weapon slot and are currently 387+ LL you should be able to reach 390+ without using anything else even with a 385-387 LL Ghost and Artifact.

That is unless they have nerfed the infusion system in trying to slow progress from 385-400 LL.

you shouldnt be using exotic engrams until you hit 390. use your faction, vanguard, and crucible packages to hit 390. all of your mote of lights, weapon parts, heavy ammo synths will be useless after you hit 390 so spend everything ranking up your faction.

once you hit 390, play the RNG game with the exotics to hit 400.

Mindlog

Yeah, my Titan is 387 so my original plan was to upgrade through that, but my 386 Warlock is pledged to Dead Orbit and I have ~infinity spinmetal. Warlock is better anyway.

Zakalwe

Banned
you shouldnt be using exotic engrams until you hit 390. use your faction, vanguard, and crucible packages to hit 390. all of your mote of lights, weapon parts, heavy ammo synths will be useless after you hit 390 so spend everything ranking up your faction.

Depends. If you can hit 390 on those things alone, sure. If you're left lower then using Exotics to bump up is a good idea. They drop so frequently now that it really won't matter.

vin-buc

Isn't this like the chicken/egg scenario? I'm asking because right now i'm 374 - i have 5 exotics in the vault and about 3 legendaries. I was going to decrypt them tonight so i can try to get up close to 380. Wouldn't that help me? I can keep using 3ofC's to get more going forward (rinse, repeat).

Also - i'm itching to open those exotics man! It's torturous. No way i can wait until 390.

JayHayabusa

Yeah, my Titan is 387 so my original plan was to upgrade through that, but my 386 Warlock is pledged to Dead Orbit and I have ~infinity spinmetal. Warlock is better anyway.

Ill be going with my first love then: The Warlock! I have infinity spinmetal as well and will be fastest to 390!

Isn't this like the chicken/egg scenario? I'm asking because right now i'm 374 - i have 5 exotics in the vault and about 3 legendaries. I was going to decrypt them tonight so i can try to get up close to 380. Wouldn't that help me? I can keep using 3ofC's to get more going forward (rinse, repeat).

Also - i'm itching to open those exotics man! It's torturous. No way i can wait until 390.

it's not worth it to open them now. it will only make your ascent to 390 marginally quicker, but will seriously slow you down when you're trying to go from 390-400

spyder_ur

Use them. The people telling you not to are probably talking about leveling past 385 and min/maxing the best way to do that to get to at/near 400 - you've got a little ways to go yet.

Be smart about it though - make sure to maximize your light before decrypting, and ideally you would be decrypting an exotic that matches your lowest light slot.

Except it won't really as they're so easy to find, being the point.

that's an exaggeration, especially if you want to get three different characters to 400

bottom line is that if you want to get up to 400 as quickly as possible, then you shouldn't be opening them before 390. it's inefficient , even if you have a good amount of exotics saved up, and pop 3oc constantly

Kensuke

We have a group of 3 ready for hard mode. Looking for 3 more. Preferably at a decent light level. We'll start ASAP.

1. Wretched_Walrus
2. Friend
3. Friend

Zakalwe

Banned
that's an exaggeration, especially if you want to get three different characters to 400

bottom line is that if you want to get up to 400 as quickly as possible, then you shouldn't be opening them before 390. it's inefficient , even if you have a good amount of exotics saved up, and pop 3oc constantly

Right, but if you're not worried about being as fast as possible it's perfectly fine to use Exotics to boost below 390. If you've not horded the kind of boost you need to jump asap to 390, you may as well use what you currently have access to to get as high as you can.

Top Bottom